Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question on PVP missions.

its great that neutrals once again gets excluded from the fun. imo they shouldnt even be allowed to ding futher than 200
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Retired Doc Professional
    Why does every thread have to get turned into an "omg fc hates neutrals", or "omg nerf advys" or "wtf fix NT's"

isnt a conversation about game elements possible without these things popping up?

go look up what neutral means in the dictonary: "not taking part or giving assistance in a dispute or war between others" (Dictionary.com)

my message to neutrals: you are only in existance for pure RP purposes. You were not created to add to the story line, only to be the side where fence sitters could go.
    so to all neuts who say "omg nerf i want pvp missions": pick a side or go back to the fence you came from
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I actually agree with Mmba for once
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Sorry to tell you this guys but, all the pathetic stuff your telling about not wanting to choose a side? Seriously you are almost omni, since you try to gank random clanners! What is all this "I don't wanna choose a side" whining about.
    Things you must remember; Roots/Snares DONT work aswell on ranged players than on melee/fist players. That's why you always HAVE TO steal the soldier's rifle or the agent's sniper.

Top 3 Things that makes you a noob.

If you bring a tent to the by and you tell players you are camping leets.

If you forget your tent when trying to setup camp at leets.

If you still have not realised you are out of bullets after 10 hours of camping.

(a little off topic, I know...)
    Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Look at the real world. Countries that remained neutral through WWII didn't do it because they were wimps. They did it for various reasons, each their own. There was no overwhelming non aligned agenda. Switzerland and Finland remained neutral, but you can't lump them together. In neither case can you say people were just sitting around pickin daisies, either.
    I would hardly call Finland neutral in WWII...in the Cold War, perhaps, but WWII? Did you perhaps mean Sweden?

(back on topic...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    Neuts hate everybody.

Everybody hates neuts.

Maybe neutrals should get pvp missions vs the ARK's and GM's, since thats who they're beef is apparently with
    And against Omni and Clan, of course. It's not that we can't decide which side to join, we want none of either!
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; Aug 29th, 2006 at 19:24:19. Reason: revise and extend my remarks
    Yes, we have no signature today!

and incase you did not notice, this is a game, not real life =P
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

go look up what neutral means in the dictonary: "not taking part or giving assistance in a dispute or war between others" (Dictionary.com)
    Say no more, the best argument ever ;P
    Tehgrinding Notasoldier Carebear [220/30/70] Opifex, Solja
    :: Dinged AT30 in style - on Sector 35 Field Marshal ::
    ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    Punk

Why does every thread have to get turned into an "omg fc hates neutrals", or "omg nerf advys" or "wtf fix NT's"
    Maybe because those three things need to be addressed, and represent 3 of the biggest problems with the game for those people affected by them?

Lets think REALLY HARD, why would people be posting in this thread that neuts are disadvantaged? Oh, maybe because its a thread about the fact that yet again, new content is added, and neuts can not participate.

FC seems to forget this is a game, games have to be fun, or they are stupid, boring games. Repeatedly excluding/disadvantaging some of your customers is lousy game design and poor business. Like I said before, it doesn't make any sense from a storyline/rp aspect anymore, since things have changed so much since that time.

There is absolutely no reason neuts could not choose to ally themselves with some non-Clan/non-Omni outside backer, like SOL, ICC, or the Inter-Planetary Organization for the Promotion of Interpersonal Solipsism.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    (a little off topic, I know...)

I would hardly call Finland neutral in WWII...in the Cold War, perhaps, but WWII? Did you perhaps mean Sweden?

(back on topic...)

And against Omni and Clan, of course. It's not that we can't decide which side to join, we want none of either!
    yes, I was thinking of sweden. Not really concerned with WWII in that post - its an analogy, not the real point.

In fact, Finland in WWII demonstrates neutrals in ao well. They got involved in the conflict when they got attacked - people who think that neutrality means you cant fight back are goofy. Finns didn't sit around saying 'oh we don't want to get involved, come right in Mr. Russia, shoot us all you want, we can't shoot back.'

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpbinda View Post
    and incase you did not notice, this is a game, not real life =P
    OMG the voice of reason...people take this GAME and themselves way to serious. its like do you hate this much IRL... wow just wow.. im neutral and i can care less about PvP missions token boards towers etc. i play cause the game is fun(most of the time anyway) play the game have fun...
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

Retired Doc Professional
    Maybe because those three things need to be addressed, and represent 3 of the biggest problems with the game for those people affected by them?

Lets think REALLY HARD, why would people be posting in this thread that neuts are disadvantaged? Oh, maybe because its a thread about the fact that yet again, new content is added, and neuts can not participate.
    boo hoo hoo. pick a side and you can participate. im sorry, but im not gonna feel sympathy for somebody when theres application forms, which allow you to participate in this content, in every shop in every city. 200+ neuts cant change sides? i agree that they should be able to.

FC seems to forget this is a game, games have to be fun, or they are stupid, boring games. Repeatedly excluding/disadvantaging some of your customers is lousy game design and poor business. Like I said before, it doesn't make any sense from a storyline/rp aspect anymore, since things have changed so much since that time.

There is absolutely no reason neuts could not choose to ally themselves with some non-Clan/non-Omni outside backer, like SOL, ICC, or the Inter-Planetary Organization for the Promotion of Interpersonal Solipsism.
    if you dont like being 'disadvantaged' then join either side. there is no 'ICC side' or 'SOL side' or whatever, theres clan and omni. its a company vs the disgruntled former workers of the company those who favor them. ICC and SOL and whatever else do not operate on RK. why would you want to screw up the storyline? oh, cause it already apparently is.

and you're obviously not disinterested or too mad at the game to quit, cause your still here, and still neutral.

staying neutral is like standing outside in the rain. you have a chance to go into the building to your right or to your left, but instead just waste your time complaining on how you should get an umbrella.
    Last edited by Mmba; Aug 29th, 2006 at 19:43:45.
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    correct, as they arent on either side of the conflict, neutrals dont have any equivalent for these quests.
    Why dont you log on and come and join our guild for just 1 day, and then come and look me in they eyes as you repeat that. Why was Borealis gas dropped to 75%? Why is Omni guards patrolling our city? No we are not part of the conflict, I just have the feeling that you like to rub our faces in dirt a tad too much... It is horse manure what you are saying
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Oh yes creative editing 4tw! Lets see what it says, from the same webpage:

2. not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy

3. of or belonging to a neutral state or party

11. a person or a nation that remains neutral, as in a controversy or war.

So what you posted was what suited you best at the time... Also that BS about sideing, there is not side form past 200 as you know and FC knows and yet they let us level past 200 and then EXCLUDE us from content with that knowledge. And what is that? that is BAD customer relation, since Im am pretty sure that I pay the exact same amout of cash for this game.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Bump for high level neutral side change form.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

you all seem to be missing one simple point. Its not that neutrals WONT go fight for omni-tek or clans, its that Omni-Tek and the Clans, dont trust the neutrals with missions like this. Why would they? "Gee Bob! Looks like we have a loyal Omni-Tek employee, and an unsided neutral here, both saying they'll go out and kill those Delta Sentinals... Lets go with the Neutral who we have no affiliation or connection with at all to go insure our safety and deal with a problem of security with! GENIUS!"

maybe a little sarcastic, and the name is trite, but it conveys the image well. why would one faction trust an important mission akin to major security for itself... to someone who has attacked their resources and employees before, and has yet to choose a side?

this is the price you pay for being neutral. you can go nearly anywhere you want, team with whoever you want, associate with whoever you want, but you dont get the "finer things in life" that the sided members recieve. sure, i think its stupid that you cant join a faction after 200, but you still had 199 levels to change sides before that.

Its like having your Leet Pie, and wanting to eat it too. You get more freedom to wander and such, but you trade in job opportunities. You're the underdogs of AO, not the Clans, not Omni-Tek, the Neutrals.

mmmm Leet Pie...

You miss the bigger point. You assume that only omni has a reason to kill clan, and only clan has reason to kill omni. Neuts have their own reasons to kill either, and both sides have reason to hire neuts instead of doing their own dirty work.

The fact that there are no neut pvp missions can't be used to prove that such a thing doesn't make sense.

the role of neutrals doesn't need to be reviewed or addressed... it has IN NO WAY changed since day 1... there is no misleading information ANYWHERE that says neutrals will get the same amount of sided content as Omni and Clan... Search funcom responses on these forums and it's CLEARLY indicated its intended that they WILL NOT...

Anyone whom makes an informed decision can figure out that neutrals have certain advantages and certain drawbacks (given the size of omni and clan vs neutrals... I'll guess many people made their informed decision)... the question I never understand is why neutrals never seem able to grasp that after 5 years of consistent game development with very consistent community relations responses that this may be an INTENDED feature.

Since beta of the original release the game design has been similar... as far as I can see the only confusing part is that they start everyone off as neutral now... Maybe all these confused individuals just stayed neutral cause that's what they started as...

Complaining about this is no more outrageous than if an omni came on here complaining about not being able to use clan gardens or that they get unfairly attacked in clan towns when they didn't want to be attacked.

There is a storyline and a game design.. and that shouldn't be changed because a handful of people made uninformed decisions or because they made so-called imaginery 'friends' with others in game whom they don't know in real life and decided to stay neutral even though it's clearly evident as to what the neutral advantages and disadvantages in game are and that they are not thrilled with the game design of the neutrals.
    Last edited by Narcoleptic; Aug 29th, 2006 at 21:05:38.

Things have in fact changed over the years, and being neutral 4 years ago isn't the same as being neutral today. Over time, the advantages of being neutral have all but vanished, and the disadvanages have grown.

-We used to have cyborg token board, compared to 1k token board. Now we have sigil, compared to 2.5k token board - and your lazy people still use the sigil.

-When SL launched, we had the advantage of faction off the same mobs you lvl off of. Now everyone else has that advantage, only better - we have to be careful doing missions, or we bork faction and lose the ability to use that side's gardens.

-We used to have the advantage of travel to excluded zones. We still have much of that on rk (some zones will open us to NPC attack though) but in SL that doesn't exist. Each side can go anywhere we can go, with the exception of the other side's garden. Which doesn't matter, since whatever can be found in one garden is found in the other. And on RK, inflation means that everyone gets a yalm, usually sooner rather than later. Its not the major accomplishment it once was - and once you have a yalm, you can go anywhere we go.

There has never been any kind of *content* that was off limits to neuts. There was only faction based equipment. Thats what I signed up for. I don't like FC locking us out of more and more of the game, and am not gonna stay quiet about it.

If LE doesn't see neuts treated EXACTLY the same as the other two factions, you better bet you will see us on here screaming. Neuts are not a large faction, no. But then, AO is not a large game. Does FC really want to give ANY of their players a reason to consider not buying the new expansion?

Retired Doc Professional
    If LE doesn't see neuts treated EXACTLY the same as the other two factions, you better bet you will see us on here screaming. Neuts are not a large faction, no. But then, AO is not a large game. Does FC really want to give ANY of their players a reason to consider not buying the new expansion?
    why do you need to be considered equally?!

you ever hear of the saying that "Theres 2 sides to every story/conflict"?

well, ao seems to be something like that (aka a story/conflict). you saying that ao is the exception and there should be 3 sides, cause you say so?

do you pay as much as i do? sure. but that doesnt entitle you to more or less game content.

i dont have an adventurer, or enforcer, or any other profession with biococoon. its a very good perk, and i wish i had it. i could go on complaining and saying that "oh, well, 1/2 of the people that play ao dont have an alt with biococoon! LE better give me that or Im gonna whine and pout that im not getting my money's worth."

well here the news, just the same as i can go roll a fc funchild and get the content that im 'paying for' (but not using), you can pick a side and get yours!
    Last edited by Mmba; Aug 29th, 2006 at 21:57:26.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonoc View Post
    Oh yes creative editing 4tw! Lets see what it says, from the same webpage:

2. not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy

3. of or belonging to a neutral state or party

11. a person or a nation that remains neutral, as in a controversy or war.

So what you posted was what suited you best at the time.
    i took the first definition, because it was the most relevant. do you have some kind of point you're trying to make here?

ill use your 2nd definition against sobe there. "not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy". note the "not alligned with". it does not say "taking the middle of the road, and agreeing with the pros of each side ergo making us a valid side."

read it! you said it yourself: being neutral means you don't have a position in ao's controversy! it doesn't say that you have your own seperate 3rd position.

whether you are on that side or not, if you agree with omni, then your known as an omni. if you agree with clan, then your clan. if you agree with a little of both, then your a hypocrite. you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by Mmba; Aug 29th, 2006 at 22:06:43.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast