Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release Announcement: Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer

Release Announcement: Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer

Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer lets you view existing AO planet maps without logging into the game. It also displays your character positions on the map. If you're multilogged, it'll plot all of them. You can also activate Overlay Mode, which makes the program stay on top of AO. Useful when you can't dedicate a screen to the program, for whatever reason.

More info
    Screenshots: (1.0.1) [Overlay Mode] [Multiple Characters]
    Screenshots: (1.2.2) [LCA Information] [Magnification] [Highlight of active character]
    Video: Preview

Downloads
    Installer: v1.2.4 (10.0MB) (recommended; will install all prequesites)
    Binaries: v1.2.4 (353.2kB)

Features
    • Display any planet map which is available within Anarchy Online
      • AO does not need to run in order to view maps, but AO must run for there to be any character locators to display
      • Place PMV on a secondary monitor, or switch to overlay mode to keep it on top of AO
    • Display character locators, names, and optionally dimension on map for all logged in characters
    • Display where a tracked character logged off (may be disabled by user)
    • Highlights currently played character (this can be disabled) [Screenshot]
    • Automatic map tracking
      • Active character; PMV will keep the currently played character in center of screen
      • Selected characters; PMV will attempt to keep user-defined characters on screen
    • Automatic switching between Rubi-ka and Shadowlands maps; If you zone to SL, SL map is displayed.
    • Magnification: Can quickly shrink or enlarge the active planet map. [Screenshot]
    • Plugins
      • TowerStatus: On-map display of current LCA (tower field) ownership, and recent attacks [Screenshot]. Automatically detects which dimension to display.

Requirements
    Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5
    Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Profile
    Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0
    Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP
    User Level: Administrator (this is required for getting character location info from AO)
    Graphics: A DirectX9-compatible graphics adapter

Credits
    Created by Demoder (demoder -at- demoder.me)

Map plotting algorithm
    Thanks to Vhab for turning a huge amount of data points into a formula which is useable to do accurate plotting on the map.
    Also thanks to Niniko for providing documentation on some of the concepts involved in this process.

Icon
    Thanks to Vhab for creating the icon, and to Onack for giving permission to use AoRK for icon generation.

Testing
    Thanks to Iriche, Jandorith, Nesual, Onack, Phooy and Vhab for extensive testing.

Found a bug? Please create a bug report, reply to this thread or send me a PM. Thank you!
    Please check out the project page for more information.
    Last edited by Demoder; Feb 8th, 2018 at 12:28:39. Reason: Updated installer/binaries links
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks, Demoder--I've been looking forward to this!
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Next up, a way for people to all connect to a server/bot and it plots everyone on there for everyone else.

Looks great cant wait to try it.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Great job Demo!
    does this thing read the map records from the game db or just the planetmap from the gui folder?

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Next up, a way for people to all connect to a server/bot and it plots everyone on there for everyone else.

Looks great cant wait to try it.
    very cool idea, but I suggest limiting to team/raid members.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

cooooooooooool. been watching this develop. very nice to see it released

I was gunna make something similar using the Google Earth style but hell, it looks like you've beat me to the punch and done it even better.

Definitely going to be using this, nice job.

EDIT: Suggestion for a feature, although I'm not sure how feasable this is. You have the mouse position in the bottom left, would there be any way for translating that into in-game co-ordinates? Maybe by measuring the size of a zone to it's ingame co-ords or something... I dunno lol.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:34:38.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

<3 <3 <3

This now means AO requires at least 3 monitors; game, map, browser
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Had the same thought myself
    Although to run the game in a 42" telly or have PMV going is the question.
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

I've hopefully recovered from yesterdays 14 hour coding marathon now; Only time will tell. There's some interesting suggestions here which are worth exploring; Please do keep them coming

If you don't have access to posting on AO forums, you can send me a PM over at AODevs or AOU instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phooy View Post
    Had the same thought myself
    Although to run the game in a 42" telly or have PMV going is the question.
    This is what Overlay Mode is for!
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 27th, 2012 at 15:51:02.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Nice work, Demoder.

Now if only this worked over a network...under mono...

PS. Little off-topic, but is there anywhere I could find a plain-english-ish progress update on Bot#?
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 27th, 2012 at 18:31:14.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Nice work, Demoder.
    Now if only this worked over a network...under mono...

PS. Little off-topic, but is there anywhere I could find a plain-english-ish progress update on Bot#?
    Thank you.

Mono support:
    This application relies on many native Windows calls in order to get information from AO, so I don't even know where to begin on supporting mono on other platforms.
    I can look into trying to get it to work with mono for windows though, but I don't really see the point as you're still locked to MS libraries by the XNA Framework, for not to mention Windows itself.

Bot#: See here.

Demoder, marry me!
    That basicly means thanks, awsome work (goes for all ppl involved ofc)

Btw, would it be possible to transfer stuff like mission markers etc?
    So if you got a mish somewhere the market would popup on the extra map as well.

While i'm asking for things, perhaps even move the small pf map there as well?
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 27th, 2012 at 19:02:45.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Thank you.
    No, thank you.

Mono support:
    This application relies on many native Windows calls in order to get information from AO, so I don't even know where to begin on supporting mono on other platforms.
    I can look into trying to get it to work with mono for windows though, but I don't really see the point as you're still locked to MS libraries by the XNA Framework, for not to mention Windows itself.
    I was thinking along the lines of the ability to run the viewer part remotely on my linux system. I suppose running it in wine would do the trick just as easily, though.
    Because Race Yalm

Pop erors and Ingame map download links

Great work. It is working for me even though it generates two types of popup errors.

I am running Windows XP with AO installed on the F: drive. I selected the path and it works fine except.

At start-up of AO client or your Map Viewer
    EasyHookSvc has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: remover.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:49b26ffe
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 ModStamp:49c4f482
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012afb

When I go to Shadowlands, I switch maps. If the map is Shadowland Spheremap_v1.0, I get repeated popups "Get popup Object reference not set to an instance of the object"

It works fine on AOMaps Atlas of Shadowlands v 0.93

Here are links to all the the ingame maps I use

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Great work.
    Thank you!
    It is working for me even though it generates two types of popup errors.

I am running Windows XP with AO installed on the F: drive. I selected the path and it works fine except.

At start-up of AO client or your Map Viewer
    EasyHookSvc has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: remover.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:49b26ffe
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 ModStamp:49c4f482
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012afb

When I go to Shadowlands, I switch maps. If the map is Shadowland Spheremap_v1.0, I get repeated popups "Get popup Object reference not set to an instance of the object"

It works fine on AOMaps Atlas of Shadowlands v 0.93

Here are links to all the the ingame maps I use

Thank you for the very detailed report! I'll look into this once I get some time to do so later today.

I notice I was missing AO shadowland map and did a fresh install. The repeated Object reference popups disappeared. The EasyHookSvc issue is still there

Just a suggestion, dunno if its doable, but, when you log out and have map viewer on, it could save the location where the toon is at offline and show it on the map too, with different color ofc
    Ciassene

I notice I was missing AO shadowland map and did a fresh install. The repeated Object reference popups disappeared. The EasyHookSvc issue is still there
    There's an error related to loading legacy planet maps. If the map file definition doesn't have a "CoordsFile" directive, the PlanetMap Viewer will error out on many operations. This is now corrected internally to load the default coords file if one isn't defined.

I've so far been unable to reproduce the error you're seeing with EasyHookSvc. I will try more tomorrow. In the meantime, I've sent you a PM asking for some more details about your system configuration, to try and track down the issue.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 1st, 2012 at 22:23:30.

JungleGeorgeRK2: I've tried everything I can think of to reproduce the bug you're seeing with EasyHookSvc, to no avail.

May I suggest attempting to reinstall the planetmap viewer? Make sure it and AO is not running when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Btw, would it be possible to transfer stuff like mission markers etc?
    So if you got a mish somewhere the market would popup on the extra map as well.
    This please, marker for every mission taken, so when I blitz loads of nanos I wouldn't have to right-click every mission to find next closest one. (Maybe even show potential mission locations while rolling?)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast