Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: layers and new inferno mobs

regarding darkbane's post I would say it was not intended so IMO the question does not stand anymore ;p beside this fact allowing the devs to sleep a few hours (just 1 or 2) after yesterday emergency issue should be fair too;p
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Cocoon wasnt very useful pvm wise anyway - yes its great when it comes to pvp , but higher aliens/inf mobs/ pen mobs could cut thru it within few seconds. After this (i hope not intended) 16.3 change, its pretty much worthless.
    cocoon was very useful in pvm imo. especially for classes that offtank it would make you last for the entire duration of cocoon in some situations.
    or it can buy you that extra bit of time you need for the doc to heal you.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Well the cocoon nerf is bad but this effectively destroys an enfs solo abilities, better be a glitch!
    Warfaring 220/24 semi-retired through lack of need trox enf General of Avatars Reloaded
    Deathbycider 220/19 soli adv
    ninjawarf 138/8 opi ma
    warfengine 84/2 soli engy
    dwarfaring 44/2 trox agent
    lebensraum 60/2 trox sol
    shilbilly 190/9 nano mp Ci and cm whore
    pumpfaring 40/2 trox trader
    screwfly 32 opi shade
    septicsid 25 soli doc
    mastawarfa 25 nm nt
    Always expanding the empire!

Quote Originally Posted by warfaring View Post
    Well the cocoon nerf is bad but this effectively destroys an enfs solo abilities, better be a glitch!
    Enfs soloing capabilities are on par with the trader ones now. I expect an emergency patch any minute.
    Syy

I never said its not useful at all It saved my life many times . But in inferno 10k absorb isnt really a lot...

i'd prefer having an acrobat and not being hit at all if i had a choice , or NS and temp imortality

Anyway, lets stick to the topic.

I never said its not useful at all It saved my life many times . But in inferno 10k absorb isnt really a lot...

i'd prefer having an acrobat and not being hit at all if i had a choice , or NS and temp imortality

Anyway, lets stick to the topic.
    yu dont get it, its 10k in EVERY dmg type , because inf mobs hits yu in all of em your absorb is 80k virtually..

so yes thats quite a hit in any prof soloing capabilities that are using it..

How about all mobs?
    No, specifics are required if *anyone* is going to check this. And Ely Hecks were still multi-hitting rather blowing the "all mobs" idea out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    confirmed for me: all mobs over inf dragons, hiatlins, hecks, demons, sided... didn't check on other islands
    That's a little better, but the devs will need MOB names and levels to be able to check, so, at least give a few specific examples...

Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    regarding darkbane's post I would say it was not intended so IMO the question does not stand anymore ;p beside this fact allowing the devs to sleep a few hours (just 1 or 2) after yesterday emergency issue should be fair too;p
    No, if it's not intended, the question is *far* more relevant...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Jro View Post
    yu dont get it, its 10k in EVERY dmg type , because inf mobs hits yu in all of em your absorb is 80k virtually..

so yes thats quite a hit in any prof soloing capabilities that are using it..
    80k? I dont now what you are smoking but i want it too

It only lasts 30 seconds, so if you are attacked by the mobs able to deal 80k dmg within that time, they gonna get thru your cocoon with an eye-blink, no matter if they change dmg or not.

Im pretty sure its different from engineer's perspective, because we have no other defensive abilities at all (other then BR each 5 minutes), crappy evades and very limited hp.

Kk...well I wont be suicide pulling any hecks at the 255 anymore I guess...cocoon is very useful in PvM and if this issue with mobs (and possibly even players) hitting the cocoon with the same "dmg type" against any layers type shield in PvP you can forget leaving that perked at all...takes 2sec for bio to get owned by any ma that thinks and...bleh...that would be a nightmare ;p

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    No, specifics are required if *anyone* is going to check this. And Ely Hecks were still multi-hitting rather blowing the "all mobs" idea out of the water.
    I was refering only to Inferno, so far only been there after patch to check new looks etc. EVERY single mob out there uses only fire/rad dmg.

80k? I dont now what you are smoking but i want it too

It only lasts 30 seconds, so if you are attacked by the mobs able to deal 80k dmg within that time, they gonna get thru your cocoon with an eye-blink, no matter if they change dmg or not.

Im pretty sure its different from engineer's perspective, because we have no other defensive abilities at all (other then BR each 5 minutes), crappy evades and very limited hp.
    Yes and with cocoon you was able just to survive the moments when you have taken aggro from mobs instead of your bot and it has given you time to improve this situation somehow... but now you have lost the time to react...

In combination with BR you was able to survive pretty long having an aggro, but now it will be quite tough...

Because of this "improvement" engi starts to be just profession forced to be 100% dependant on the bot fighting capabilities and it looks for me quite boring future for engis...

No changes to old monster damage types.

Quote Originally Posted by Geriston View Post
    As you may have already noticed, starting 16.3.1 now all mobs do each a single type of damage instead of switching to chem/en/proj/etc. While this is kind of logical, it also means that now the effectiveness of all Layer effects (including Bio Cocoon) has been cut to 1/5th.

Example: A bio-cocoon worth 3200 layers can absorb 3200 of EACH type of damage before collapsing, so while fighting say, a heckler, that cocoon is worth around 16,000 damage all together as a heckler (as most monster-mobs usually did) switched damage type with each hit, now it seems all mobs do the same damage, so your 16,000-damage cocoon (aprox) has been cut to 3,200, and if you used to last around 6-15 seconds against a heck, you now last 2-3 seconds only.

Was this planned to lower the power levels of the game intentionally, or was this just an unforeseen aftereffect?
    Relentless Spirit - level 215 Inferno - Live RK1 Server

Relentless Spirit hit you for 1386 points of fire damage.
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 1611 points of fire damage.
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 1463 points of radiation damage.
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 1166 points of radiation damage.
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 3493 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 2379 points of fire damage.
    Relentless Spirit hit you for 1205 points of fire damage.

Seems like more than one damage type to me.

The amount of work involved in changing the damage type of ALL monsters is huge..and will never happen. I hope not too many people reset their perks based on this post.

Many new monsters were added to Inferno...and it is possible that some of them fight with a single damage type. If the new monsters use a single damage type then the poster is correct in his assessment that layers would be less effective.

Old monsters have not been changed.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Many new monsters were added to Inferno...and it is possible that some of them fight with a single damage type. If the new monsters use a single damage type then the poster is correct in his assessment that layers would be less effective.

And is it possible to say which one of these many new monsters are these with single damage type? Generally, does it mean that ALL of them or just a few of them???? It can make a big difference.... Thanks for reply Means.

tested in inferno- mob still did did multiple dammage types. bug fixed or still there?

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    tested in inferno- mob still did did multiple dammage types. bug fixed or still there?
    Never was a bug
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Philty View Post
    And is it possible to say which one of these many new monsters are these with single damage type? Generally, does it mean that ALL of them or just a few of them???? It can make a big difference.... Thanks for reply Means.
    Going to have to explore and find out for yourself :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Am I dreaming or did they actually nerf advies? Yayzor!!!!
    GeneticFreak
    [216/20] Martial Artist
    General of The Dojo

Songs for AO

just nerfing cocoon on some mobs is not nerfing advs

Issue is not new. In inf hard missions some mobs eat through cocoon like butter, same as some other random mobs. True, makes it a bit more of a challenge, but that is welcome as I see it.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Going to have to explore and find out for yourself :P
    Thanks for the reply which enlightened me with knowledge... Ok, you are right, we will see which are the bad mobbies...

But still there remains the question if it was the intention to nerf the cocoon users even at this limited scale of mobs, or if it is some not intended sideeffect of rebuilt inf zone..
    So easy question for you Means: Is it intended feature or not? (I hope that you will not force me to explore it too :-))

This seems very clear Philty. I really don't think Means will hold your hand for a walk arround inf.
    Last edited by GimpedX10; Aug 30th, 2006 at 12:43:21. Reason: Cant remember names worth dog dung.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast