Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diary of a bored twinker - nanomage engi @215

Diary of a bored twinker - nanomage engi @215

OK, so this time the main reason I am doing this is pure boredom. I am not looking forward to the grind of 215-220, so I stopped leveling at 215 to see what I can twink on as a nanomage engi at this level. What I would like to achieve:

1. As high symbs as possible, all of Excited (ql250) ones if possible.
    2. Major upgrade to imps, if possible, ql300 ones.
    3. Some pande loot waiting to be equiped (1000 req).
    4. As many pieces of ql300 CC as possible (1000 agi/str req).

So instead of doing it all and then documenting it, I thought I'll make this into some kind of diary, with what I did and how. I don't expect anyone to really benefit much from this, but it might give someone some ideas, and I might get some ideas in return.

So to start, I equipped the Excited (ql250) L-Arm and Feet, both requiring 1063 int/pst/sen and 1724 treat. Here is the setup, and as you can see I only had to reset 7 perks for it (5 DNA and 2 First Aid). I had ES, FG, NS, SFA, Treat expertise, Comp attributes, and TT on me, and I also had the HQ bonus, and used the Surgery clinic. The end result was 1069 int, 1072 sen, 1064 psy and 1736 treat, so you can use much less stuff.

As a hint for the future, other than the Excited Thigh, I have the plans ready for all the Excited symbs, so stay tuned (or not).
    Last edited by muha; May 16th, 2006 at 18:47:58.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

MY HERO! A shining example of NM intelligence. Other twink jobs where interesting as well.
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

You're so silly muha
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

run around in circles in OA and spam the shopping channel "Engineer for Hire"
    Arrone:Engineer Level 220/16 (RK1)

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -Start everyday with a smile and get it over with...
    -Kill anything that moves...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

Step 2

Thanks for all the compliments.
    Unlike the first step, which might have had SOME benefit, the second step was absolutly useless - I equipped the Excited (ql250) L-Hand requiring 1063 int/pst/sta and 1724 treat.
    I used this setup, and it took 3 more perk resets. (7 DNA and 3 First Aid in total). I had ES, FG, NS, SFA, IC, behe, Treat expertise, Comp attributes, and TT on me, and I also had the HQ bonus, and used the Surgery clinic. The end result was 1066 int, 1065 sta, 1063 psy and 1746 treat. I had to use a Red Maar belt to do this with as little perk resets, and also a pair of HSRs. Luckily my weapons are equipable with as simple 30 wrangle so this was no problem.
    The next step is the R-Hand, which is usefull again. Stay tuned (or not).
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Diary of a bored 220 solitus: I don't even know what QL I have in my left hand its so effing useless, but I got a 270 brain in ;P

The next symb in line is surely usefull: Exited R-hand with reqs of 1063 int/psy/str and 1724 treat. I needed 7 more perks for it, but only one in freak strength. Here is the setup, and buffs I had on me were ES, FG, NS, SFA, behe, Prod str, Comp attributes, and TT, and I also had the HQ bonus, and used the Surgery clinic and an extruder bar. End result was 1064 str, 1075 int and 1065 psy.

Now for the next one, the brain, I'm quite reluctant. I can do it if I get 18 more perk resets which will seriously gimp me (so far nothing but some damage was lost) and I'll still need some pande loot. There are things even the mad twinker wont do... I wonder if this is one of them

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    Now for the next one, the brain, I'm quite reluctant. I can do it if I get 18 more perk resets which will seriously gimp me (so far nothing but some damage was lost) and I'll still need some pande loot. There are things even the mad twinker wont do... I wonder if this is one of them
    i bet 1 cr that you do it, mad or not
    219/20 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Andretta
    i bet 1 cr that you do it, mad or not
    Well, I just did the first of those 18 resets, so I think you are going to win 1 cred

I really see it as a consequence of utter boredom, but still, very nice achievement there, muha.

Killing boredom with an even more insanely boring activity doesn't make any sense to me, but grats anyways
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

People kill boredom by raiding with zergbots. Some things are not meant to be understood I guess...
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.

They dont do it to kill boredom, they do it because they need more buffing items
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Actually, zergbots kill WITH boredom.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

sitting in OA and waiting for spam ^^

Basically :P getting boored at level 215 is weak :P
    Getting boored at 218 is understandable, as you are over half the way to 220 in SK, and you got the ubar 7 blockers

And well yeah alittle note to twinking, raid and get burden, hadrulf and stuff
    Last edited by Geekwave; May 29th, 2006 at 23:58:02.
    Main:
    Geekwave lvl (220/22) Supreme Creator Equipment | Geekalina lvl (220/14) Supreme Creator Equipment | Geeka lvl (74/2) Engineer
    Member of Ragnarok

- Creator of everything just /tell Geekwave
    Been doing cutting-edge tradeskills for over 4 years and arguably one of Rubi-Ka 1's finest and fastest Tradeskillers.
    Tradeskills: 2764 Mech Engi, 2602 QFT, 2426 Pharma Tech, 2466 Chemistry, 2578 Elec Engi, 2684 Weapon Smith, 2700 Nano Prog, 2160 Psychology

RIP Mafia1337. You were to young to be knockin' on heavens door.

I'm so good at getting bored I can do it at 215, and still do it at 218 again.

Zergbots are boring usually, but once in a while, when few people show up, or when most die, you get a fun raid. And all this twinking wouldn't have been possible without the loot from these bots.

All this caused me to almost miss once symb - the Excited Chest. This can be equiped with only 5 or so of the 18 perks for the brain, so it should be here any day now. Stay tuned
    Last edited by muha; May 30th, 2006 at 07:48:53.

While doing perk resets for the brain and chest symbs I realized I can probably equip some ql300 CC on the way, requiring 1000 agi/str. Turns out I can I started with the best Gannondorf's Combined Commando's Headwear
    I used this setup, and all it took was 2 more freak strength and 3 nanobreed secondary perks. I also had behe, prod str, FG and comp abilities, I used an Extruder bar, and the org HQ helped. The end result was 1002 str and 1000 agi.
    While I was at it I equipped Quick-Draw Holster of Aries which only reqs 1000 agi which I already had with this setup.
    When done, I could still put back my ql300 pistol, though many of the pistol perks are now reset. I wonder how long I will be able to do that.
    I still don't have inf ring from apf, so I cannot twink my ql300 boots yet. I will go for the legs next, but the chest symb comes first.
    Stay tuned

So, you're going pure DD over doing tradeskills? I went for the middle ground going to be putting ql 250 CC on tech I can self it and not much less damage then 300.

You can still be a good tradeskiller even if you miss those 30 points from having the 300 CC helm in
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast