Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: --- Make /assist work on yourself---

--- Make /assist work on yourself---

I am an MA and often time and sole healer in a team, in which i use /assist a lot to directly heal the person being attacked.

Works like:
    ==================================

Fighting /Targeted RM Enf.
    /assist -- Switch to teammate #1.
    Heal.
    /assist - Switch back to RM enf (assuming TM#1 is attacking him)

(8 sec recharge on heal)

/assist - Goes to me now since the RM is attacking me.
    Heal.
    /assist -- Can't assist yourself..

===================================

Now the problem is with multiple mobs/temaing with neuts. I have to waste time tabbing around to the current target so I send the next heal to whoever the target is attacking.

If /assist worked on myself, it would be great....less confusion.

Of course you can't assist yourself, it makes no sense from a language standpoint, but this point of contention is outweighed by an increase in usefulness.

Of course, if there is some other way to target the opponent i am currently fighitng, please let meh know (not TAB key of course)
    --- Make /assist work on yourself ---

/target <name> command please FC

In summary, I beleive that we can say that not only is Mongo not a heal, neither are MA heals.

Use /assist, Heal, F1 if you are the one aggro

*bump* for the /assist on self thou.

ViolaX.
    Jack Violax Burton - Atrox Ma 218/17 - General of Coven of Hunters
    Leveling Eq - Tanking Eq

Don't forget meh

In summary, I beleive that we can say that not only is Mongo not a heal, neither are MA heals.

Hi.

This would be a nice feature, its much faster than having to look at the team menu or tab and then /assist to figure out who has aggro and needs healing.

bump ^^

Re: --- Make /assist work on yourself---

Originally posted by Tetz

Of course, if there is some other way to target the opponent i am currently fighitng, please let meh know (not TAB key of course)
    There is a script feature - %f - which identifies the target you are currently fighting and posts it in chat. I have not tried using it to replace the /assist command. Mebbe we can try it in a macro to see what happens.

I do understand your plight. Playing MP in the temple and trying to get my heal pet on the right person...whew...what a workout?!

Foxy has made something that uses the tip system to send tells to people when you buff them...maybe it could work with this somehow (i have no clue lol), but 1 reason why %f wouldn't work:

-If there are more than one mob present with the same name...which do you pick?

The fix for this seems simple..just remove the code where it checks that you yourself are not the target.. (note, I've no clue how the code works, but it seems like its doing extra work to make sure you aren't assisting yourself)..

what would i give for /assist work on myself at raids OMG.

GOOD IDEA =)

This thread shouldn't be on page 4. This would be so useful.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Bump, would be useful =)

useful
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

This would be a very nice feature, at raids i am often using /assist to heal the person curently gettin pounded by Ian or what not... then a funny thing happens, i pull agro for my 10001 healing. The second i have agro After franticly healing myself, i still have the obligation to get back to healing the tank. Oh of course this would be a nice feature cause then i could double hit assist and be back on the tank.. in stead of tabbin around to find the mob and assist him, or trying to manually find the tank..... this isnt a easy task when there are 80 people at a raid.

bump for tetz
    White "Healenough" Mage - Rimor's Coppola (208 NM Doctor)
    -Member of Inner Circle-

Thumbs up

going UP-BUMP!
    Leeken (on RK1) armor and Equipment.

Applicant of Chaotic Order *AP*.

Local Time (GMT+3)

More on /assist, for MP pets

If any changes are ever made to the assist system then I'd like to suggest one more modification.

Currently an MP uses /assist off her dmg pet to check on the mob's health, then /assist again to get back to the dmg pet. This is all very well and good except when the mob attacks the heal pet that is healing the dmg pet, because then /assist off the mob ends up on the heal pet and goes no further because the heal pet does not have a fighting target.

What I'd like to suggest is that the MP heal pet be assigned her heal target as the assist target. Then the solo MP can use her /assist key to rotate through all the participants in the fight without getting stuck. To complement this, /pet report should indicate the heal target too. (All of this applies to the mezz pet as well, by the way.)

Post 15.0 we actually have a way out of the problem using the new pet window, although that's a bit of a liability in a fighting situation where every inch of screen real estate is important. A slight enhancement to /assist for MP pets would be very useful.
    Whoever designed the Jobe luxury apartments, could I hire you please? :-)

Better yet..in general terms:

Make /assist work on the target of the targeted char/mob's main function.

So you /assist on the doctor/heal pet to target whomever is being healed atm (maybe only while the heal nano is being cast?)....if the doc wasn't healing, you would go to their fighting target...

mezz pet...target what ever is being mezz (is mezz pet treated as attack pet?)

Assist on anyone else use go to their fighting target, or if they are a healer, would go to the target that the heal nano is currently being executed on.

useful?

Biiig bump. No one's even mentioned the best use for this, tower wars! You've got 30-40 tabbable targets, most likely the person you are attacking is out of your view range even if you could afford to look up from your feet ^_^ Plus with lag it takes a while for Q/un-Q to take effect so frequently' you're not actually attacking who you THINK you're attacking. This would be a godsend at tower wars.

Would also be cool to be able to do eg "/assist High Commander Fredrickson" and have it work, but I understand the difficulties involved in that.
    Sarenn 209 / 9 Fixer - Armor Setup omg outdated

There is no good reason why /assist does not work on yourself. This really needs to be fixed.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

so....er..... if I think this is a good idea, and want something to be done about it.... should I post a bump here then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast