Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Etheral Implant of Berserker Rage hitting 1K on zoning

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    I think you missed a patch.You can no longer die in grid. Unless they unfixed it again very recently. Im perfectly aware that you used to die in grid all the time
    Aye it's impossible to die in the grid, I even /terminated and lost all my hp but didn't die

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    The fact that it could in theory kill the wearer obviously means its something we will at least take a look at and see if we should change it.
    Add the dmg done by zoning into areas with an enviromental DoT (like abyss, pen, inferno) on top of the 1k, and it is not only theory any more.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Just make it so that on playshift [I think this is the zoning flag? maybe?] you get hit for a 1k heal. This won't be abuseable since the effect is only meant to trigger on equip, and as such, when you equip it you will still get hit for 1k damage without the heal [since you're not gonna be playshifting and equipping at the same time, tehehe]. And, since the netgain would be 0 upon zone [1k heal then 1k damage]...

But, I'm not entirely sure that's what the playshift req does *shrug* Just a thought anyway.

Anyone noticed that the advy SL maps DONT get removed from your NCU when zoning? Why not just do to this implant what you did to those nano's?

Oooor just remove that -1k max hp thingy. It already sux enough to loose MM, AAD and Heal delta++ ...
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

If KotE is anything to go by, the don't dissapear when you die either, Just like the nano to enter Elysium P7. I see a connection >_>
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

-1000K hit on area change is useless because i'd say this was a PVM item.. like for Raids and Damage whores etc.. no one will use this for PVP (which would of been tricky) For those BackYard huggers and meepers!! Useless might aswell remove i'd say, after all who's gona choose this over a vital/** L/arm Symbiant.

They should really have a "on equip" and "on zone".
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I'm just curious if some1 managed to die with this symb equipped to pop on reclaim with less then 1000 HP Must be real fun
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    I'm just curious if some1 managed to die with this symb equipped to pop on reclaim with less then 1000 HP Must be real fun
    I tried, and I don't think it's possible. There must be some order in which things are applied on reclaim, and this order has the 1K HP hit done in a time which is safe.
    In fact, getting killed by this symb was also not very easy, I had to have pretty low HP to begin with, and go in and out of the shop 3 times or so.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

In fact it's prety easy... You die, pop, let's say, in pande and run towards OA...
    1. Zone to Nasc garden
    2. Zone to Nasc, outside jobe
    3. Zone to Jobe
    4. Zone to Harbour
    5. Zone to Platform
    6. Zone to OA
    Note that you'll have 5-10 secs running between those zonings, so that's 6 very rapid zonings, somewhere near harbour you'll start wondering why the hell you are running very slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    In fact it's prety easy... You die, pop, let's say, in pande and run towards OA...
    1. Zone to Nasc garden
    2. Zone to Nasc, outside jobe
    3. Zone to Jobe
    4. Zone to Harbour
    5. Zone to Platform
    6. Zone to OA
    Note that you'll have 5-10 secs running between those zonings, so that's 6 very rapid zonings, somewhere near harbour you'll start wondering why the hell you are running very slowly...
    But...there is an OA gridpoint...why would you go through so many zones when you can jump off pande and just take the grid. I think that is the real question, forget about this silly berserker implant!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    But...there is an OA gridpoint...why would you go through so many zones when you can jump off pande and just take the grid. I think that is the real question, forget about this silly berserker implant!

A. If you die without your hhab on, you'll get burned while you try to jump

B. If you're clan, you might get killed by guards in HQ while still rezzing and at low hp.

C. If the aforementioned guards do agg you, you won't be able to use the grid terminal in HQ.

D. It only actually saves 2 zonings going from pande garden to OA.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

E. If you are clan you might get gnaked by omni title farmers
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post

Works for omnis, wouldn't work for clan for obvious and already stated above reasons. Not everybody have access to pande or saved in pande garden. You can ofcourse jump to RK from everywhere and then just run to the closest city, this I've tested and still 6 zonings is quicker for me.

Just a quick update - you can DEFINITLY die from this. I just did exactly what deniska suggested, not even on purpose. I jumped to omni HQ, got killed by guards, poped in pande, and started making my way to OA. I died 3 times in the way, each time popping back to pande, until I just sat down, got full HP, and retried it. It was gruesome.
    Please fix it.
    Last edited by muha; Sep 12th, 2006 at 15:03:18.

I suggest a counter like "killed by aliens".
    New counter "killed by Etheral Implant of Berserker Rage", please.

pfff, it's the ultimate anti-title hugger device

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Works for omnis, wouldn't work for clan for obvious and already stated above reasons. Not everybody have access to pande or saved in pande garden. You can ofcourse jump to RK from everywhere and then just run to the closest city, this I've tested and still 6 zonings is quicker for me.
    Obviously it won't work for those not saved in pande, but since I was replying to your post where you specifically stated you were saved in pande...=p

But yes, I am aware it's not quite as easy for clan Mainly just the agg problem really, which I think is silly. Why you can't use the grid while agged while you can zone in any other way is beyond me. Probably some silly RP reason of "if we transform you form to the cyber-i-ness of the grid while under attack, the particles effects from guns/slashing of swords may disrupt your neurons and you will suffer perma-death." Please FC, get real

Theres a simple fix for this bug, take the stupid imp off and stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwidow View Post
    Theres a simple fix for this bug, take the stupid imp off and stop whining
    How am I supposed to take the imp off at pande garden right after I die, which is where I usually pop?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast