Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - Oct 1st 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    So really sounds like no freebie breed change will be given as has been indicated it would in the past.
    Where does it sound like that? And didn't he answer you in a post on that subject already saying that it still said "free breed change on system changes"? Whatevs, dude, whatevs.

Nice monthly update anyway. Good idea to link to all the info already posted.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

vhab your first mission is to bring back wa pvp you ff!

Omg the Steam deal will be great. This serves as a much needed easier way of installing the client and will indirectly market the game to a large number of new players! I am extremely excited!!

If AO gets on steam it will revitalise the game. One of AOs biggest downsides has always been its 'niche' reputation and somewhat lacking advertisement.

Having a dirty great "ANARCHY ONLINE, NOW AVAILABLE FREE TO PLAY ON STEAM" window when 10 million people open their Steam clients is a damn huge step into not only rebirthing the games community, but also one that has the opportunity to coax those who left due to 'inability to play' population issues. I am one of those people.

Do NOT screw this up, like I said before Ilaliya, this is your chance to bring AO back into the realms of MMO greatness, heed this warning.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    So really sounds like no freebie breed change will be given as has been indicated it would in the past.
    This is a question that other players have had.

Basically, in 2009 Means promised a free breed change when we change game balance with respect to breeds. As far as I know, we haven't touched breed balance. So no breed-change-related promises from Means have been invalidated.

Thumbs up

Honestly, this excellent update was done in a very professional manner. This is quite refreshing and promising. I am impressed.
    If everything else would be done in a similar way, I have no worries about AO in the future.
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

Any prospect of seeing the redone heads soon in some gallery layout? Those things have been worked on for years now, and no matter how much tweaking and touch-up the artists do to them internally, you -will- have another big feedback loop to deal with when the 'preview final' heads are presented to the players prior to the new engine launch. The further ahead of new engine launch that preview happens, the more time you will have to address the most pressing negative feedback on some head models.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I can see some deja vu and progress here. Well, guess I'm happy. Just hoping that server merge will work properly, that should give some playtime potential.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

I always thought the new engine and rebalance were stuff used as marketing hoaks to milk customers into paying just like Apple did with iPhone5, lol.
    Now at least i know engine is coming, but i still need to see screenies from shadowlands as further proof!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Awesome update.

Congrats Vhab! *hugs* I'm sure someone with your experience can handle that task rather well.
    We have successfully completed his transformation from Rampant Forum Troll to The Man. I'm evil and sneaky like that.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by TsOrb View Post
    vhab your first mission is to bring back wa pvp you ff!
    hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Any prospect of seeing the redone heads soon in some gallery layout? Those things have been worked on for years now, and no matter how much tweaking and touch-up the artists do to them internally, you -will- have another big feedback loop to deal with when the 'preview final' heads are presented to the players prior to the new engine launch. The further ahead of new engine launch that preview happens, the more time you will have to address the most pressing negative feedback on some head models.

If you don't like head, you won't get any. muhahahahaa
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Cool update, good info there.
    However, i see no mention about rebalance, or did you just merge it into new player experience?

I mean, any ETA on that or is it taking a backseat until all the other stuff is finished?
    It would make sense to fix / implement that stuff before rolling out ao to steam and getting a good deal of new players, just as not to confuse them again X months later by changing almost every nano /perk/item/perk/whatever in-game

Just an though.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Best.... post.... ever

I suppose this breed change involves unequiping everything right? I'm not complaining if it does or not, just the fact that my keeper will be a solitus now just makes me happy enough.

Steam deal sounds nice Not sure if it's the best time for it now (with engine/NPE still in the works) but cant hurt. Hope you have some $$ for advertising more when those two are actually ready.

Also grats Vhab, nice to see long-time ao player/community coder in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i noticed you have neither confirmed nor denied the coming of the more... controversial items you were planning on releasing into the itemshop later this week. comments?
    Also interested in this. Certain items on the list got quite a strong "no" from most of the people who posted, would be nice to see our opinion matter.

Me likes the screenshots :]
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Thumbs up

Excited hearing AO coming to steam, that'll definitely boost players a huuuuge amount!

Being able to attach extra meshes to armour is also awesome!
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

An impressive newsletter, will certainly tell everyone I know in AO to read it.

I was hoping that Genele would have lead and it seems like it's exactly what is happening, as it should be.

AO on Steam... unexpected, and very happy and excited about this. The potential to increase the population of the game is HUGE if done well in combination with the NPE to have a higher player retention rate.

Engine Update info, good info and to the point.

I can't wait for the server merge tbh.

Thanks for writing Ilaliya, I think veterans will appreciate your newsletters and updates.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Also, I want to give acknowledgement to Vhab who will be stepping up to be involved with ARK, the professionals, and forum moderation in general.
    We are doomed!!!!
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Very nice update ... lots of good information and mostly easy to understand

I really like the links to where a topic was already discussed in a different thread, almost like a summary of where you made comments during the past month.

I do have a question about the 'side change' item ... isn't it already 'easy' to make a side change in-game to/from clan/omni with omni/clan forms, why would we need something from item store to do this? I admit that I am biased toward neutral, but if we can do a side change why wouldn't there be an item store option to change back to neutral in the original offering?

Again, great update.

Kinnik

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast