Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question on PVP missions.

Wow, this is getting so cyclic it's not even funny anymore. Everything about this subject have been said over and over again, from the most useful critics and opinion to the most useless trolling.

And how when there is something about neutrals it become so full of lame RP argument where everywhere else everyone go "lolol rp sucks go back to your cage!".

If there is a chance that someone from Funcom read this : Decide ! Either take neutrals in consideration or put a mechanic that prevent them from playing unless they use a form when they log in. No middle ground !

Since the last patch you suddenly changed the rules, I don't want to pay for half a game.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Aug 30th, 2006 at 01:03:06.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    This is one case where I have to say, Join a side

One case Telcea? You say that every minute of every day.

I for one know the truth about Neutrals - we are essentially free to do anything we wish. We should really be allowed to do the missions from both sides I think. Possibly set it up so we have to pay a fee/bribe in order to get the missions maybe to explain it. After all the Clammers & Omni-Tek don't have even the smallest percentage of the conviction of Neutrals so it's easy to believe their members could be easily bribed.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Retired Doc Professional
    wth, is this mmba and telcea vs the whole neut population of ao? i can't sit here all night and type, so ill pick and choose my points

Quote Originally Posted by lunette View Post
    No, I cannot pick a side. That's the issue here.
    At 206 you really should be aware of these game mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    200+ neuts cant change sides? i agree that they should be able to.
    reading ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz View Post

The people arguing against fixing this are bullies intent on "protecting their turf". "My PVP! MINE MINE MINE!"

And then there are all those nice people who seem to know what being a neutral is better than the people who are actually neutral. Take your dictionaries elsewhere.
    It has nothing to do with 'my pvp'. i dont even pvp. it has to do with the fact that it doesnt make sense for neutrals to be complaining about not getting the benefits of being a side since they weren't a side to begin with. the lack of making a choice is not a choice. All players are neutral to begin with on noob island, and you choose omni or clan.

and oh, so suddenly being neutral is a state of mind? is it a following? a religion? neutrality is being neutral. if your one of these omni-neuts or clan-neuts, then either join that side or stay outta the clan v omni conflict. hate clan and omni for their own merits if you must, but whats good for one side is good for the other. we already have clan v omni, omni v neut and clan v neut. side xp has shown for a while that you can't fight the NW battle on both fronts and be successful at all (also because nobody wants to join neut for gameplaying reasons like this).

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeOfEvl View Post
    MBNA or whatever your name is who are you talk on these forums like you are someone that we should care what you think.. here a dolla go buy a clue. stumblebum no one likes you so just go away already
    its mmba, learn to read. and you obviously care somewhat or you wouldnt have bothered to read and post in here, so go get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Itoderry View Post
    The question was why not PVP mission for neutrals! Are we (the neutrals) players? Are we paying for the game (at least part of us)?
    If yes we must have same services for our money!! (Real money)
    If you (funcom employers) don't have any ideea leave! I think the FUNCOM can find a lot of people with ideas.
    In the last 8 month I was playing this game and I saw a lot of disrespect from FUNCOM. Every time when a new patch was lanced something goes wrong. The lag is infernal. Graphical engine is a junk! Every profession has a lot of bugs! And in that situation what are doing the FUNCOM? They broke the working things in game. They offer fun only for a part of his customer. (Yes at the end we are THE CUSTOMMERS for you – You always forget that thing!).

“neutrals dont have any equivalent for these quests.” Why not!? You are paid to have ideas. If your people can’t have a good idea, find other employees.

And find a solution to test the damn code! Pay the testers or offer to the testers some advantages on the live servers but test the code!

If we (the customers) don’t pay one day you block our accounts, but, you can keep the servers offline without any problem.
    Shame on you!
    if you had any idea what was behind these game engines and their complexity, you might have a greater respect for whats happening. you apparently join ao a few months ago, and read about other people complaining on the graphics engine, how it needs an upgrade, and then take it on yourself to complain. heres a clue - fc is a business, and unless LE is huge, ao wont see a new graphics engine. the simple fact remains that ao will die much faster if LE flops, plain and simple. (although i do hope this doesn't happen) if LE is a huge success (like throwing it over the likes of WoW type of success), then you might see a new engine.

We know that FC has people working on their issues- both today after the bug, for 16.3, and in general, so quit whining.
    Last edited by Mmba; Aug 30th, 2006 at 02:13:03.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

and oh, so suddenly being neutral is a state of mind? is it a following? a religion?
    Obviously Mmba you are rather newer to AO and the issue - registered 2005. Also clearly you are of a sided nature. FC did not really envision Neutral as anything but a short state you were in before you decided what side to join when they started AO. Quite soon after launch though Neutrals showed FC being a Neutral was instead a 3rd option and a viable side unto itself. Your views on Neutrals is clouded by your own sided reality. Can I also take a stance of a similar nature and put forth my own theory that all Omnis are naked blue giraffes? Will you concede that your views on Neutrals are correct and also my views on Omnis are also correct at the same time? Likely not as you'd say your views on Neutrals override mine as you have no knowledge of what being a Neutral actualy is

Naked Blue Giraffe in native habitat
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

It has nothing to do with 'my pvp'. i dont even pvp. it has to do with the fact that it doesnt make sense for neutrals to be complaining about not getting the benefits of being a side since they weren't a side to begin with. the lack of making a choice is not a choice. All players are neutral to begin with on noob island, and you choose omni or clan.

and oh, so suddenly being neutral is a state of mind? is it a following? a religion? neutrality is being neutral. if your one of these omni-neuts or clan-neuts, then either join that side or stay outta the clan v omni conflict. hate clan and omni for their own merits if you must, but whats good for one side is good for the other. we already have clan v omni, omni v neut and clan v neut. side xp has shown for a while that you can't fight the NW battle on both fronts and be successful at all (also because nobody wants to join neut for gameplaying reasons like this).
    Apparently you don't understand the neutral position has always been like this. We have always fought for equal gameplay. The ability to pvp whether we actually do or not should not be considered a "side benefit" just because of popular numbers. I have not seen anywhere in the documentation or on the forums from FC personnel stating "PVP is for sideds only" so how is an assassination mission a "side benefit"? And no, my main did not begin on noob island. In fact, my main began when neutrals could only fight back if attacked. Think about that for a moment with regards to Notum Wars.

As to your argument about neutrality being a state of mind, how is that different from the Clans believing they are right, or likewise Omnis? I am not an omni-neut or a clan-neut, and am in an organization that is neither as well. We believe they are both dealing with the conflict in the basest way possible, with unneccessary bloodshed. The NW battle itself is 100% motivated by greed in the first place.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Noob island is a recent thing guys. Perhaps you don't remember it, but back in the day you picked a side before you ever entered the back yard. Neuts could still choose a side later, but had already CHOSEN neut by picking that back yard. Neutral isn't the lack of making a choice, its making the harder choice.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Noob island is a recent thing guys. Perhaps you don't remember it, but back in the day you picked a side before you ever entered the back yard. Neuts could still choose a side later, but had already CHOSEN neut by picking that back yard. Neutral isn't the lack of making a choice, its making the harder choice.
    Don't believe us? Check out the new arrival hall. Look closely at the borders to the gates. You'll notice a Red (Clan) Grey (Neutral) and Blue (Omni) border around the gates. Those used to lead to the Backyards behind the apartment buildings on RK.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

What I don't get is that this is something clearly between Funcom and the Neutrals, and really have no impact whatsoever on the sides ... yet they still pipe up.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Nuets should be able to join a side after 200... that way they aren't forever restricted from content like this.. Think of how bad the Side PVP situation will be in LE>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    Nuets should be able to join a side after 200... that way they aren't forever restricted from content like this.. Think of how bad the Side PVP situation will be in LE>>
    wow, abalz makes an intelligent post, and doesn't say the letters 'NT' in it. somebody - mark this date.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

wow, abalz makes an intelligent post,
    Well its more that one can say about your posts.........
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

i'm neut for a reason.... i'm lazy... so i don't care about these missions XD

It doesnt matter what your goal is if icc wont hire you to do these types of missions you wont get them.

Omni wont hire you and neaither will the clan it simply wouldnt make sense as they dont like you.

wow, abalz makes an intelligent post, and doesn't say the letters 'NT' in it. somebody - mark this date.
    When you have nothing worth saying, pick on someone who does.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

I'm all for Neutrals getting the PvP missions as well. It only makes sense that when adding content such as this (as a sort of appetizer for a largely PvP expansion), FC would want everyone running around flagged and (for some) getting their first taste of PvP.

But maybe, just maybe, the mechanics of doing this prove a little complicated when it comes to Neutrals. The missions involve going "into enemy territory." (Read: Somewhere where there's a bunch of guards to attack you on sight.) Except for Tir, Neutrals don't really have that, and I don't see how that could be quickly and easily implemented save making all the guards everywhere attack Neutrals on sight. And just think of those drama threads!

So maybe this time it's just "FC couldn't figure out how to do this in time" instead of "FC hates Neutrals." Or hell, maybe FC really does hate Neutrals, I dunno. Such is the inscrutable logic of Funcom.
    Solrekka - Taking the Scenic Route to 220
    Proud Member of Peace $ Love, Inc.!

"And so he says to me, 'I don't like the cut of your jib.' And I go, I says, 'IT'S THE ONLY JIB I GOT, BABY!!'"
    "We aren't unhappy, we're unpleasant." -My brother

And the rewards are token based... i.e. not much use to neutrals. And I don't think there is anything stopping neutrals helping sided players with these in a mercanary fashion if they so choose.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    And the rewards are token based... i.e. not much use to neutrals. And I don't think there is anything stopping neutrals helping sided players with these in a mercanary fashion if they so choose.
    Omni/Clan do get an updated Token-Board with this mission too. I'm pretty sure that you know what my neck-item looks like, and compared to omni/clan neckitems i could really use a little upgrade there.

If the developers spend a few hours to add a non-sided NPC for non-sided PvP-Missions, i bet they can come up with a nice idea as reward.

(The Unionist Foreman gives a nice 2h XP-bonus, and that would also be of good use for neutrals, but even killing him for stealing my orgname doesn't give me anything besides satisfaction)

Syy
    Syy

its mmba, learn to read. and you obviously care somewhat or you wouldnt have bothered to read and post in here, so go get bent.
    no one knows or cares who are enough to know your unimaginative credit card company sounding name.. now here's your milk and cookies kid go home back to mommie.

Quote Originally Posted by Techofdoom View Post
    It doesnt matter what your goal is if icc wont hire you to do these types of missions you wont get them.

Omni wont hire you and neaither will the clan it simply wouldnt make sense as they dont like you.
    Why wouldn't they hire us? We are expendable nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Novafox View Post
    Why wouldn't they hire us? We are expendable nobodies.
    I can see it now. Neuts standing on the Yalmway with a sign "Will kill for credz"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast