Thread: Which pistol combination?

Which pistol combination?

Recently returned to ao and thinking to go to pistols.

So, what's better for below lvl 214 toon?

Doctor's Right Hand of Hope + ql 199 Kyr'Ozch pistol (Fling Shot) or

ql 199 Kyr'Ozch pistol (Burst) + Doctor's Left Hand of Grace.

why not both? its doable at 214, maybe even lower with serious twinkage. But from your choices id use docs right hand and a alien pistol with fling. I have burst triple imped and its like 12 seconds self at 210.
    General of The Union

Votius .:.|220|30|70|Fixer
    Vostoff .:|20|25|70|Doctor
    Vachi .:.:|217|19|61|Keeper
    Vash .:.:.|220|21|62|Crat
    Socom .:.|180|05|??|Soldier
    Vithor .:.:|174|20|36|Enforcer
    ????? .:.: |150|15|36|MA
    Virucidal .|???|??|??|Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by atalanty View Post
    Recently returned to ao and thinking to go to pistols.

So, what's better for below lvl 214 toon?

Doctor's Right Hand of Hope + ql 199 Kyr'Ozch pistol (Fling Shot) or

ql 199 Kyr'Ozch pistol (Burst) + Doctor's Left Hand of Grace.
    Depends. If you want more damage, use the right hand. If you want more heal efficiency, use the left hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Type 4 requires 1550 burst to cap recharge at 8 seconds, while doctor's right hand only requires 1400 (but probably caps at 8.2 seconds). For any burst skill =< 1400, the doctor's right hand will have ~6 seconds faster burst recharge than the kyr'ozch. From a DD whoring point of view, you're probably better off with right hand + type 1, especially if your burst recharge is less than 3 times your fling recharge.

Now from a healmonkey (and DoT spamming) point of view, I expect 35 nanodelta and -3% cost (if you're not otherwise capped) will do you more good than 5% healing efficiency and 250 max nano. My reason for thinking this is that delta and cost helps sustained nano spamming, while 5% healing efficiency is often wasted when the people you heal have taken less damage than the size of your heal.

When it comes to sustained combat, nano regain will usually be better than max nano. Math: with 2s nano delta ticks, it takes 250 / 35 * 2 ~= 14.3, rounded up to 16 seconds for 35 nano delta to regain you 250 nano. This means that if you need more than 16 seconds to empty your pool, 35 nano delta allows you to chain heal/dot for a longer time than 250 max nano would.

All in all, right hand + type 1 looks like the winner to me.
    Hlep gnak!

Retired Doc Professional
    ql 300 imps, a geyeser, 300 supple, full perk, a tower, and the ado brain could probably land enough to get it on at 214. if not, i'd say level the 2 levels and put em on.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

you want lvl 216 anyways for the heal and DB
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!