Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question on PVP missions.

Question on PVP missions.

I didn't post in the feedback thread since I'm still downloading the patch. What I read in the patch notes alarms me, so I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this . . .

"Prepare to be sent deep into enemy territory as factional quests are added that will find players taking out targets in their enemies cities.

Clan players can seek out Eleanor Kiamarli in Old Athens.

Omni players can seek out Bahirae Serugiusu in Omni-Trade."

So . . . who do neutrals talk to?
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

clan recruiter or omni recruiter first =)
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Try either one, if not then read below.

Neutrals are not involved in the Clan/Omni conflict and therefore do not infiltrate anyone. This is one case where I have to say, Join a side
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post

Neutrals are not involved in the Clan/Omni conflict and therefore do not infiltrate anyone.
    correct, as they arent on either side of the conflict, neutrals dont have any equivalent for these quests.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Neutrals are not involved in the Clan/Omni conflict and therefore do not infiltrate anyone. This is one case where I have to say, Join a side
    I agree with this post...

a neutral leader shouldn't be pushing for assassinations.

Hurrah. If FC does not want neutrals in the game, force a decision early on.

Its stupid to let people make a choice, and then keep kicking them in the teeth over and over as time goes by for making the "wrong" choice.

Its too late for some to make that choice now, and not cool to make a game less fun for some of your customers than it is for others.

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Narcoleptic View Post
    I agree with this post...

a neutral leader shouldn't be pushing for assassinations.
    There really isnt a neutral leader - we are a group of people who have nothing in common except that we aren't a member of either side. Some are pacifists, some mercenaries, some disinterested traders. We should be able to participate, since there is no neutral "government" telling us what we can or can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    correct, as they arent on either side of the conflict, neutrals dont have any equivalent for these quests.
    The neutrals are not part in the Clan/Omni-conflict, but in the
    Clan/Neutral and Omni/Neutral conflict (watch the daily tower messages, the invasion of Borealis, the Guards in Tir and esp. the picking on neutrals on this board)

Please add PvP-Missions for neutrals, as i would love to have a private
    talk with the ones responsible for the Omni-Guards in front of my window and the ones that shoot my fellow friends in Tir.

Content just for the two major sides is crap.
    Syy

so where exactly is "Omni players can seek out Bahirae Serugiusu in Omni-Trade."? cant seem to find that person
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

She is by Trade Statue at 410 x 400

It appears that there is a level lock on gaining the missions as there is a lot of vicinity spam of "I have nothing to say to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    The neutrals are not part in the Clan/Omni-conflict, but in the
    Clan/Neutral and Omni/Neutral conflict (watch the daily tower messages, the invasion of Borealis, the Guards in Tir and esp. the picking on neutrals on this board)
    Yes, for some silly reason they allowed Neutrals to be aggressors, this should be fixed asap so that Neutrals cannot participate in NW or own bases.

Oh and yes, Neutrals should be allowed to choose a side after level 200 too.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    but most dont want to.. i know more sided that want to go neut..
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

Bump for neutral love. Neuts have plenty of reasons to go after both sides, far better reasons than most omniclans whose only excuse is, "FC says we hate them, so lets kill them!"
    I say just make it so each NPC has a not omni/not clan tag for the mission if you're not going to put in a neutral NPC.

NEUTRAL! covers it all there... they dont fight... suck it up... u want free passage around RK u want cheap faction... u dont get all the cool stuff... roll a clan

Quote Originally Posted by Novafox View Post

I say just make it so each NPC has a not omni/not clan tag for the mission if you're not going to put in a neutral NPC.
    By storyline, neither omni nor clan trust the neutrals...

A lot of people get confused over "neutrals" including the official sources themselves, I think. Now, it has been awhile since I've gone through the timeline and rest of canon, but it seems to me that not picking a side is not the same as picketing the sides.

What I mean is that just because you do not choose to be omni or clan does NOT mean you have no stake in the conflict, personally or as a greater collective. I view the neutrals as those that aren't chained by any other government, but themselves are lumped as a single intentity when, in fact, they have no rules. This gives them a far better position, story-wise, to do whatever. Because they are neutral, they have no reason to assassinate any of the faction? No, that is absurd. Stop confusing neutrality with peacekeepers.

FC made a great and very good mistake by allowing the neutrals to continue and grow. It was an unintentional but very awesome RP mistake, one that they should entertain a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcoleptic View Post
    By storyline, neither omni nor clan trust the neutrals...
    Thats the sad thing. We all know in game the sided factions have varying relationships with neuts.. but instead of the game building on this we get stuck with an unwieldly and perscriptive storyline effectively telling us how we should play instead of acknowledging how we actually play.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

You think we don't have enemies?

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Larval_Stage View Post
    You think we don't have enemies?
    Sure you do.

Clan hates omni.

Omni hates clan.

Neuts hate everybody.

Everybody hates neuts.

Maybe neutrals should get pvp missions vs the ARK's and GM's, since thats who they're beef is apparently with
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    Yes, for some silly reason they allowed Neutrals to be aggressors, this should be fixed asap so that Neutrals cannot participate in NW or own bases.

neutral - 1 : not engaged on either side; specifically : not aligned with a political or ideological grouping <a neutral nation>

You confuse neutrality with passiveness. They are not the same.

Look at the real world. Countries that remained neutral through WWII didn't do it because they were wimps. They did it for various reasons, each their own. There was no overwhelming non aligned agenda. Switzerland and Finland remained neutral, but you can't lump them together. In neither case can you say people were just sitting around pickin daisies, either.

Non aligned would be a better term for what neutrals really are in this game. We have our own agendas, which are more important to us than joining a side.

There was a better reason to stay neutral before they backed off from the story line. The clans included, harbored, and aided terrorists, and omni was an evil galaxy wide empire with no soul and no respect for non-employees' civil liberties. When the story line started to mirror real world situations too much, the differences got diluted, and staying neutral had no essential point.

Also, originally, omni was supposed to have better equipment, to reflect backing from a materialistic hyper-corporation, while clans would have inferior equipment, but vastly superior organization benefits, to refect their true dedication to a cause and personal commitment. In fact, they both have essentially the same equipment, and the same org benefits. There's basically no difference now, aside from side xp and which garden you use.

Anyhow, w/e. By now I'm used to it. Neutrals just got dumped on again by FC. I can hardly wait til LE comes out, and they make it so neutrals can't research or PVP at all. Or more likely - we'll be constantly flagged, but unable to attack other players. Just par for the course.

Edit: Typo king!
    Last edited by sobeguy; Aug 29th, 2006 at 18:53:48.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast