Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - Oct 1st 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    One of our artists (MstrBstrd) is going in a different direction.

Wow! I like!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

mr potty meets star wars. rest of the armor is really nice tho

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    When then engine is running to potential. Then release it on steam,
    Imagine if Silirrion had said this 5 years ago. Who knows when engine will actually hit, June 2013 is probably being optimistic since it hasn't even seen beta testing and every previous deadline has been overshot by several years. Meanwhile even diehards like Jill describe the game as unplayable due to population. Having everything ready and in perfect order is a good plan, but for a company like FC, completely unfeasible.

AO is free to play. People are more accepting of sub-par graphics when they aren't paying $60 for a game. Even without the new engine, a Steam release would bring in new players the game desperately needs.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by wakizaka View Post
    opisexual of course, because they're the awesomest!
    qft

Nice image
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not sure I like how the dual shotties look in the new engine...
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Not sure I like how the dual shotties look in the new engine...
    you haven't seen them, so its only natural to be unsure about the looks :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Thank you so much for the new image! It looks drool worthy. /drool. Small gestures like giving us these previews go a long way to win our hearts.

Thanks for the shinies !
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

I see the long standing tradition of "Ugly head gear" is alive and well in the current incarnation of the AO Dev team.

Also, while i understand there is a limit to the amount of polys/verts you want bouncing around on screen at any given time, I personaly feel that you can do better than that.

I'd also be intrested in some of more techy details and limitations MstrBstrd is working with.
    (including skeletal animation info and other rigging related subjects, mostly cus im nerdy like that and 3d character design is a hobby of mine.)
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Can we get attractor points for coats?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I like the helmet reminds me of cyberpunk stuff over the years, with a large internal monitor.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    what if an organization's president is a froob? All features will still work with the city stuff?
    PLz I need answer for this one, important
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    PLz I need answer for this one, important
    As far as I know, froobs have never been able to interact with the city controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    As far as I know, froobs have never been able to interact with the city controller.
    I think the concerne is when you migrate servers, and the president is froob, how will the redemtion of new city/buildings work.

(I'm guessing no measures is taken for this though, and the player needs to make sure the president that receives the voucher and buildings can actually use them)
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Genele . . . You might know her as . . . the "Aimed Shot Pistol" developer.
    Yep.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    I think the concerne is when you migrate servers, and the president is froob, how will the redemtion of new city/buildings work.

(I'm guessing no measures is taken for this though, and the player needs to make sure the president that receives the voucher and buildings can actually use them)
    That is correct, no special measures will be taken. Froobs are not supposed to be able to build cities, so the org will have to make sure they have a president with AI.

lol froob president. tell him to transfer leadership to his paid main for a couple days.

I thought Generals atleast can use controller....

Froobs can't buy cities not sure if generals can.
    Last edited by Ekarona; Oct 5th, 2012 at 22:38:52.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I thought Generals atleast can use controller....

Froobs can't buy cities not sure if generals can.
    Never the less, with the info we got atm.. .the president will get the voucher after migration...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast