Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veteran Points

Well i would agree if not for the points on my main, primary account.
    It says i'm supposed to have 21 i have 21, but let me account drop back in 2003 for a couple months(ok 4). Odd that it doesn't show.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Shtupid Question time :-D

Say I have 10 vertan points available and on character I use 7 perk points, and I go ahead and re-roll that charater, when the character is re-rolled do I get the 10 perk points back or am I left with the 3 remaining?
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Since it would be a new character it will have all of the Veteran Points that your account has earned. So for the example that you gave you would have 10 points.

Uh, I've been a AO member since 2002 (off and on) but all I have is 1 veteran point. Looking at my history I've payed for about 10-11 months of gameplay. So I guess I'm a victim of this bug too?
    If there was a problem, yo I'll solve it. Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Durst
    Uh, I've been a AO member since 2002 (off and on) but all I have is 1 veteran point. Looking at my history I've payed for about 10-11 months of gameplay. So I guess I'm a victim of this bug too?
    Paying for 10-11 months would give you 6 months that count and 5 months towards your next set of points

So the 6 months that count give you 1 point

When you reach 12 months you'll get an additional 2 points (3 in total)
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

-----EDIT-----
    I Went back and checked and found the issue with my points, i wasnt including this current month in my 24 total...BUT funcom snuck in a reversal of charges on one month where they double charged me, and it managed to sneak thru my count. once that is removed from the tally i am 3 days from next pts and FCs award was correct after all! My bad. And thanx nophex for such a quick reply, makes me feel like an important customer :-)

and btw..lucien might consider trying to update the calculator to base it on the number of payments on your monthly page rather than a Date as that might eliminate many inaccuracies. like "payments Made: 24, Vetran Points due: you are due 6 points, and another 4 will be due at end of current billing cycle" or sumthing. The current calculator is VERY misleading. Thanks again for the prompt reply!
    Last edited by Majorhavok; Jun 24th, 2005 at 14:38:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorhavok
    I have been a Member of AO since 2/1/2003. I have 24 1 month payments listed on my account page. I counted and re-counted them. This does NOT include the 1 month free for the download offer when i originally bought the game. I do not pay in advance. The calculator said i should have 10 points and am only 38 days from 15. I recieved only 6 points. In order for that to happen i would have needed to have been docked more than 5 MONTHS of played, payed time. I know that neither, in total nor in part have i ever been away from AO for 5 months, as the fact that i have 24 total 1 month payments indicates. I fail to see how those numbers add up. 24 monthly payments = 24 played months = 10 points. Regardless of breaks i may have taken ect the acct page shows i have been billed for and payed 24 monthly payments since i started, and that means i have either been overbilled or not given enuff VP one or the other. Speaking of that Let me comment on something. Breaks are not included on your billing page. If you take a break and dont pay it wont show up as billed, because it wasnt. and even if u werent activly playing AO at some point but had a say 6 or 12 month installment plan (which i did not) I assume that as long as the acct was payed it still counts as time for VP, as long as it wasnt advance payment on time that hasnt elapsed yet. ( i have not yet been able to find clarification on this as yet so it could be incorrect). That being the case, and nothing saying "consecutive" months played has been posted. If you, like me, were billed for 24 months you should have 10 points not 6. I have run into several people for whom the acct page totals and calculator agree but the VP awarded do not reflect it.
    If you have been billed for 24 months you are currently in the 24th month. Once that period has elapsed you will get credit for your 24th month. Remember that it is the time you have played and paid.

Unhappy

:Pi got bad memory how do i check my vps?

Don't have right points

When I go to my account page and check billing information, it shows I have paid for exactly 6 months of AO, yet I did not get any veteran points. How do I go about getting my 1 point? Not that it is a big deal but I figure I should get it.

I think the month has to actually pass before you get points. I'm on my 36th paid month (yay for breaks) and I got 15 points instead of 21. I'm guessing after this month passes, I'll get 6 more.
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

When will points be updated ?

have played for 18 months on friday 24 june, was billed for month #19 same date, still only have 3 points.

You have been a member of Anarchy Online for 48 months and 3 days.

We estimate that you should have 36 points!

In 177 days you will have an additional 9 points.
    Check Your Veteran Points!

I only have 28. Checked my payments, 49 payments have gone through. Will there be an update?
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

I was just wondering about something. My account was created on release day june 27, 2001. When I go to the billing transactions it only shows my billing transactions starting November of 2001. I recall that in the beginning, the website didn't have that spiffy transaction history peice. Can you tell me if the months prior to November 2001 are counted if they don't show in transaction history?

You have been a member of Anarchy Online for 6 months and 179 days.

We estimate that you should have 1 points!

In 1 days you will have an additional 2 points.

TEH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
    Drpepper roxx0r

Quote Originally Posted by Nothinman
    You have been a member of Anarchy Online for 48 months and 3 days.

We estimate that you should have 36 points!

In 177 days you will have an additional 9 points.
    Check Your Veteran Points!

I only have 28. Checked my payments, 49 payments have gone through. Will there be an update?
    I'm exactly the same as Nothin, only 28 points, opened account the very first day of live, haven't missed a month since.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

same situation as Nothinman and Wobble here

Same here I guess - account created 4th July 2001 only awarded 28 points - should be 36 - maybes I'll getthe extra at the end of this month

Got same prob as Nothin, Wobble, etc. Paid and played since 2001-06-29 22:14:06, only got 28 VP. Bleh.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchin
    Got same prob as Nothin, Wobble, etc. Paid and played since 2001-06-29 22:14:06, only got 28 VP. Bleh.
    WTB reply, is there anyone with 36 points? I dont think there are more then a handful of people who have registered an account before I did, but no points awarded. All payments sent.

dum de dum.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast