Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    You need to talk to the "handler" that gave you the original mission.
    Targeting, double clicking and right clicking these handlers yield:
    Agency Handler: I can't help you.
    Junior Agency Handler: I can't help you.
    In the vicinity chat.

The receptionist bot does nothing either. Alltho' i can at least open conversation with it.

There is no mission key/ quest item to click at them with so i am kinda stumped here.

It would suck to log on tomorrow and still not get an update.

Additionaly: the amount of "I can't help you"'s one sees in a few minutes suggests that the Handlers most likely should open a chat window and tell players that they need to sign the agreement before being able to pull missions. There is no need to make things more obscure than they allready are.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Error on description:

Charged Nano Critter (Temporary Charm Enigma Dog)

Target:
    Must be a Unsupported NPCFamily 1007

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I turned in an inferno doja chip today. When I was on test.. I found them on outdoor mobs in every area except ely/nascence (I didn't look tbh). They have level locks on them as well.

I hadn't found any in the instances but i haven't done Alb/Alappa/Dark Ruins on Test or Live and I assume that's where they drop. (They were already dropping from Dark Ruin team instance).
    found pande one in pande

Got the train rollerrats mission on a lowbie. There is no counter so how are you supposed to know when you hit 100? The exterminator stops working, but I only discovered that when it failed to kill any more of the rollerrats, which meant a sizeable train was left on my tail while I was trying to talk to the woman to say I've done 100 rollerrats. And then the conversation window spontaneously closed itself, leaving me with no options besides die or flee. I zoned out to heal up and found that I could not get back into the mission despite the mission information in the mission window not having updated and the mission waypoint still pointed at the SI entrance.

So the mission did not complete and I didn't get anything at all. Would like a kill counter added please, and also the mission waypoint actually letting you into the mission if it's still in your missino window

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

So, where's the broker location in Borealis? I hate the place more than Tir.

Also, what's all this DOJA chip talk? Do you get a mission for them? Where do you turn them in? Huh?

Finally, I thought neuts were supposed to pull a daily each day from both omni and clan agencies? Doesn't seem to work at least for me, or then I misunderstood something.

Lots of questions but few answers.
    Last edited by eroz_c; May 4th, 2010 at 21:21:45.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Oh, one more thing...

I just went to Smuggler's Den on my TL4 toon. Took me 10 seconds to get invited to a team and start killing stuff. We did fine until the loot controllers, then someone trained a bit and blammo. Man, that was a ton of fun.

Good job FC in making "obsolete" areas fun for people in their intended level.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

You should have seen Totw, got trained by so many cultists and legionairs i was flat amazed, briefly.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I got this mission:

Extraction

Rumor says some leaders of the clan factions would rather terminate a valuable clan member than pass on valuable information to the company. These people are living like prisoners. Your job is to extract a clan member and offer Omni-Tek citizenship. Expect high security.

I was also given an omni-tek application form. The mission sent me to Bliss. In the building, all there is are clan bodyguards, no one I can give the form to or use it on. There are a few exits that take me out of the building, and also one that reloads me to the same spot, and says "Area change not initiated on server. You may retreat or try crossing again."

Seems to be bugged, or I am just missing something. has anyone else done this mission?

Edit: Also, its seems when I exit the building, and go back, the mobs respawn. They give pretty good XP for their level and are really easy to kill... seems like this could be exploited.

Edit 2: I found the mob I was supposed to talk to. I either missed it, or it didnt spawn first. However, there is still a door in there that gives the the "area change" bug.
    Last edited by TheDirtyHam; May 4th, 2010 at 23:00:23. Reason: more info

I did my first mission on a 147 trader, was sent to Smuggler's Den to check the contents of some supply crates. Was a long run and took a while to mezz my way through a million mantises but it went off without a hitch, and I got a whole level of XP out of it. My next was on a 173 MP, I had to go plant a bomb on an alien station. This too was fast and easy, and earned a whole level of XP (plus some AXP). The next was on a 18 enforcer, I pulled a mission out in Bliss to spy on some omni med personnel. This turned out to be very frustrating, it took me four tries to figure out that you had to sit in a very specific spot (I had not bothered to notice in the previous attempts that the 'good place to hide' nano was disappearing when I moved too far away from the spot). All in all, it was definitely fun. I look forward to doing more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So, where's the broker location in Borealis? I hate the place more than Tir.

Also, what's all this DOJA chip talk? Do you get a mission for them? Where do you turn them in? Huh?

Finally, I thought neuts were supposed to pull a daily each day from both omni and clan agencies? Doesn't seem to work at least for me, or then I misunderstood something.

Lots of questions but few answers.
    DOJA chips were introduced with Dark Ruins. It's a "chip" that drops off mobs at random. Since this patch it also drops on mobs outside, apparently as early as Adonis, but who knows it may be in all SL zones. It has a blue computer chip looking icon. It has a description that tells you to rightclick it. If you do, it'll say "zap" above your head in blue, and you'll get a mission to turn it in. The mission points you to a location in Jobe Research, easiest to reach if you zone to Frontier Bridge in Nascence and run over the bridge and zone. Then head ... east, I figure, you'll have a mission marker. It's to the left once you've zoned from bridge anyway.
    Down by your mission marker you'll see a building with something written over the door, office 7 or something like that, enter that. Inside will be 2 NPCs, one with blue name, talk to her and you should be able to say "I found a DOJA chip". Hand it over and you get a XP reward like the ones from daily missions.
    As with daily missions, you can only hand in one DOJA chip every 18 hours.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 4th, 2010 at 23:33:20.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    With regards to the daily mish for VPs that requires you to enter the Battlestation, I realize that these have not been running at all levels before, but are they still not running today? I mean, if everyone is pulling these missions, is it still not driving people to BS? I'm sure that was FCs intention with structuring the mission in this way. We have been complaining for ages that BSs don't run at all but two levels regularly, and so they are obviously trying to get people into BS. Is it really not working? If so, epic phail.
    Like I said to another guy that said the same thing, can't, stop, laughing.

This is now the fourth time they added VP to BSs and if tokens are in this mission too the second or in a way third for those (they reduced the VP cost of tokens). In addition they added IPRs for VP and other items for VP. Notice how most BSs still never ran no matter how much they added? So why oh why would anyone even suggest that this time would be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Oh, one more thing...

I just went to Smuggler's Den on my TL4 toon. Took me 10 seconds to get invited to a team and start killing stuff. We did fine until the loot controllers, then someone trained a bit and blammo. Man, that was a ton of fun.

Good job FC in making "obsolete" areas fun for people in their intended level.
    Today yes. Everyone and their dog are running around trying this stuff. The real test will be what it's like in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    With regards to the daily mish for VPs that requires you to enter the Battlestation, I realize that these have not been running at all levels before, but are they still not running today? I mean, if everyone is pulling these missions, is it still not driving people to BS? I'm sure that was FCs intention with structuring the mission in this way. We have been complaining for ages that BSs don't run at all but two levels regularly, and so they are obviously trying to get people into BS. Is it really not working? If so, epic phail.
    I believe that was funcom's intention. This is another example of FC really trying to help out, and it seems like it's not working. Maybe people will get the message and start organizing more for battlestation. We'll just have to see. This is another of those times where the community needs to step it up a bit and take some initiative, I think.

Overall, I think I'm happy with the missions. Some are a bit flawed..but some are actually taking advantage of places that are dead, like smuggler's den.
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

150s that are close to leveling should avoid the daily xp mish, after finishing the Smugglers Den quest, only 1.6m of 5.6m xp went to research, the rest of it spilled over into reg xp. I realize this is normal behavior for XP, but it would have been a rude surprise to lose S10 over a daily mish.
    Veldt :: [217/28/56] :: Omni Sol :: Soldr :: Current Project
    Staba :: [207/20/43] :: Omni Opi :: Shade :: Current Ado/Pen Dweller
    Easyd :: [150/20/36] :: Omni Opi :: Fixer :: S10 Dweller
    Leade :: [134/04/22] :: Omni Sol :: NanoT :: (Inactive)
    Crata :: [054/02/00] :: Omni Opi :: Bcrat :: Future Project

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    Ok, I used a lvl 47 toon to try these daily missions ...

One mission is to kill in sequence 3 acolytes, 3 faithfulls, etc thru to exarch ... only trouble is everyone my size has same mission I think, so I am waiting for first acolyte to respawn ....

Not very efficient, do I need 100 man team to get credit for kills?

Second mission is to collect Red berry wine, unique item in ToTW, worth:
    Received reward: 2730 XP, 25000 credits.
    You received 2779 xp.
    49 xp was gained as a side bonus!

Third mission is pvp mission to join battlestation fight ... Wrong! battlestation is not running ... at least this lvl it sometimes runs. What about my pvp missions for after I level past 49???? Do I have to wait until 150+ for next pvp mission? I thought these Daily missions were a solo effort for those of us that aren't on so much?

Still no Acolyte ....

Colrain

edit: So to do this mission I have to wait at an Acolyte spawn spot until 3 have spawned otherwise all I find are dead ones. This makes no sense, no one does ToTW killing one kind of mob at a time ... I kill one Acolyte then some cultists then a Faithful, etc. To do this mission would have to spend the whole day in Temple ...

This mission should have you killing these Temple mobs in ANY sequence!!! Not just 3 of first then 3 of second, this is crazy! 30 minutes and I have found ONE Acolyte to kill ... NOT WORKING!

2nd edit: Ok 45 minutes to find 3 Acolytes to kill, first group of 5 mob types to kill ... so 5 hours to a Daily mission that was supposed to get done in an hour or so for Nice xp? This is not working for me at all!!!

This mission needs fixing in a big way! Time for me to abandon this one!

Colrain
    Well I did a totally different daily mission with another toon, lvl 55 slow running keeper. Figured I would give it a chance.

I got a mission to check out a guy at the very end of the Longest road. This mission required running to get stuff for the guy, but pretty easy ... slow because toon was slow. Mission reward was cap to her lvl 2 research and basically a full level of xp. Pretty nice so I went back to the mission above and finished it.

The TotW mission took 3 hours of play-time ( an hour plus this morning and another 2 this afternoon), but again had a full level for reward ... no research, but she had hers all finished. I still think the ToTW mission should let you kill the 15 assorted mobs in any sequence, but maybe that is impossible to program ...

The Red Berry Wine mission must be a quest I had never heard of before, because it let me do it over and over ... how ever many times a person wants to run back to Newland with a bottle of wine for 25k of credits.

Colrain

Daily mission fail

Sent my Froob 144 Enfo to pull daily mission which was to get deep into Smugglers Den and scan some supplies. FAIL. One of the few places on the planet that does not have nearby grid or whompa access, minimum 10 minutes travel time to dungeon entrance.

This enfo has been to Smugglers before and knew up front this was unrealistic solo at level 144. Maybe some other professions can mezz or sneak thier way in at that level, but not Enfos. He got as far as about the 3rd passageway where a pair of 200 level mantices showed him the way back to reclaim. Definitely NOT solo-able by a 144 non-twink froob Enfo. Quite a let down. :-(
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Just pulled the one Wrangeline mentioned. Tagged all the bosses (killed the alien tower for the one to spawn) as I was lucky enough to have them all up.

Just received a couple of mission tokens for reward.

Any idea what gives VP?

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    You need to talk to the "handler" that gave you the original mission.

Im lvl 95 crat. Got a mission to kill stuff in Crypt of Home.

1. Need 2 people to open the very first door.
    2. After getting help and completing the mission, it updates and wants me to kill the end boss. Well can't do that.
    3. Deleted mission- updates to talk to Agency Rep.
    4. Try to talk to them- Sorry, i cant help you.

Daily missions should not lead you to dungeons where a team is needed. Else its not a solo mission.
    Last edited by kyrton; May 5th, 2010 at 03:12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Just pulled the one Wrangeline mentioned. Tagged all the bosses (killed the alien tower for the one to spawn) as I was lucky enough to have them all up.

Just received a couple of mission tokens for reward.

Any idea what gives VP?
    the battlestation, not kidding.

Theres a antiques shop in borealis, close to whompas, you get a vp mission to win the battlestation from a guy behind the curtain

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast