Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question on PVP missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    And the rewards are token based... i.e. not much use to neutrals. And I don't think there is anything stopping neutrals helping sided players with these in a mercanary fashion if they so choose.
    The rewards are up to fc. The fact that the missions are giving out rewards useless to us is no kinda reason to say we shouldn't do the missions. FC designed the rewards, decided what to give, and they decided not to have pvp missions for neuts. Bad decisions.

A game is meant to be fun. These threads should make it clear that neuts are NOT having a lot of fun. FC needs to face the reality, and do something about it.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Yes. This is a game and it should be about fun, and noone should be excluded by choosing the 'wrong' of the three sides. We all pay the same amount of money, but FC keeps adding content and items for only 2/3 of the sides, which equals to about 90% of the population.

And please don't come with any crappy RP-reasons or dictionary entries.

Why/how should "A few loose coalitions of workers in the north" (aka Clan) get access to the same technology and be as strong as an interstellar corporation (Omni)? Because it would be boring if that would not be the case. It's a game.

Why should former omni/clan, who "abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones" (neutrals) not be able to do/get the same? Because FC choose a wrong name for us? Because your dictionary says so?

Every roleplaying neutral would, as soon as Omni-Tek and Clan invade Borealis to fight each other there, endangering the health and safety of his friends and family, grab two stones to slay down the first sided member, exchange his Azure set with the stuff he just looted (T3/Token Board), equip it and rinse&repeat until his hometown is safe again.

Every swiss has a weapon at home and would probably use it when he sees two other nations fighting in his hometown. And they would be pretty pissed if they wouldn't be able to enter Italy without getting shot at. They are not true neutrals after your definition? So what, i'm neither, feel free to call me agnostic or whatever you prefer.

From the AO website:
    * Go solo or join groups and guilds, AO is packed with fun content for everyone

but they keep adding content for only a part of the population (and it will get
    way worse with LE i bet).

Add content for the third side, Funcom. And bring us on par with the other two sides.

(And this is worse than the breed/profession unbalances, as you could at least roll another breed/profession without leaving the friends you made in your org behind)

Syy
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Piping_Hot View Post

Considering the number of Omni/Clan players that would like to be able to go Neutral, and the number of Neutral players that make Omni/Clan alts becuase they are tired of FC not making the game match the storyline, your assertion clearly misses the mark.
    And what is their reason for wanting to go Neutral???? My guess is that they aren't wanting to go neutral for increased PvP content... or for increased Item content...

If Omni or Clan want to go neutral its because you can buy items from any player shop, from any player in game.... its because you can travel through most cities in game unharmed.... Its because you can use the gardens of both FACTIONS, its because you can often raid with both FACTIONS...

We have the advanatage buying from player shops. Thats all.

We cant go anywhere - Tir is same for us as omnis. Big deal, you get in a yalm and ignore it. We can use both gardens, but how often does that matter? Clans and Omnis both have access to everything in SL - sometimes it means an extra 20 seconds of running. And we can NEVER raid with both factions. If we could, I'd probably be a lot nicer to some people.

Edit: so basically, roll a lvl 5 neut froob, give it a yalm, and you never need another neutral char again.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Yes. This is a game and it should be about fun, and noone should be excluded by choosing the 'wrong' of the three sides. We all pay the same amount of money, but FC keeps adding content and items for only 2/3 of the sides, which equals to about 90% of the population.
    Sure.. lets even things out...

Neuts get a token board, neuts get PvP quests...

Neuts lose the ability to use Omni/Clan gardens...

Neuts become Kill on Site in Omni/Clan territories...

Neuts no longer can shop from Omni/Clan player cities and can only buy from Neutral player cities...

Now that's balance, make neuts an equal third party... Which way do you want it? do you want the items and quests? Or do you want the other abilites.... YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH... NEITHER OMNI NOR CLAN HAVE BOTH..... BOTH IS IMBALANCE...

Quote Originally Posted by Awi View Post
    Some of experts posting here (with surprisingly late join date) miss some very important facts.
    Can't think of a good argument, so you look at forum join dates? I have played since Beta 4 of the original release and beta'd all releases... I never quit during the fateful 12.6 patch... how about you???

I can tell you that the games treatment of neutrals since beta has only moved in a favorable direction to them..

You did receive some neck options, while the game was released with only neck options for clan/omni...

Originally Neutral was intended to only be playable up to level 50 and a player starting neutral, also started with a side change form for each of omni and clan...

what do you know? I see you started this toon September 2003 I guess that makes you noob, since I have 2 1/2 years more experience and that's how you base things...

Quote Originally Posted by Narcoleptic View Post
    Sure.. lets even things out...

Neuts get a token board, neuts get PvP quests...

Neuts lose the ability to use Omni/Clan gardens...

Neuts become Kill on Site in Omni/Clan territories...

Neuts no longer can shop from Omni/Clan player cities and can only buy from Neutral player cities...

Now that's balance, make neuts an equal third party... Which way do you want it? do you want the items and quests? Or do you want the other abilites.... YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH... NEITHER OMNI NOR CLAN HAVE BOTH..... BOTH IS IMBALANCE...
    Gardens are unred/redeemed, and you are welcome to take one away from me. I wouldn't even mind when all sided guards try to kill me in their cities, and it wouldn't be a problem to roll lowlevel sided alts for player shops or bug members of their faction like sided player bug me for checking the shops for them.

Sure, i'm in, thanks for the bump.
    Syy

Gardens are unred/redeemed, and you are welcome to take one away from me. I wouldn't even mind when all sided guards try to kill me in their cities, and it wouldn't be a problem to roll lowlevel sided alts for player shops or bug members of their faction like sided player bug me for checking the shops for them.

Sure, i'm in, thanks for the bump.

so in other words... you chose the side that didn't offer the advantages/disadvantages that most enhance your gameplay.... now that's a pity.

this is why their should be side change forms... for all sides.. even in the end game... hell... it used to be fun drama.. I can remember when Cobalt9 left omni to become a storm member.... that was some fun drama.. Of course, before SL was released.. I can recall that Glarawyn made a conscious decision to become omni... and Solstiare wanted to turn Omni, but got impatient waiting for someone to roll her a side change form and then got messed up on faction and decided to just stay neut...but Awi wouldn't know about that, because it was before his time.

If the above posts are right.. there are Omni/Clan whom want to be Neutral... and Neutrals that want more of what Omni/Clan have.... so allow a side change, post 200.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Edit: so basically, roll a lvl 5 neut froob, give it a yalm, and you never need another neutral char again.
    Froob cannot use player shops.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

so in other words... you chose the side that didn't offer the advantages/disadvantages that most enhance your gameplay.... now that's a pity.
    I choose the side that got ignored with recent and will be ignored with future patches. Unless you have something valuable to add on why the advantages and disadvantages shouldn't get balanced, crawl back to your cave, former omni-tek employee, and be glad that Funcom gave your side technology and power that doesn't make sense rp-wise.

May you live in interesting times.
    Syy

I choose the side that got ignored with recent and will be ignored with future patches.

That's almost my point... Neutrals have never been 'ignored'.... they were DESIGNED to be the way they are.... As for being constructive, it seems that you are the one into the name-calling, just as Awi tried to discount me and my opinions, solely on forum join date on this account...

I have added more than many valuable details on why something should or should not be added.. as have others in the past... it's just a matter that you don't want to hear anything that doesn't support your viewpoint...

That's almost my point... Neutrals have never been 'ignored'.... they were DESIGNED to be the way they are.... As for being constructive, it seems that you are the one into the name-calling, just as Awi tried to discount me and my opinions, solely on forum join date on this account...

I have added more than many valuable details on why something should or should not be added.. as have others in the past... it's just a matter that you don't want to hear anything that doesn't support your viewpoint...
    You have just added smoke and distraction and nothing valuable. You tried to point out the advantages of neutrals but failed. But still use it as an argument for our disadvantages.

You gave no reason at all why content should only be added for Omni or Clan.
    You gave no reason why neutrals should be inferior to clan and omni regarding technology, items and quest. 'Because you are neutral' doesn't bring it, and with 'free movement and access to all player cities/SL-gardens' is barely an advantage that would justify lack of content and technology.

You just screamed at me that i can't have both, Items and quest and...abilities...whatever that should mean, while you have have access to them all. That's not discussing, that is not adding valuable details, that's just trolling around.

You failed miserably.

And don't talk about 'DESIGNED'. Even the GMs disagree on what neutrals are and what not, and this thread and all other threads started by neutrals are DESIGNED to finally get Funcom to realise how they treat a small part of their customers.
    Syy

just another person with hearsay and guessing on how/why neuts were "DESIGNED"
    i dont want a token board. i feel bad for you sided people that have to farm 2500 tokens. its not about the PVP missions specifically either its the fact that we pay for content for other people is just wrong. and we are left behind. blah blah roll a sided toon or bump for +200 sided apps we don't want that we just want some extra content is all.insted we get people spewing the same mindless blatthering thats been said 1000 times.

And don't talk about 'DESIGNED'. Even the GMs disagree on what neutrals are and what not, and this thread and all other threads started by neutrals are DESIGNED to finally get Funcom to realise how they treat a small part of their customers.
    Rather pointless remark considering GM's are ingame support personell that have nothing whatsoever to do with the game design nor are likely to know the underlying reason for design choices.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    Rather pointless remark considering GM's are ingame support personell that have nothing whatsoever to do with the game design nor are likely to know the underlying reason for design choices.
    I dunno if you have heard of a formed GM called ZNORE? Yes he is the game director now, you think he might have anything to with game design? Do you even know what GM is short for? I bet not since you posted that useless post.

Djeeeezz I crack myself up
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Did you also know that this former GM (Genetic Manipulator in AO, also referred to Game Master elsewhere) was not a support GM before he became a Game Director? Happen to know what he did? He was a World Designer.

Just because most funcom employees have a GM character does not mean they know the first thing about the game design or reasoning behind game design desitions. Likewise, just because someone you know has a GM character now works with design does not mean he knew the first thing about the desitions behind game design changes when he was a GM.

And how often do you encounter GM Znorre, GM Means and the other designers answering your petitions ingame hmm?

Which one of our posts was the most useless i wonder?
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library

He was the Lead World Designer, but that really nothing that matters, what matters is that you think that the GM's (people employed by Funcom) dont discuss and have no idea what the rest of the crew is doing... So we have a company with lets say 30 employees that doesnt communicate in your vision, I dunno sound like your just out to troll some while the servers was down.

Your post was the most useless, by far.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Without looking specifically at pvp missions, I tend to support the view of most neutrals here about content and fun. Whoever said it is probably right, that way back when, FC expected anyone who started neutral to choose a side and never really expected a fair number to stay neutral.

Like most game companies, FC does tend to follow a certain preset line, sometimes, to my mind, against all logic... I have in mind some "fixes" that have been made in the past that have done nothing but annoy anyone affected.

Of course, there does have to be a policy and they cant just change the whole plan and storyline frequently, but as a none neutral, I do think every effort should be made to ensure neutral players have the opportunity to take part in as much new content as possible, like any other paying customer.

I find your assumption that design desicions are communicated with support staff flawlessly without fail ridiculous.

I merely pointed out that just because someone is a GM, they do not neccecarily know the first thing about game design desitions.

Did you also know that several GM's, most notably those that interact most with players, is based out of a completely different office than the designers?

The only trolling i have seen was done by you, but im somewhat biased since im the target :P
    Anyways, have fun trolling away.

Retired Doc Professional
    You gave no reason at all why content should only be added for Omni or Clan.
    You gave no reason why neutrals should be inferior to clan and omni regarding technology, items and quest.
    You want a reason?

Being neutral isn't a side. Clan v Omni is a 2 sided war, and being neutral makes you the 3rd party not involved in the war. Plain and simple. You can say "oh well neuts have enemies too", but its not relevant, in the grand scheme of things, to the omni v clan war. the new pvp content is to greater clan/omni in the RP aspect (and dont hand me this crap that RP is dead) and neuts getting this pvp thing does not add to this RP.

"oh well i pay for this content but im not getting it" - then go roll an omni or clan char, or change sides. you don't want to? then thats you're choice. you can switch sides (and should be able to above level 200+) or roll another char.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast