Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Don't add Expensive inf weapons as quest items

Retired Doc Professional

Don't add Expensive inf weapons as quest items

Making items like the MBC and other inferno dyna phats that have insane market values shouldn't be added as inferno quest items.

1. It screws over everybody who has one of these weapons currently, as everybody and their brother can get the item for free that some have paid hundreds of millions of credits for.

2. Making them freely available to whoever wants them gives, in the case of the MBC, a fairly uber PvM to every profession. This would kill the diversity in the game for most professions where this would be the best endame weapon option.

3. If the items are absolutely required in the storyline, then a much better version of the original non-nodrop weapon should be added to prevent the listed problems but still be able to be added in the storyline.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Whoever said the quests will be easy ?

I could see the merit if they let you choose MBC/Whatever dyna loot you want.

If you manage to *solo* Afreet, Creepy, Medusa Philanderer, Scary Spider, And a few other 250 dynas.

Kill all 10 solo? Have some ph4ts. If you're a profession that cant do it, modify the quest so you can team with someone else of the same profession to try and duo it, or something

Its feasible if the challenge is equal to the reward
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba
    Making items like the MBC and other inferno dyna phats that have insane market values shouldn't be added as inferno quest items.

1. It screws over everybody who has one of these weapons currently, as everybody and their brother can get the item for free that some have paid hundreds of millions of credits for.

2. Making them freely available to whoever wants them gives, in the case of the MBC, a fairly uber PvM to every profession. This would kill the diversity in the game for most professions where this would be the best endame weapon option.

3. If the items are absolutely required in the storyline, then a much better version of the original non-nodrop weapon should be added to prevent the listed problems but still be able to be added in the storyline.
    And also, most professions tend to use QL300 AI weapons. These are definately easily aquired by 'anyone'.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

im guessing you bought an MBC...

lets not be greedy people... making items available to others is a good thing. With that said, quests for items this uber should be extremely difficult to complete and rather long, but it should be an option. I see no reason to flame questing for uber items as it will finally give us the 'no camping in sl' that we were promised so long ago. Just don't make them too easy...

I saw a lot of stuff like badonis and merlin's nodrop perhaps its all gonna be part of quest items too would be nice personally I HATE CAMPING for my stuff this is a good option to allow people to quest for hard earned stuff as opposed to ODing people dont get me wrong we do all use credits still but.... its kinda silly to pay millions upon millions of credits on something that is overcamped end the camping its such a painful headache.

Who told you it's going to be a quest item? People are just guessing atm... Go cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    I have learned that most of the community is, for lack of a better word, dumb.
    R.I.P. Breyers

I'd rather they make it a really hard quest needing 1 team or more to complete than it just be a grind/campfest. If its an easy quest then i see your point but who knows maybe FC will make it a challenge
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

I am sorry but your thing about PVM statements just aint true.

There is only Two classes where this can even be CONSIDERED and that is Doc's and crats.

Typical EG weapons by class:

Trader=AI shottie or multiple ai upgraded shottie

Enforcer= 300 ql ai weap typed 112

M.P.=300 ai hammers

Soldier. AI pistol's typed with an off hand weapon (hope this changes)

Advent. AI axes typed

N.T. THIS THIS COULD use the MBC like a doc can but the losses of cyberdeck nukes and ai dots+ nanoskill i think makes it a wash.

Agent: if they arent using a 300 typed ai rifle i would be stunned.

Crat: They can use MBC as well and a lot do but its not uncommon to see pistol versions for those not geared for total tradeskillage.

Engi: Let me just lol here because they can use far far greater powered weapons than an MBC

Fixer: Puleeze 300 typed machine pistol=win

Keeper: *refered to enf*

M.A.: nope no MBC here

Shade: *refered to MA*

Professions that can consider it an EG PVM wep
    Crat
    Engi
    NT
    Doc

Two of these professions wont even touch the MBC for various reasons. Engi and NT

Docs and Crats are the only two profs who can legitmately consider it that kind of weapon and only if they are pvm.

It does not kill diversity...will it drop the price most certantly. But too many profs would not use that as an end game weapon in pvm there are too many good items.

If those dynaloot items as quest rewards are true, I'm all for it. There's nothing more annoying having to camp some dumb vortexoid for days until he drops a weapon.. and I'm not inclined shoving some hundred million creds down someone's throat.

The nodrop flag on the quest-acquired versions is quite nice, so people can't throw them on the market - assuming that the original version will stay ingame. Then people have the choice.. either quest for the nodrop mbc or pay for the dropable version or camp a few days.

Of course, the easier way to get people their guns would have been upping the droprates a significant bit.. or adding some camp-timer for each mob so that at the fifth kill the desired item always drops.. once and never again
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

At one point enfos paid what, 1B for a QL260 Maul, and that's just 1 example. Should they have not put out the AI weapons because it would have "screwed" all the players with that weapon?

Nope.

Things happen. Doctors, Crats, some MPs, etc finally get some weapon love. And the other Docs, Advys, etc that have been overcamping the Inferno dynas for it have to find a new source of income. Big whoop.

If people bought a MBC and are afraid of losing their investment, sell now ... the market gave its indicator, the wise will listen early.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

You are wrong Firestorm. I am a trader and I longed to have an MBC. Its just because its hard to solo that thing and even if I can solo it, getting KS is quite common for me since it takes so long to kill it. But the burst, 1/1, dmg, and mods itself is far superior to any EG weapons traders have.

If it is going to require a quest to get an MBC, I am gonna bug everyone to help meh
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Katth
    Who told you it's going to be a quest item? People are just guessing atm... Go cool off.
    go cool off? oh im fine, but dont go flaming me....

in fact, why don't i make another suggestion to go along with this one

lets make a quest next patch to acquire a nodrop robust backpack. cause if this doesn't affect the economy at all, then that won't. people will get it "made available to them" and it will save all the camping of tarasque for HC points. thats a good idea then, right?
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

oooo thats a great idea actually. And I am being serious here. Nodrop Rbp. Just make the quest a pain, and/or make the mods slightly different. You want to talk about how that would screw the economy? Well, I say, any economy that allows an item that costs more creds than can be ever placed on a single toon is already a screwy economy.

Obviously there is more demand for it, so why not produce more? As long as it takes an effort to get I have no prob with putting very nice nodrop items into the game. I especially like it if they are placed in such away that it does not encourage massive zerg raids to get. That way you still have to try and you still get yer phats. You still have to put time in, but you get no boost to your wallet for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Axela
    You are wrong Firestorm. I am a trader and I longed to have an MBC. Its just because its hard to solo that thing and even if I can solo it, getting KS is quite common for me since it takes so long to kill it. But the burst, 1/1, dmg, and mods itself is far superior to any EG weapons traders have.

If it is going to require a quest to get an MBC, I am gonna bug everyone to help meh
    You are saying this isnt even a thought?

Come on this is the PVM standard for traders.

Scoped Salabim is a "standard" because there is not other choices left for PvM. In fact, it has the conflicting proc that PvP traders do not even use it at all when they PvM. It is actually a normal ql300 Salabim, just with the conflicting proc. Nothing special about that weapon really. Just because you don't see traders complain, doesnt mean all is good about it. (I've learnt to accept everything as it is to enjoy AO)

An MBC is 1/1, fling and burst and those better modifiers on it (compared to the scoped salabim). Furthermore, its easier to cap burst and fling and so easy to equiped on. A 9 sec burst makes hell alot of difference in PvM.

With the minimal amount of ip needed to use MBC, and if its finally possible to own it without an insane amount of credits, you will definitely see more traders esp. the tradeskillers with it. Furthermore, while most professions can have more than 1 choice of EG weaponry, why must we be stuck with just one weapon type from level 1 - 220, which like I mentioned before, ain't really anything fanciful at all.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

why not make a NODROP MBC to quest rewards?

If you just make an item that makes it NODROP/better, the price and campedness of Afreet Ellis will increase several fold,

is that any more fair to people who cant afford one/or cant manage to kill afreet without getting trained by some savage clanner?

Well since it's been the #1 weapon for docs and a few others for... years.. now, I think it's great that there's finally a different option. Even if it's a copy. Hope it looks different.
    Besides, who says it's a quest rewards and if it is, who says you won't have to clear out Pandemonium to get it :P

You have to realize, you can't really add new weapons without replacing old ones. Do you want new shineys once in a while? Then you'll have to accept that the MBC won't be the most desired weapon forever!

Now, where's my Pink Slippers of Screaming?
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    Well since it's been the #1 weapon for docs and a few others for... years.. now, I think it's great that there's finally a different option. Even if it's a copy. Hope it looks different.
    Besides, who says it's a quest rewards and if it is, who says you won't have to clear out Pandemonium to get it :P

You have to realize, you can't really add new weapons without replacing old ones. Do you want new shineys once in a while? Then you'll have to accept that the MBC won't be the most desired weapon forever!

Now, where's my Pink Slippers of Screaming?
    Funcom seem to apply this logic to professions.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

I'm all for questing for these damn 1% dyna drops.

Remember when the game director said "there would be no camping in the shadowlands"? Well, maybe they're taking a small step towards fixing that.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast