Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - Oct 1st 2012

I wonder if there is still a way to get flagged in the newbie area, that will make for a TON of fun if we have a wave of new people from steam
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Good to hear something.. especially about AO on steam, that could offer many new players! Too bad the engine/new player area/rebalance won't be done by then. They could offer that little extra to keep new players around.

I really hope you get the engine beta done early next year.. although I won't hold my breath. The amount of wrong estimates could fill a wall of text!
    Last edited by Harios; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 17:44:10.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Maybe this question was asked before but....

what if an organization's president is a froob? All features will still work with the city stuff?

Second question:

Non-Eurozone European countries will be still forced to pay in EUR with the ridiculous exchange rate of 1 USD = 1 EUR?
    The price difference in my country is huge. Our after-tax salaries are not exactly the highest (EUR 476 on average) and the costs of living are not really cheaper than in Germany for instance. Why on Earth do we have to pay more than US residents?
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 18:47:13.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Vhab moderating trolls on the official forums instead of trolling DoA.. status of the sky: falling!

How things can change.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    You can see it, but obviously can't see the players inside.
    OK. Thanks was just wondering this, as it's imo important that players can look beyond where they are now, to places they will be in the future.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Just please don't overuse it like a certain 3-letter MMO
    Eve?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    We have successfully completed his transformation from Rampant Forum Troll to The Man. I'm evil and sneaky like that.
    I wonder how long we will take to get you in a more favorable mood around here tho.

Oh, and Vhab, be nice to those ARKs. Ana might bite if you misbehave.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

The confirmation of AO on steam is the best news I've read regarding AO's future in several years. This will bring in many new players, and with them new revenue. Some of them will become regulars - AO appeals to a certain kind of person in a way that no other game does. The spirit of the game is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Non-Eurozone European countries will be still forced to pay in EUR with the ridiculous exchange rate of 1 USD = 1 EUR?
    As a resident of a Non-Eurozone European country (with an average salary of about € 280), I can say that I noticed that subscription prices have suddenly changed to $ instead of €.

On the contrary, I believe its ana that should be cautious in biting Vhab -> might break a tooth or a dozen.

If I understand correctly, Item shop breed change NOW, for pay. Free breed change later when they actually change breed mechanics?

So he's not breaking what Means promised, but he is offering an option for people that cannot wait. A win-win if I understand it correctly.

Atm it is mostly Atrox Online and is getting more unisexual by the day. I have faith that rebal will bring actual viability for any breed in any profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Kintaii left some very big shoes to fill.
    I'll be doing my best to fill the void.

Bear with me while I get my bearings first
    First order of business: Reactivate DoA to get your feet wet.
    Second order of business: Migrate DoA to LoA forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

"

Funcom employee
    No characters will be deleted, even if your total amount of characters from rk1, rk2 and dnw exceeds the maximum available slots on that account (As we're not going to give you 24 slots ).
    After the merge all characters will be 'disabled' and you will have the opportunity to pick which ones you wish to enable.

After consuming all available slots, the remainder of the characters will remain disabled until you either free up a slot (by deleting a character) or by purchasing additional slots.

"

From one of the threads you linked in this article. Some of my accounts still have 24 toons, or close to, on them. I never transferred them over from the German server. Will characters from the German server be transferrable? How many slots will there be on the new server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    "

Funcom employee
    No characters will be deleted, even if your total amount of characters from rk1, rk2 and dnw exceeds the maximum available slots on that account (As we're not going to give you 24 slots ).
    After the merge all characters will be 'disabled' and you will have the opportunity to pick which ones you wish to enable.

After consuming all available slots, the remainder of the characters will remain disabled until you either free up a slot (by deleting a character) or by purchasing additional slots.

"

From one of the threads you linked in this article. Some of my accounts still have 24 toons, or close to, on them. I never transferred them over from the German server. Will characters from the German server be transferrable? How many slots will there be on the new server?
    More than 8 is my understading...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Steam

Am I the only one who doesn't know what Steam is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadha View Post
    https://www.google.com/

hot vaporized liquid
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery)

The above is a link to wiki that gives the rundown so you know what you're looking for in google
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    As a resident of a Non-Eurozone European country (with an average salary of about € 280), I can say that I noticed that subscription prices have suddenly changed to $ instead of €.
    I live in South Africa yet get to pay my AO Sub in USD, but I was forced to pay my TSW sub in EUR. It's what prevented me from wanting to buy the Lifetime pack as the price difference was about 60€ in total.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Please tell me that AO will also update through Steam. It really kind of pisses me off when I buy games through Steam but they still force me to patch them via their own launcher
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Sounds great, thanks for all your dedication / support. Best of luck to the AO team..

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast