Thread: Question: Mobs inside crippler cave, Nascence Wilds

Question: Mobs inside crippler cave, Nascence Wilds

The Crippler Cave's dungeon at Nascence Wilds was a good spot to get a Muld... errr.. Moldergolé... Mlodlegulog... this shotgun so I took my little trader there.

Well, it looks I should have done it one day earlier. Now, the dungeon only have 2 types of mobs: shadows (red and blue) and mortiigs (hmm that makes 3 types?). The spiders, cripplers, etc, are gone. 4 complete runs on the dungeon and no Mordinjilo... err... Murgudulu. Lots of pearls (that's nice) but no Mudurlugu. And why? Because it drops from the spiders that are gone!!!

My question is: was this intended or a patch collateral damage?

Thank you

P.S.: It's easy to check that the mobs spawn in the same number and spots previous to patch. On the fist floor shadows invaded the place. On the others floors mortiigs ownz it. Even the nice girders at boss room were pawned by the evil mortiigs.

They've changed static MOBs before, they'll likely do it again. Try different ones... maybe you'll find the MOBs your looking for elsewhere now.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Thank you, Darkbane.

I'll start looking elsewhere.

All the levelling I did in that cave on so many toons and never saw a Mudu drop.

Either way, there've always been cripplers up around the 2Mountain Hecklers too ... kitable even (they're sectioned off from the Hecklers a bit). Maybe you can find them there?
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

take a trip to teh relative redeemd/unredeemd dungeons, it seems to drop there ely and above, so mebbe nas too?

maybe they decided to remove the mobs which dropped pearls from the game because some companies were using those as a means to farm credits to sell on teh internet when the ingot nerf was brought in :\

that is, I used to go to the dungeons to get weird crystals, in ado once I used to see the same 2 people in one dungeon farming pearls allll day (this is rk2 btw), and the only mobs they would go after were vortex, malahs, cripplers, and spiders, which are the common mobs in dungeons of which drop pearls.
    Last edited by Blackruby; Aug 31st, 2006 at 00:05:42.

I saw lots of Mud drop there, Doctorhyde. I went there a little time ago (beginning of August) with my completely gimp trader and got 2 easily from the spiders. When I decided to remake the trader was to late. There's no spiders there or in any Nascence dungeon (I've check it).

The pearls continue to drop and with better rate then before the patch as mortiigs and specially the shadows drop it very well.

What's weird about this dungeon is that now (that's after the patch) there's only 2 types of MOBs, when in all the others it's possible to find some variety. (Another dungeon, at Core, changed also a little but only the spiders were gone)

used to spend a lot of time there myself, farming the pearls and patterns that dropped there and selling them as shopfood was how I made the cash for my first yalm. Seeing Mudurlugu's drop was a regular thing, and always told myself I'd have to come and grab one if I ever made a trader.
    Sad to hear about this stealth nerf, as not only the patterns, but ql 50ish Zealots used to drop from the spiders, and only the spiders in there. Seems there are a couple of things in the latest patch that make it harder for lowbies, which is a shame
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

Unhappy

There goes the golden chance for us to farm patterns as shopfood now Wanted to earn and save creds for the first jobe set. Wonder where else can a lvl 80 enfo goes for pattern hunting atm?

As a noob the options to make money on AO is swiftly norrowing to begging or ebaying...
    I'm begining to wonder if Funcom is planning on starting to sell credits also....

The drop rate on pearls still good in this dungeon maybe better then before the patch. So, it still a place to go for the credz and the xp (nice xp btw). And the boss drops gems for arul sabas.

The end of the spiders however nerfed (terminate?) the drop on Zealot's armor, Mudurlugu, shade tattoos and patterns. It was nice and free stuff for low level keepers/MPs, traders and shades, easy and fun to get.

It's not a big issue, it's just a little less of fun...

Head over to misty dreams boarder. Not the static but the actual place i saw a few of the spiders your looking for over there.