Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kill Libra

Well, I wouldn't mind it turning out to be "kill the beast"...there are several items in the game that are currently "overcamped" that could do with an alternative method of getting. Would the quest be worth the effort of getting on the KT of any of these mobs if the reward was a burden? Hmmm...I think so. I also would hate to see any bot devolve into having to pay points to be on the KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    Hard quest.. yes. Risk VS Reward.. not present. If we must bid points to get in the KT of beast.. this makes it one of the longest quests in the game, hardest to accomplish really as far as quests are concerned.. the reward should be HUGE for completing this.. and there's nothing "new" in the DB that warrents such a hard quest for no new reward.
    what is hard to bid points to get in KT?
    + you have chance to kill beast today ... it's FFA, so go on

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Well, I wouldn't mind it turning out to be "kill the beast"...there are several items in the game that are currently "overcamped" that could do with an alternative method of getting. Would the quest be worth the effort of getting on the KT of any of these mobs if the reward was a burden? Hmmm...I think so. I also would hate to see any bot devolve into having to pay points to be on the KT.
    so you think that reward should be 6x burden 1 each for KT team?

so how you solve KT at bot? You will just say all on beast and the best team will win loot rights? I think that there are few adds which have to be killed .... ahh I forgot that's zerg power, if adds kill some1 it's not problem, beast will die anyway.
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Paja View Post

so you think that reward should be 6x burden 1 each for KT team?

so how you solve KT at bot? You will just say all on beast and the best team will win loot rights? I think that there are few adds which have to be killed .... ahh I forgot that's zerg power, if adds kill some1 it's not problem, beast will die anyway.
    If they all have done the quest, then yes. Of course, if the quest is to kill the beast, nobody has said if that would be the last step. Considering FCs intention for pande is for org friendliness, not BOT-zerg friendliness, they would have no problem creating a quest that would turn out very rewarding, while at the same time throwing a small wrench into the current onslaught of zerg-BOTs power.

Is that too hard to comprehend, or do you want to go on thinking people are saying FC should hand over the phatz? Camping a mob for half a year on zerg bots is not a challenge; doing a quest with org or friends poses more fun and possibily a better challenge, even if it's accomplished in only a week.

Until we know what reward really is, is pointless to debate its worth it or not.

And as far as i remember, i saw a trader reporting "mission completed" in hellcom raid on Libra today, and i doubt he was in KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    Hard quest.. yes. Risk VS Reward.. not present. If we must bid points to get in the KT of beast.. this makes it one of the longest quests in the game, hardest to accomplish really as far as quests are concerned.. the reward should be HUGE for completing this.. and there's nothing "new" in the DB that warrents such a hard quest for no new reward.
    I would consider a 500mil MBC worth it (well you get a nodrop version).... no idea if that is the reward but it would be appropriate.

it would be bull****. my guess is the reward is the +20 ring. think of it as a mini burden, buffwise that is.

Jamison "SOMMX" Twenty :: 220/22 Atrox Fixer :: Status - Reborn.

Original "SOMM" Evil :: 216/18 Opifex Fixer :: Status : Stripped.

The +20 ring is the reward for this much much easier quest: http://aowiki.de/One_Who_Asks_The_Un..._the_scientist

I wouldn't be surprised if the reward for this beast quest was the profession specific wen-wen's they put in the database a few patches ago.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Paja View Post
    Obviously coming from someone who has burden and many pande loots already.. and doesn't have much to save for... Think from other's perspective for once and you'll see "Ah yes, adding another thing to the point list is rediculous"

And for FFA, I wouldn't say that is the easiest thing either.. I don't mind it not being easy, but the reward must be just (doubtful that it is)

I'm not saying it should be easy, but don't you agree that it is rather difficult to quest an 18 hour spawn mob competing with 100s of other folk and 2 factions, and deserves loot that reflects this campfest? The reward must be huge, and something everyone can use (not a weapon etc..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    The +20 ring is the reward for this much much easier quest: http://aowiki.de/One_Who_Asks_The_Un..._the_scientist

I wouldn't be surprised if the reward for this beast quest was the profession specific wen-wen's they put in the database a few patches ago.
    Weren't the wen-wens dropping in 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Weren't the wen-wens dropping in 42?
    Main Gen in 42 is yet to be killed, so noone knows yet, but its very possible
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

this is digressing a bit ... but ... as someone who has camped a Burden, I would -support- Burden being a quest reward. Why? Because I know a ton of people who don't have it any may never get it.

Hell, being on the KT for Beast isn't something everyone's done ... so its not like it would make it easy.

It would just make it -possible- for those people. And while I would bemoan my time spent, I'd be very happy to see the "phat lewt" available to all who play. Its not going to make bad players good (as many who already have a Burden have proven ... you'll still be your normal uber selves. Other people will just finally have access to the same content we all pay for.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I don't think they would put Burden as a quest rewards O.o heh

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpbinda View Post
    Surley as its INFERNO quest's it should be KILL INFERNO mobs/dynas.?
    All I can say is BUMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    It's probably like the APF-Cores. At the start there was a huge demand for these items (esp. after apf42 got released as everyone ignored the warning to loot the damn things and to keep them in a backpack), but as soon as the bot administrator coded a complicated raffle into the bot the items start rotting again as most people have it.
    Aw don't remind me I still have eye strain from coding that.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

The idea of Pande quests has always been something I liked.

But, IMO, they should have been for NEW mobs, that weren't already claimed by zerg raids. In new areas perhaps, or accessible via a new portal that takes you to a spot in Pande that is rarely used ... though to avoid messing with the current raids it would probably need to be a new island unless there are islands that are unused now and don't have portals to the Beast (ie, don't let you bypass the gauntlet on the way there).

Aren't most of the new quests using new mobs? Not new mob types, but newly placed static mobs?

Leaving a final quest for the Beast (but not needing to be on the KT ... maybe you only get it if you click on the portal back to RK, hence "proving" you've helped kill the Beast) makes sense for storyline. The rest should have been new mobs.

I have this feeling the quest writers might not play much on the "real" servers and are probably removed from the message boards, and so didn't have enough idea of what goes on out here.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Heh I believe teh reward for this is the item to upgrade the SPB with the LoA ....from everything I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by Blackruby View Post
    Heh I believe teh reward for this is the item to upgrade the SPB with the LoA ....from everything I've heard
    no, that's from a different quest.

well whatever it is, if it's a burden it would be cool >>

but being a doc, the chances of me getting on a dteam is kinda low as is unless deteam requests a doc, whereupon ill go "MEMEMEME"

of course, tank team i can get into if no other docs outlevel me in the bot and im in when teams being made, but tank team getting loot is kinda rare unless dteam slacks like crazy

If this quest is as stated then its pretty silly. The "quest" will be to get in the kill team to do something thats done x times a week. While it could be arranged so that certain people get the chance, its not a quest, its a mechanic.

I cant see how "do something u already do regularly but arrange it a bit differently" = a quest.

on test now:

Patch Notes 16.3.3
    - You are no longer required to kill Libra, but need to bring back an item from his remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    on test now:

Patch Notes 16.3.3
    - You are no longer required to kill Libra, but need to bring back an item from his remains.
    Arf, gotta hurry up with that then Atm 6 people can do it at once, just need to be lucky and win roll to get in kill team. Guess it'll drop just 1 item after patch.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast