Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    An example I can give is this. I don't know many clan orgs that will willing go help someone do mercs to help them get a hnta or merc armor. Instead its more like everyone even those who don't need it can bid on the item. This is how orgs for the longest time have done things. Unless you are in a org that is new and have players who have not be heavily influenced by the mindsets of many of the high end player base then you will encounter this. If I ask nicely people will just say maybe some other time or I don't see why you can't just buy it or some other mundain response.

Also not all mmo's live by this system of camping etc. They do invovle building teams and making friends and having fun with people yet alot of the raid zones like apf, beast raids, etc were intended for large groups of people and unless you team up with orgmates its hard to really know anyone there when you are having to listen to the raid leader.

You can't just hang around and enjoy the scenery. The game has improved for the first 200 lvls of the game but once you hit shadow levels and start to need high end equipment you start to reach a nomans land.
    As someone else said... get a new Org.

This is what friends & guild m8'ts are for, helping eachother.

OK. After this patch, the economy on RK will finally be down the drain. Thank you very much.
    Can anyone tell me, as a post-ingot-nerf player, how to gather 200M+ alone for the SL nano crystals for ONE of my chars? Or how to gather 800M+ to buy a dragon armor or alien armor parts? Besides that, the AI city upkeep hasn't dropped with the last nerfs... so I've also got to make some creds to support my org. Did anyone ever think about players who don't want to have to farm loot for credits ALL the time they've got for playing? The harder it gets to collect money, the less time is left for casual playing after the monetary deeds are done.
    The high players who joined before the ingot nerf will still have their hundreds of millions in the bank, and the prices for the good and rare items won't drop a single percent. Or did anyone actually see prices drop after the last two nerfs? No.
    Well, I take my consequences from the patch, and will move my source of income from looting ingots to charging money for buffs and tradeskills. That seems to be what Funcom wants it to be...
    btw, you've just made the Shadowlands upgrade a lot less intersting for the froobs... perhaps you should think about your own economy a bit before destroying ours.
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Oct 4th, 2005 at 16:26:20.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill
    If you fart on a lift and then people leave, do you blame the lift??
    Depends if the lift refuses to tank Ian Warr!!!!11

Norrten nt:ai8, Omniphase fix:ai12, Vimes doc:ai11, Marriat sol:ai7.

I've seen old post pre-SL talking about money sinks and an inflated economy. So... I do wonder why ingots where even put in in the first place.

And when will the economy de-inflate? Well... SL's money sinks haven't worked, and AI's didn't either. Sorry to say, but I'm not holding out much hope for this change either.

(Just for context, my highest char is 100, and I haven't yet had more than 10mil on all my chars together... too many alts? Don't thinks so since I missioned for most of my gear except weapons.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet
    OK. After this patch, the economy on RK will finally be down the drain. Thank you very much.
    Can anyone tell me, as a post-ingot-nerf player, how to gather 200M+ alone for the SL nano crystals for ONE of my chars? Or how to gather 800M+ to buy a dragon armor or alien armor parts?
    The high players who joined before the ingot nerf will still have their hundreds of millions in the bank, and the prices for the good and rare items won't drop a single percent. Or did anyone actually see prices drop after the last two nerfs? No.
    Well, I take my consequences from the patch, and will move my source of income from looting ingots to charging money for buffs and tradeskills. That seems to be what Funcom wants it to be...
    btw, you've just made the Shadowlands upgrade a lot less intersting for the froobs... perhaps you should think about your own economy a bit before destroying ours.
    Charging for abilities your character has spent time and effort improving? Wow.... sounds strangely like what used to happen before ingots. And in fact what happens now if you require tradeskills to be anything more than 400.

Making money has never been 'easy' the idea isn't to make credits available to such an extent that people can powerlevel a toon to 220 and buy all their equipment just to say "Ok, I'm finished.".

I don't remember people having a problem before SL buying uber items... maybe there was a mysterious secret only the old-timers knew.... nope, my bad. They just put more effort into it.

Norrten nt:ai8, Omniphase fix:ai12, Vimes doc:ai11, Marriat sol:ai7.

wts colector items : Platinium ingot.

tanks, no more "infernal" price...... it's realy wonderfull

Or did anyone actually see prices drop after the last two nerfs?
    Yes, I did notice when the price of...well, EVERYTHING dropped drastically after the ingot nerf. (I posted some examples in post #92 of this thread)

And prices will drop yet again after this, no need to panic.

Supply and demand...no gettin around basic economics, just be happy that yalms don't require gasoline!
    Last edited by Vlain; Oct 4th, 2005 at 16:40:08.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

No matter what I say I am to blame. I nicely ask people don't help. I let people know how messed up things are for me and others people still don't care and are complacent. I just know that alot of times in game people use people too often and I for one am tired of being used. I like to help people but noone wants to be used as a mule either. The game doesn't make it very easy to have a friendly atmosphere.

Alot of times it causes players to be pitted amongst themselves. Its like giving one slice of pizza in a crowd of starving people. Most people I know want to play the game and they often have to choice to either progress in the game or go nowhere and socialize.

If AO was supposed to be just a chat program then they should just remove leveling or any game aspects of AO. There is a dead end towards the end of the game either you get everything or you don't and can't get the help or have the time required to go further so you get bored and either make an alt or just move on to something else.

woot for this change!

still to see:
    1) removal of hecklers from SL or slicing their xp/sk even more
    2) removal or xp/sk pool or nerfing it by some factor
    3) more IPR at shadowlevels
    216/04 Reddherring -- Rookie Fixer
    220/21 Uranus -- Rookie Soldier

[Tiger Claw] Woolgatherer: eskimos are hot

I think this is a very good initiative that should have been made ages ago. Better late than never I guess.

I hope however, that the deisgners will realise that they will have to make small adjustments to the games economy still because of this. Such as lowering city costs by at least 10%, too not hurt small or mediumsized orgs too much, that don't have as much time to put into moneygathering.

Oh, and open up the possibility for froobs and non-AI owners to purchase from AI markets.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Can anyone tell me, as a post-ingot-nerf player, how to gather 200M+ alone for the SL nano crystals for ONE of my chars? Or how to gather 800M+ to buy a dragon armor or alien armor parts? Besides that, the AI city upkeep hasn't dropped with the last nerfs... so I've also got to make some creds to support my org. Did anyone ever think about players who don't want to have to farm loot for credits ALL the time they've got for playing? The harder it gets to collect money, the less time is left for casual playing after the monetary deeds are done.
    The way it used to be done and the way I still do it is: Grab a friend, Roll a few missions - 4 or 5, (now I can roll team missions, that used to not work) and blitz them for credits. I can make about 6 to 8 mill doing this, I will guess it takes me about an hour maybe an hour and a half. It might not be as much as farming Ingots, but it works. I would rather do this than farm Ingots because if I wanted to kill all the mobs and loot everything I see I can make even more and take my time doing it, if I was in the mood to really farm some credits. You don’t need to do 200+ missions just 180 to say 195 that way things are not hard to kill. I have a friend of mine that does this on 150 to 160 missions and still does quite well about half what I make maybe a bit more. Everyone wants the uber gear, but that don’t mean you can’t play with out it. (edit: Typo' ~
    Last edited by gurtz; Oct 4th, 2005 at 16:44:18.

Sorry cyn but your attitude seems off.... jus because you have it hard and took time to tell people this, they are obliged to help you??

I have prob been in about 5 or 6 orgs in total sinc ei started playing AO and they have always been about helping each other. The few times i have seen the attitude of taking everyones goodwill and not repaying has only been from certain individuals and they have always been dealt with by a simple"your not for us" tell ad a kick.

Take t2 if i go with an org team i know that everyone who shares wills/advents wll take tunrs on looting.
    If we all go to IS for the same item i know people will stick around till everyone who wanted one gets it.
    If they dont gte it and everyone has to leave i know people will go back another time to get that person what thy need.

Ive really never had the problems you describe so i dont see how you can blame the Ao community.

Why do people think that they are supposed to be able to afford AI or Dchest right away? Most people spend years in game before thier charactar is wearing the "best" stuff available. Till then, guess what? You gotta work. You have to camp and farm and raid and team. If you can't handle that, leave.

If all you've learned in this game is how to kite and buy your equip, you've wasted your time. It's pretty obvious FC doesn't want kiters. They nerf the hell out of NTs, nerfed ingot values, and now are removing them completely. Kiters have been ruining Elysium and taking most of the hecklers for too long now. It's great that FC nerfed you all to hell and now took your ingots too.

Elysium, soon to be free of farmers and kiters, now belongs to the hecknoobs and rightfully so. Now maybe I can lvl my agent in peace.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Two ideas I've seen in this thread that stand out and may bear consideration;

1) make the ingots unique
    2) give all access to the player shops

may require further thought though.

/me goes away to think it through some more...

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Why do people think that they are supposed to be able to afford AI or Dchest right away? Most people spend years in game before thier charactar is wearing the "best" stuff available. Till then, guess what? You gotta work. You have to camp and farm and raid and team. If you can't handle that, leave.
    Amen!
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Moxx
    Two ideas I've seen in this thread that stand out and may bear consideration;

1) make the ingots unique
    2) give all access to the player shops

may require further thought though.

/me goes away to think it through some more...
    Fr00bs should not get what they don't pay for, nuff said.

Making ingots unique is interesting, but there would be no way to hold a team together, ie OMG I got a platty, brb gonna go sell it in case more drop. Teams are hard enough to keep together there unless you have a pocket tank with ya
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

I think I'm gonna go to Ely for a sightseeing trip now, to see the ebay farmers again before they become a bleak memory of the past. Aahh...the memories will be so warm and fuzzy, haha!

Thank you once more, FC. This is by far one of the best changes the game will get, I'm positive. In time, the economy will get better as well, and there will be more *playing* the game, learning about the two vast worlds RK and SL is.

Omg Holy Friking Hell!!!

TWO COMMENTS:

1) Awesome

2) Thanks for listening.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

dmn I just bought a 220 NT for farming!!!!
    Atlantean:
    Crimsor lvl 220/14 Nanomage Doc (clan) - Active
    Pung lvl 215/13 Atrox MP (clan) - Gone
    Badorde lvl 205/6 Atrox Adv - Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMac
    Also if you are melee you get the irony of being an axe wielding tree. What was Funcom thinking?

Hehe I can't believe some of the posts in this thread some people are really coming out of their dark little caves to post here

One of my favorites was the guy proclaiming that there wasn't a good setup for shade that didn't require alien armor and dragon chest and thus halfway throwing him out of the game with such blatant lies
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast