Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 220 symbs before/at level 180

220 symbs before/at level 180

Ooops I did it again. Another step in my endless twinking efforts. If you are bored by this type of thing move on, sorry I wasted your time.

This time I tried to do Persisting (ql220) symbs just before hitting 180, or right after. The main difference is that at 180 you can train the 4th First Aid perk and get 40 more treatment. There are a total of 9 such symbs.

I started with what can be done before 180. First, without any towers, I managed to equip the L-Arm and Feet. The equipment setup was this. Note the dual chapmans, but other than that pretty standard stuff, and not all of it necassary as I think I had plenty to spare. On top of that I had NS/ES/FG/SFA/comp abilites/treat expertise and of course the clinic bonus, and I used extruder bars.

Then with a slight change in equipment I equipped the R-wrist. I also needed behe and Prodigious Strength cast on me for it. Note one Chapman changed to a Notum.

For the next step I needed some more treatment, so I got into an org with a 217 Medicine benefit which gave me +23 treatment (thanks Divine!). Of course leveling to 180 and getting the next perk would have solved it too. Using this setup I equipped the R-Arm. Notice the Grand Armband of Strength. This doesn't drop anymore, and I had it on loan. Alternatives would be 2 perks in Nanobreed Secondary Genome or leveling to 180 and using Anything. Next I installed the Ear with this setup.

At this point I could go no further without First Aid 4 perk. So I leveled to 180 and got that perk trained. Thid also made it possible to use Anything which became usefull at some point. Then it was a simple matter this setup for equiping the Waist, this for R-Hand and this for Ocular.

The last one, the Thigh was the hardest. The problem is matching the 1406 treatment with 716 agi, while not having the 53 agi from the Living Thigh I had on. It is problematic since the main slots for buffing both treatment and agi are the same - sleeves and weapons. The solution was a brain imp with more treatment, but after equipping it I couldn't put the Armplates on because I lost too much psychic. So there was just one ql possible which had enough treatment in it and I could also equip - 234. But finally, with this setup, the 9th and last one was in.

To finalize it I am making a new Left Wrist imp which will make better type-4 pistol possible (MR being the main obstacle), and upgrading my T3 to ql 243 (the best possible without OE after I'll reset perks back to DD). This will bring me to My Final Setup for lvl 180.

Was it worth it? To me this was a great challange and that was the important part, worth all effort.

I would like to thank my org, United Notum Federation for their help, and anyone else who helped me with this effort, too many to list. Thank you all.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I dunno why, but it seems pointless really, now you have to perk reset for like days to get back, while you can just level and fit the symbs Come back when you can fit 300 symbs at 220
    Proud klingon apprentice of Octopuss. <3

Quote Originally Posted by DivineKing
    I dunno why, but it seems pointless really, now you have to perk reset for like days to get back, while you can just level and fit the symbs Come back when you can fit 300 symbs at 220
    Great idea, why didn't I think of that.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Yay for endless twinking and perk resetting

I love working on random junk like this, interesting to see what you want to try out next.

Norrten nt:ai8, Omniphase fix:ai12, Vimes doc:ai11, Marriat sol:ai7.

Talking

Beautiful achivement. I might seem pointless for some people, but for people like me, who love twinking, it's better than watching p0rn

Anyway - keep all the super achievements coming

Pretty good, but it's not really an accomplishment

A lvl 60 with a slayer and a +10 ring is

This is more like a "someone with too much time in their hands" kinda thing

What he did anyone can do, if they have enough patience for months of perk resetting and not leveling
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Same as anybody with some spare time and a doc with some spare time can heal a lowbie to get the +10 ring. Add in a bit of cash for alien/buffing armor and oh look, you're an achiever.

ps. I love your cheery attitude.

Norrten nt:ai8, Omniphase fix:ai12, Vimes doc:ai11, Marriat sol:ai7.

I wouldn't do it, but its not pointless for her, just look at her aunobio.. took her 3 months to get from 170 -> 180, if you're leveling that slow its worth it I guess
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    Pretty good, but it's not really an accomplishment
    All I can say is, for me it was a challange, and I felt a sense of accomplishment when it was done, especially since I don't think it was done before.
    The time for perk resetting has nothing to do with it, it was only 22 perk resets. The most effort was learning the different items to buff, collecting them (some don't drop any more) and trying out the combinations until one fits.
    I hope it is also usefull information for some - I know for a fact that after I did the 210 symbs at 169 other people tried and did it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera
    I wouldn't do it, but its not pointless for her, just look at her aunobio.. took her 3 months to get from 170 -> 180, if you're leveling that slow its worth it I guess
    In case it wasn't obvious, I don't see leveling as a target. In fact, I suicide almost daily ("Remains of Muhandes" is a common sight in the shop street of OA on RK1) My pool now is around 150m, most of which is from killing endless aliens.
    Last edited by muha; Nov 23rd, 2005 at 23:50:10.

holy....

dayum. thats something to me. I personally would just level a bit and get em in easier, but that QL symbs in at that level is amazing. keep it up, I like to read the "crazy stuff" you do hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Omniphase
    Same as anybody with some spare time and a doc with some spare time can heal a lowbie to get the +10 ring. Add in a bit of cash for alien/buffing armor and oh look, you're an achiever.
    I'm sorry but doing ely -> scheol quest, scheol -> ado quest, ado -> pen quest (and getting past the dots), getting the molar and thru the inf dot, and then make it to the arachnis room at lvl 60 is not "some spare time"

It sure as hell isn't like sitting in OA hill for 22 days logging in everytime you wanna reset a perk, or sitting in a mission terminal clicksaving that new buffing item

Add to that AI6 and 7 arithmetic bots (and no that is not "a bit of cash") and twinking into implants that are about 3x your level

That's quite the attitude your displaying there saying "some spare time" and "a bit of cash" budz, and it leaves you no room to sarcasticly critisize my "cheery" attitude

So like i said, that's pretty good and i'm sure it was challenging, in the same way "seeing how many cheetos can i eat without blinking" is challenging
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

/me agrees muha
    Twinking is one of the best thing in this game
    Continue like that and post new guides for that kind of things

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    It sure as hell isn't like sitting in OA hill for 22 days logging in everytime you wanna reset a perk, or sitting in a mission terminal clicksaving that new buffing item
    I'm not sure this was worth response, as I will not convince you, and it seems everyone else here (or at least most) are disagreeing with you. But just to state the obvious, I already said the time for perk resets was nothing. In those 22 days I didn't stop playing or anything, was just a bit gimped (mainly on the last 4 days when I started loosing biococoon). The main challenge was finding all the buffing items and finding a combination of them that works.
    Just in case someone is interested in my method, I am using an excel sheet, where every line in the excel sheet is either an item (or some items) being removed or one being put it. In each line I write what I gain or loose from the item. I also keep track on the same sheet of what the situation is for each slot so I wont make mistakes. My excel sheet takes ability trickle into account as well. The total size of the excel sheet for this was about 250 lines... And about halfway I found a mistake, so had to do it all over again.

Hehe... Theres an application called Nillans Skill Emulator that does what your spreadsheet did, you can download it from http://www.aodb.info/
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    I'm not sure this was worth response, as I will not convince you, and it seems everyone else here (or at least most) are disagreeing with you. But just to state the obvious, I already said the time for perk resets was nothing. In those 22 days I didn't stop playing or anything, was just a bit gimped (mainly on the last 4 days when I started loosing biococoon). The main challenge was finding all the buffing items and finding a combination of them that works.
    Just in case someone is interested in my method, I am using an excel sheet, where every line in the excel sheet is either an item (or some items) being removed or one being put it. In each line I write what I gain or loose from the item. I also keep track on the same sheet of what the situation is for each slot so I wont make mistakes. My excel sheet takes ability trickle into account as well. The total size of the excel sheet for this was about 250 lines... And about halfway I found a mistake, so had to do it all over again.
    Just to clarify a few things here:

1.- Like i said, good for you. I personally don't see this as an accomplishment, since in those 22 days you could've just made it to lvl 200+ and have more perks and higher stats/skills

If it's an accomplishment for you, good then

2.- I don't give a #@$@~$! if people agree or not with me, i'm not here to try to win a popularity contest

3.- In my last post, i think i obviously made my point pretty clear to Omniphase, but if you still have doubts about it you're free to PM me and i'll explain you

Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Are you going to solo some crazy stuff now with your uber symbs (do something really challenging)? If you don't, I'll have to agree with Silverado, mainly. I don't see twinking as an end, just a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera
    Hehe... Theres an application called Nillans Skill Emulator that does what your spreadsheet did, you can download it from http://www.aodb.info/
    I tried to use that one but it was quite useless.
    First, it is missing all the AI items.
    Second, it is missing many other buffing effects, such as effects from consumable items, org contract, org city (well that is AI).
    Third, this is a tool for checking a configuration. I needed more of anaction list take X off, run buff Y, put Z in.
    All in all a nice tool, but lack of maintainance made it useless to me.

Another skill emulator worth mentioning is Darkbane's.
    I tried using that one too, but it does not have armor/item/util configuration which also made it useless for me.

So I end up using good old trusty pen and paper... well a simple excel sheet which is quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    My pool now is arounf 250m, most of which is from killing endless aliens.

too bad the pool cap is 200m (i played a nt a year ++ ago =p)
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Quote Originally Posted by DivineKing
    What Divineking dosen't get is that some ppl accaly enjoys this just as much as any other part of game...
    Agustino [220|23] Engineer [ Setup ] - General of Ragnarok - Creator of everything! Need tradskills send me a tell
    Agurazor [220|20] Enforcer [ Setup ] - Nanomage Enforcres r hawt!

Whant to join Ragnarok? Ragnarok Recruitment
    The only member of the Ragnerok voicepack team still playing!
    Download the Ragnarok Voicepack Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Spleenman
    Word, she's right. Marry me Augustino!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerisy
    too bad the pool cap is 200m (i played a nt a year ++ ago =p)
    Slip of a finger there, was supposed to be 150m

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast