Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Kill Libra

Is the item that libra drops the same as the item reward for the "kill libra" quest?

If so, it sounds like we can get 9 completes per kill, as long as there are 6 people around with the old mission running.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    Is the item that libra drops the same as the item reward for the "kill libra" quest?

If so, it sounds like we can get 9 completes per kill, as long as there are 6 people around with the old mission running.
    I seriously doubt that is FC's intention otherwise they would give u a choice of which mish to take.

In fact i wouldnt be entirely suprised if FC started calling using the old mish an exploit
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I foresee an emergency downtime and "fix" and 30 day ban to the "exploiters"

......... I wouldnt be surprised either
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonoc View Post

And just for the record, three items dropped, so thats 3 less than with the old quest. So instead of a "fix" we got a "nerf" which is rubbish, Ive been raiding Beast a lot for a long time and Ive seen the MA star drop twice so I was hoping that I actually might have a chance to get it now, but good job FC, you really put a stop to that, lets make it more timeconsuming and more tedious than it already is.

"Lets not have any of that "fun" thing in our game for god sake, people might start enjoying it!"
    Well, for technicalities sake, it is still less timeconsuming/tedious than it was before, for an individual. It's still less timeconsuming/tedious for the whole population than it was before the libra quest at all. 2 methods of getting something > 1. Simple math in this case.

Regardless, they went the wrong direction

OK, so info that was embargoed before patch went live is that Libra drops three (3) activation cards. So instead of possibly 6 ppl in a kill team getting the item, it is down to three and probably means rolling with points.

Now that just can't be right. Even trox brains like mine realized that such a change is a step back. If however, 6 ppl in dd team + 3 none dd team ppl gets the actication card, that would be news worth mentioning.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

The old quest does still update... sort-of. Was in a Libra KT earlier, the mission "updated" & spawned the activation code, but I had to go back to ergo & pull the mission again & then hand the code in as the "update" actually just deleted the mission. Haven't tried doing the beast part yet, don't need the SK or the star.

Important Comparison Between Old And New Kill Libra Quests

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat View Post
    not kidding, it's a quest objective....

can you say "banned from Beastchat"?
    Yes, indeedy, they can and did. ..... So to help the rest of the Omni player community on RK2 avoid what just happened to me because of an honest confusion about exactly WHICH QUEST you have running at the time the Libra KillTeam is chosen, I am presenting the very subtle information you need to be in the right place at the right time doing the right thing to get this quest accomplished. And no, you are not stupid if you are confused about this, as was suggested to me by one particular boorishly crass player after last night's Libra zod Beastchat raid.

Let me state clearly that I think that what Beastchat has worked out for this quest is a very good solution and is very workable and fair. Kudos also to Ragingangel for helping devise a workable solution to begin with (I did read that above!). It is not the bot's fault if this quest has become extremely confusing. When FC revised these quests, they neglected to mention that you must READ THE CHANGES TO THIS QUEST VERY VERY VERY CAREFULLY before you make a move in Beastchat or any other Pande raidbot.

When the KillTeam is being rolled, I present the information YOU need to be able to choose how you will participate in this Zod/Quest as it exists today.
    ================================================== ======
    This one is the OLD one:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicMeg View Post

Get the Activation Code to Ergo
    Description:

Ergo believes he has found an error in the Security Unit Modification program, and wants you to get the Activation code for the failsafe program he has built in. To get this, you need to kill Libra, who Ergo set to protect the code.

Kill Libra
    Bring activation code to Ergo
    ================================================== ==
    and THIS one is the NEW one:
    Description:

Ergo believes he has found an error in the Security Unit Modification program, and wants you to get the Activation code for the failsafe program he has built in. To get this, you need to kill Libra, who Ergo set to protect the code.

Get hold of the activation code and bring it to Ergo
    ================================================== ==

Now lets look at the two versions carefully. The old version requires you to be on the KillTeam (not mentioned in quest), and it spawns the needed code piece in your inventory upon Libra's death. This line indicates you must be part of the KillTeam: To get this, you need to kill Libra, who Ergo set to protect the code.
    and Kill Libra. At the end of the OLD version, after Libra dies, the Activation Code spawns automatically in your inventory. So that means six updates if everyone in the KillTeam has the OLD VERSION. The only OLD questholders who will update are those on the KillTeam.

The new version unfortunately has the exact same line: To get this, you need to kill Libra, who Ergo set to protect the code. But wait a minute....the very next line in the old version says...Kill Libra, but the new version doesn't say that. But it does say "kill" above... doesn't it? Am I supposed to Kill Libra on the KT, or just be in the area and roll for one of the Activation Codes in the loot? In this version it is my understanding that you only need to be there, target/attack Libra and win the lootroll for the Activation Code.

The question being asked hurriedly in Beastchat was: "Does your mission say Kill Libra?" Well, yes it does, actually. Totally unclear. And during the quick few minutes just prior to rolling for KillTeam spots, even having read all the patch notes wasn't going to help you figure out if you had the new version or the old version. Everyone kept asking does it say Kill Libra? Well YES IT DOES. Therein lies the massive confusion.

I read the walk-thru's on various websites as usual (which btw are now out of date and potentially misleading for this quest). I do read the forums daily, esp. new posts. I did know there was a patch late last week. I read what the patchnotes said. NONE OF THAT SPOKE TO WHETHER I HAD THE OLD VERSION OR THE NEW VERSION. So I still didn't know until I could make the comparison side by side, word by word while chatting with Ragingangel later. I have been working on this quest for over a week on and off, and I honestly had no idea when I updated to Step 3. So I spent a lot of time after the raid trying to work thru what remedies would work.

CRITICAL SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPERS TO FIX THIS QUEST:
    1. Put some prominent indicator on the quest step 3 (Get the Activation Code to Ergo) that this is the REVISED VERSION #XX so every player knows quickly which exact version he/she has. This also will enable bot RaidLeaders to quickly inform the raidgroup exactly WHO can roll to be on the KillTeam and WHO can roll for the loot, and that all could be done with the same roll if we knew how many lootable Activation Codes would be on Libra. This could all be done prior to starting the raid and would clearly indicate who could kill/update and who could loot/update. Indicating version number would have to be a permanent action, just like the Reclaim Terminals have to stay ingame for those few who haven't logged on in forever... because they MIGHT.

2. Increase the number of Lootable Activation Codes to SIX, the same number as the KillTeam or some other firm number per spawn (see point #1 above). Eventually, there wont be a need for the KillTeams at all when all the old versions of the quest have been updated, so to keep the number of successful quest updaters the same, this change is critical. This has been mentioned above. The hypothesis here is that (like the datacores on APF generals or Glyph of the Arcana) they will eventually go a-begging with no problem getting the update at all if you have it running as the roll-spots won't be contested hotly. Having SIX Activation Codes will not flood the "market" with Profession stars as you must have the quest running anyway.

Making just those two changes to this quest would prevent a lot of confusion and hurt feelings amongst the player base. This problem will persist as there is no timer on the quest, so there is not an ending to "old questholders" as there would be if it were indeed a timed quest where you just wait for all possible holders to time-out.

We are here to have FUN, right? Last night was not fun for me, and I am posting this because I never want another player to go thru that.
    Mahrii, 220/19/50, General, Ive Got Your Back (recruiting)

what i can't understand is if they think they "fixed" this stupid quest. cause they made it way worse...
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

Hah

Yeah, well, this all sure made my week. I have never been banned for anything in the entire time I played AO until Sunday.

Gosh, I might have to go do RK missions for tokens on my toons or something productive. Peace.

I'm guessing the theory is that over time the demand for the Libra item will go down. In APF, the generals drop 10 data cores. People were told from day 1 that they should collect data cores from each sector, but when Sector 42 was introduced everyone just had to have a data core.

After a couple months the demand for data cores dropped off, and more than four people needing one is a bit rare.

With only 3 items dropping, it's going to take significantly longer for the demand to drop off. Best bet it to up the number of items dropped significantly, at least to six so the new mission matches the old mission, but higher wouldn't be bad either. Then monitor how many are looted and reduce the number dropped later.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

THREE Activation Codes only? Bad idea

If by fixing the quest, the number of "winners" for the activation codes goes DOWN from six to three, that will just extend the pain and torment for those who want to finish this particular quest. It is my understanding that Rimor Omni NEVER has the option of "soloing" in Pande because all the zod raids are under Beastchat 24/7 for the entire week. This could create a worse bottleneck then now exists actually. What a mess.

Oh, all that drama, wow....................

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    I'm guessing the theory is that over time the demand for the Libra item will go down. In APF, the generals drop 10 data cores. People were told from day 1 that they should collect data cores from each sector, but when Sector 42 was introduced everyone just had to have a data core.

After a couple months the demand for data cores dropped off, and more than four people needing one is a bit rare.

With only 3 items dropping, it's going to take significantly longer for the demand to drop off. Best bet it to up the number of items dropped significantly, at least to six so the new mission matches the old mission, but higher wouldn't be bad either. Then monitor how many are looted and reduce the number dropped later.
    Hits the nail on the head, there's a bottleneck atm but given time it won't be so bad. Look to the plus side that now each time Libra dies it drops 3 beast stars, increasing the droprate on possible the most generally wanted items in pande massively.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The old quest does still update... sort-of. Was in a Libra KT earlier, the mission "updated" & spawned the activation code, but I had to go back to ergo & pull the mission again & then hand the code in as the "update" actually just deleted the mission. Haven't tried doing the beast part yet, don't need the SK or the star.
    I can confirm the "old" quest works from the "tag beast" part.
    I've done "kill libra" part pre-16.3.3 and completed the quest after the patch, worked perfectly.

You already have this unique item.
    Received reward: 0 SK, 1000000 credits.
    Mission accomplished.

Most anticlimactic quest ever.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    You already have this unique item.
    Received reward: 0 SK, 1000000 credits.
    Mission accomplished.

Most anticlimactic quest ever.
    Why on earth would you want to do a quest for something you already have? Not that 1 mil credits I hope

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456