Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MA engie setup

MA engie setup

Ok there are a few out there, I'm going MA on Ace started today. Things I can think of right off the top of my head. Combined Mercs armor <or cc but cm is cheaper> BoB, Ring of crawling ants <the Stam is nice> Pred circlet, Have a Engie helper back but may get a shroud for the +crit. and other than that I dont know. I odnt know if I should get energy or melee bracers. Melee would do my normal hits, but energy would buff the bob. I dont know what other Items to get for +crit. +15 scope natualy but not sure what else. Anyways give me some tips and ideas i'm listening.

I thought Ace was going to be a PvP engi?
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Globe of clarity, Aim of Libra, Aquarius Multitask calculator, Obi Tom's Nano calculator, Exterminator ocular enhancement, Steaming cup of hot coffee, Flurry of blows. If you get all those items and those you already mentioned, you will have a crit chance of 26% self, which is pretty decent imo.
    Until you can get the upgraded Combined mercs helmet a pred circlet will give you more dmg. Wearing two gocs would increase your crit, but Might of Revenant on one shoulder is better overall dmg. As far as Arul sabas are concerned, I'm using split bracers (One melee/One energy) when I wear only one BoB and Dual Energy bracers when I use two. In the dual bob case I also swap the Merc gloves for some Electrophoridae gloves.
    Dual bob is only good on stuff you hit min dmg (Inferno/Pande). On RK using more than one will lower your overall dmg output.
    Also note that once you go above 2k skill (Pure MA skill, not AR) the dmg template gets bugged and the dmg is actually lowered. It's not a real problem tho, cause at level 220 I'm at 1970 MA skill selfed. Unless you get towers or outside buffs I doubt you'll go above 2k.
    If you have more questions you can bug me on RK2. Just /tell Kacela.

yah red ace is going to do pvp, he's going to still have shotgun and as maxed, so in the middle of a fight I can as, drop it off and dimatch and brawl someone, and still give them a few good hits that they werent expecting.

Also what perks do you have Keyley

I have 10 perks in mechanic, 5 Kungfu master, 10 Shotgun mastery, 2 Genius, 3 Freak Strength, 10 Bio shielding.
    AI perks are 3 AI tech, 10 Light infantry, 9 Nano combat. The Genius and Freak Str perks are mainly to self my armor. I hate buff begging

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen
    yah red ace is going to do pvp, he's going to still have shotgun and as maxed, so in the middle of a fight I can as, drop it off and dimatch and brawl someone, and still give them a few good hits that they werent expecting.
    My feeling is that this is not a great move, and here's why:

1) Demolitions perks are more uber and more landable than any perks you can get for MA and dont require a grenade weapon equipped like MA perks require "while using fist." I personally will be hot-dropping my AS weapon for Harmonize Body and Mind, but not for MA specials/dd perks. I dont think you'd be able to kill an advie without the nano drain from demolitions for example, and the nano drain would be very helpful against MAs.

2) Brawl? Pshhh.

3) Melee specials may seem like a good idea, but as an engi in pvp your main enemies are regular damage (particularly from MAs) and perks (particularly from Shades). Because your major sources of death are Melee (not like agents/soldiers give us so much to fear) staying mobile and far away from your target. Are you really going to want to run up to dimach a shade/ma/enfo/keeper? I wouldnt, I would kite the sucker as much as possible.

Just my 2 cents. You probably know more about this than me though, I'm pretty much an engi noob.
    Last edited by Fabricate; Jun 5th, 2006 at 22:50:20.
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Well red as you showed me one time, You cant kite someone with an engie they can out heal it. Advy doc will just have Gen 2 perks and it recharges just as fast as the nano drain so it doesnt acutlay work very well in pvp. Demo works nice because it doesnt acutaly do 1/4 damage because its not considered comming from the engie, problem with that is that it has a low evade so most people evade out of the damage anyways. Really just more intrested in the perks because they are stuns and on top of that me and the pets do the same damage type now so we rip though bc. Bucc already <did cant now that he's RE> would take the zabasta off and brawl Dimatch someone. The trick to killing someone with an engie is to get them to stay in one spot for 3 seconds then they'll be dead from the pets but its hard to get them to stay there that long. And on top of that i'm keeping all my grenade stuff, and have 18 ipr + the one from LE so it'll atleast let me find out if this works or not.

<side note I have 0 in mechanic, I could possably max demo and MA + shotgun and as + evades since I dont use any of the tradeskills.>

<side note I have 0 in mechanic, I could possably max demo and MA + shotgun and as + evades since I dont use any of the tradeskills.>
    Just base, do you have enough tradeskills to twink together a baccum and NCU? Can you use all QL200 trimmers? What about Psy Mod for higher AR on blinds? I'm just curious as I've never had a 210+ engineer before. IP seems kind of tight for this stuff. I have a paranoia about using IPR, prolly comes from being a doctor.
    Last edited by Fabricate; Jun 6th, 2006 at 00:35:13.

MA seems like a fun and interesting weapon choice, I envy your +300 buff :P

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

nano drain works very nicely on any1 u can land it on. mostly good for docs, but with thier massive hp / stims / genius / nanodelta they should be able to get away with it goin off once. i havent really pvped a doc a my lvl.

as for advies.... i give u virtually no chance of landing. consider advies have massive evades and then their armour either buffs aad or extra evades. syms for extra evades, buffs for evades, morphs for add and perks for evades.

u will be doin well to land any demo perks on a half decent advie close to ur level. oh and ma's are the same.

Good luck perking a fixer too :P Danger forgot to add that
    Trussafoobik 215/21 Omni Fixer Equipment Pic
    Afnoks 209/14 Omni Engineer Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Odewad
    The lag is as bad as advertised. And guess what...?? I can reproduce it.
    The lag is at it's worst right after I log on ... and seems to get better right after I log off.

well if i went thru every prof i couldnt perk :P

but yes, fixers and shades

also, a particularly good outside buffed agent will be unperkable with nano drain

ppl to perk - enfs, docs, nts, mps, traders if u can? nvr pvped a trader, and CRATS for sure. not to give to much away but crats suck v engi without nano

i forget what other profs there are.... stupid downtime / sleep deprivation

you forgot solds :P You can use the drain on them before they ams and make it so they cant ams at all :P

So far, I have a Snakemaster for AS in pvp and I can self it, I'm still perking out of demo right now but have Kung-fu fully perked and FreakStr perked as well. <IS it possable to make the stuns land on someone else?> Borrowing a friend's 270 strong pants right now, but I'm going to do AI tech3 quest today and start farming stuff for QL 300 mercs, but I dont think I can get it on before level 215. still havnt beenable to get my bob i'll try again today. So far with 1500ish AR i'm criting for 4k on rk and 3k in sl, but not criting that much right now normal damage is around 900 to 1k so about the same as the Bacam, but a little faster hits. maybe once I get the bob on and the +Crit stuff my damage will be up there around pistol engies not just grenade ones. I'm Debating if I should perk Shotgun mastery for the constant +damage, or if I should perk Mechanics to make up for the loss of the right hand, and use Decon to lower the targets AC. I havnt beenable to test melee on Decon to see if it boost the damage like it does with grenade.

mongo rage ftw.......u guys left out trox engies

problem there is that tech is soli
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

soli......mmmmm.......he should reroll a trox one

Salaman is trox and went MA, but he wont be back in game for a while. Anyrate, If you read the MA fourms the best for MA ablity is, Opi, Soli, Trox, Nano, and I have no problem landing the perks so far on anyone i've tried them on so MR is a waste of perk points. I've noticed lately that we are getting lucky and people are finaly realizeing that trox isnt the best prof for some classes like engie. If you ask the big B he's got only 220 to 250 symbs in I think. Here's a basic setup of what i'm planing on going with at 215.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=39149

As you'll notice there's a few items I need to farm a bit. And I'm debating if I want the +str/stam for selfing my armor so I can swap Arth on to cast the pets, or if I want to get the +agi one so I can have higher MA skill. One thing i'm not going to do and that's swap the belts around 70s is to long per belt to self stuff.

...As you'll notice there's a few items I need to farm a bit...
    "a bit" lol
    RK1 clan points you got there 2x aqua calc (250 point each) + red belt (200) = 700 points. Hope you got a lot of time on your hands
    I'm also on the look for those, but realisticly I'm not looking at earler than 218-220
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Yah Muah, but my org does Pande on its own so I dont have to farm that many points :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast