Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Preliminary Patch Notes (April fools!!)

Updated Preliminary Patch Notes (April fools!!)

With 15.9 now being on our internal QA servers this week as mentioned in the community update earlier in the week, here are some of the additional tweaks and fixes being impleneted in 15.9 (please note these are additional to the teaser notes already released). These are the changes that have been tested and confirmed internally but as always are still preliminary and may or may not make the live patch once they have been tested on Test Live

Preliminary Patch Notes 15.9

- We have re-evaluated the bonuses given by the acrobat perk line

- Casting times on all NT cyberdeck nukes has been marginally increased

- Alien pistols and machine pistols have been made right hand only

- The effect of Soldiers reflect shields has been doubled in PvP

- The Nano Resist bonus on Hold Hell at Bay has been increased to 800

- Hecklers will no longer give any faction amends to neutral players

- The Shadowlands access quests to get access to each subsequent zone have been made compulsory again.

- As a fix to the reload issue the full auto attack has been removed from all pistols

- Shades were never intended to wear neck or head items, all neck slot and head slot items are now no longer be useable by shades

- Fixed an issue whereby some Pandemonium bosses (the Night Heart, the Beast etc) were only doing 50% of their intended damage output.

- Nano Technicians will get access to a new 100% damage reduction nano that lasts for five minutes at Alien Level 30

- The composite versions of masteries, infuses and mochams will be now be adventurer nanos rather then MPs to help offset some of the weaknesses in that professions. MPs have been given access to the adventurer ‘spirittech’ summon line to compensate for this change

- To balance the number of players on each side the Clans will now be given a 10% innate exp bonus to incentivise players to choose the Clan side

- High level bureaucrats will get access to a new ‘morph’ nano line that allows them to change into a static totem for double the exp bonus on all their exp boosting lines.

- The self debuff on Traders drains and wrangles will now last for thirty minutes

- We have replaced the graphic for the opifex shoulder pad to that of standard tank armor to solve the issue with displaced shoulder pads

- We have removed the blue tint on the Perennium weaponry in line with player requests, the new model will have a luminous pink glow
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    - Casting times on all NT cyberdeck nukes has been marginally increased
    - The Nano Resist bonus on Hold Hell at Bay has been increased to 800
    Bahahahahahaha

With 15.9 now being on our internal QA servers this week as mentioned in the community update earlier in the week, here are some of the additional tweaks and fixes being impleneted in 15.9 (please note these are additional to the teaser notes already released). These are the changes that have been tested and confirmed internally but as always are still preliminary and may or may not make the live patch once they have been tested on Test Live

- To balance the number of players on each side the Clans will now be given a 10% innate exp bonus to incentivise players to choose the Clan side

- The self debuff on Traders drains and wrangles will now last for thirty minutes
    The Clans already have a 10% innate XP bonus on RK2!

And the debuff on Traders from wrangles is already 30 minutes because, once we cast ONE wrangle, a line forms that doesn't end for half an hour anyway!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

- The composite versions of masteries, infuses and mochams will be now be adventurer nanos rather then MPs to help offset some of the weaknesses in that professions. MPs have been given access to the adventurer ‘spirittech’ summon line to compensate for this change

- High level bureaucrats will get access to a new ‘morph’ nano line that allows them to change into a static totem for double the exp bonus on all their exp boosting lines.

- We have removed the blue tint on the Perennium weaponry in line with player requests, the new model will have a luminous pink glow
    The three best 'changes'
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Muahhhaha *hack* *sputter*....

Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

/me reads the post, looks at the calendar, and walks away chuckling...
    /me targets self
    /me casts something
    DOH! Nuked instead of layers... grr.

so many good ones.. don't know where to start commenting
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

- The Shadowlands access quests to get access to each subsequent zone have been made compulsory again.

- As a fix to the reload issue the full auto attack has been removed from all pistols

- Nano Technicians will get access to a new 100% damage reduction nano that lasts for five minutes at Alien Level 30
    Priceless
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

The bad thing is that I want half of those "fixes" ^^
    RK 1 - NuqneH 220 Soldier
    RK 1 - Roddan 220 Doc
    RK 1 - Eduwan 190 NT
    Proud Member of Ragnarok

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into yoursignature to help me spread.

LOL omg ! This is like the most I've ever ever laughed at something posted on a forum!!! Good thing I am at home reading this
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

- We have re-evaluated the bonuses given by the acrobat perk line

- Alien pistols and machine pistols have been made right hand only

- The effect of Soldiers reflect shields has been doubled in PvP
    ..... cut ......
    those first 2 here realy scared me for a moment ...
    reading on i nearly wet myself ...

good one

ROFL 1 April
    :-(

Mmmmmmm, Pink

- We have replaced the graphic for the opifex shoulder pad to that of standard tank armor to solve the issue with displaced shoulder pads
    Considering the way in which the GA mesh problems with head items were "fixed", I'm not so sure if I should laugh about these ones or just be very very scared

Only miss the god mode for docs now and it would have been the win

*taking away the tears* this was just to funny
    Last edited by Juliara; Apr 1st, 2005 at 13:26:06.

for just a second i was about to book a ticket too FCs headquarter ...

but ... nvm :P
    Kirus666 - 220 Atrox shade <-- the gimp
    Kirusar - 208 Enf <- Gimp with Bellum at 170

Quote Originally Posted by gifti
    those first 2 here realy scared me for a moment ...
    reading on i nearly wet myself ...

good one

Same here, not only the 2 first...
    Here in my country 1 of April doesnt mean absolutly nothing, so that was pretty scary until i noticed that couldnt be serious

1 of April is some kind of joke day?

God almost closed my account halfway though that.

Man i just just woke up and my brain is not working yet. should have put a sign up next to the computer saying today was April 1st. Good joke after i remembered the date :P
    To be or not to be that is the question.
    - Shakespeare
    Forget the question I need the answer!
    - Me
    Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%

*shakefist* Engy's need self mochies!! 2x effective as meta's!!!

j/k
    Dumble

LOL

they should have added

--NTs, Traders and Fixers have have new wepons, armor and nanos that make them the new uber class
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

I see this as a desperate ploy to get Byrn back from EQ2...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast