Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.7.0.20 Testlive Patch Notes

18.7.0.20 Testlive Patch Notes

Another large selection of changes appearing on TestLive that might deserve some discussion.

Link to full patch notes http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-20

Among the many changes in those notes, I'll focus on the 'Crat only ones in this thread.

Profession Changes

• Bureaucrat
    • Nano Pink Slip: Increased damage, additional damage if affected by Workplace Depression
    • Nano Intensify Stress: -60 Nano/Heal delta, +10% chance to interrupt nanos, -30 AAD
    • Nano Improved Red Tape: Doubles SkillLock and lowers Evade by 6% (Evade debuff currently hits the wrong target)
    • Nano Corporate Strategy: Increased duration
    • Reduced casting time of Anti-root nanos

Discuss!

EDIT for Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.0.21

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-21
    [*] Bureaucrat

Improved Red Tape will lower the target's Evade by 6%

This is a nice new change that's been posted in todays new patch notes!
    Last edited by Aiken; Feb 13th, 2015 at 20:21:18. Reason: Added info for 18.7.0.21
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Not hating it (Obviously not the most extreme changes though)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I like it.

Some obvious PVP related stuff there which isn't crippling but will certainly make it easier to make a kill for a crat - it could even open up some other builds that aren't so "artillery" heavy.

I guess the only positive thing I have to say is that by screwing up irt I can remove it from my primary hotbar to make room for pink slip.

Omg, more dd? Yus!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

getting my crat up to lv200..so far hoping so how i'll feel excited about these changes...and yet, I'm cluessless ^_^ .
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Are the new changes listed in addition to Genele's changes or are these the only changes going forward? Losing Red tape line makes me kind of sad.

From what i understand this is an addition to the other changes.. so crats will loose all blue init debuffs + nerf on workplace depression? can any1 confirm this? my crat is 218.. if my toughts are rights its not gonna be much fun as a crat :/
    Active chars - Moodypig, Msbish, Mensen, Mrbish

Never understood Nano interrupt well however
    Nano Intensify Stress: -60 Nano/Heal delta, +10% chance to interrupt nanos, -30 AAD

Could have gotten a higher %, only works on melee attacks so that would mean pets or other players. (Since 99% of the crats play ranged)
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Had a run on testlive and my main crat feels just fine... Debuffing is less of a hassle, and pink slip has 3 second recharge.... Thus small dd improvement. All is good in crat land.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Had a run on testlive and my main crat feels just fine... Debuffing is less of a hassle, and pink slip has 3 second recharge.... Thus small dd improvement. All is good in crat land.
    So u dont feel loosing init debuffs from workplace depression and red tapes affect crats for pvm/pvp? if i get it wrong crats lost the ability to debuff about 1500 inits.. seems pretty huge to me, but might be something ive missed..
    Active chars - Moodypig, Msbish, Mensen, Mrbish

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    So u dont feel loosing init debuffs from workplace depression and red tapes affect crats for pvm/pvp? if i get it wrong crats lost the ability to debuff about 1500 inits.. seems pretty huge to me, but might be something ive missed..
    we've seen this coming for a long time.

Damage mitigation is the name of the game and there's many other methods to it.

Sorry for intruding but can any of the crats on test tell me if Zeal stopped landing (resist, not counter!) on bosses?

It seems to now be on the same line as UBT instead of being on that + the mp debuff line A, which could affect which mobs it lands on.

I know the lower level Malaise nanos get resisted but I couldn't gear up a crat to test with yet (since I have 2-3 other professions to get busy with already).
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

if I recall correctly, there were some problems with it.

a few things - but I don't know yet if these have been adjusted, but:

1. malaise got moved into UBT line
    2. a LOT of endgame bosses have high UBT resist
    3. as logically follows from 1&2, many endgame bosses have high malaise resist
    4. malaise also went from a 90% check to a 100% check

Which basically made it very difficult to do any init debuffing as a crat - but this was on Beta. No idea if these issues are still persisting.

Thanks McKnuckle, that was my exact thought process on this!

So.. to answer my own question I geared a crat on test on alphas and all the sweet stuff.. and went to Mitaar because I remember UBT not landing there while Zeal would (If my memory fails then please correct me on this one).

It doesn't land in the current 18.7 testlive branch, it's simply resisted like UBT. It shouldn't be a huuuge issue and having a bit less dependency on -inits would be cool.. but I can easily imagine a lot of angry people with torches soon given the amount of crats on live.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 13th, 2015 at 08:35:24.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Ubt, or rather all of the nanos in that line, need to land on all the mobs in game starting from now so what michi needs to do is remove immuniity from all mobs for that particular line or simply create a new nanoline and move all init debuffs there, witchever is less work for him is an acceptable solution from my perspective.
    Having mobs that are totally immune to init debuffs is not a sane option.

Im assuming he'll get to it eventually.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 13th, 2015 at 10:34:38.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    It shouldn't be a huuuge issue and having a bit less dependency on -inits would be cool.. but I can easily imagine a lot of angry people with torches soon given the amount of crats on live.
    I'll probably be kinda like one of those angry crats... I use my crat mainly for initdebuffs, and I believe that's the reason my crat is wanted in teams in pvm. What I am wondering is what are crats left with; what is our role now ? Is it only LMN and mezzes, and that's it ? Are we becoming a hybrid of traders and doctors, only without heals and drains ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I've made my opinion on the loss of debuffs abundantly clear...It's a terrible idea!

Debuffing was a Class Defining factor for me & to see their removal is annoying, for lack of useful swear words to explain it.

I don't want my favourite class to be as boring to play as most of the other professions! I liked debuffing, it always felt like there was something to do...Now however, that's just not true any longer...

I won't even touch on the Crats ability to solo effectively now...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Waaaait, malaise is now like Ubt? Ouch, that is an epic nerf. prettz nuch makes shade top debuffer and DD.

@Jihnna: A well played crat will still be the top damage dealer in most teams/raid forcer in RK/Aliens and close to that in SL. Comparing yourself to traders and docs (whose damage output is usually rather low by comparison) isn't realistic.

@Aiken: Solo'ing what, specifically? I took my 90% nub crat out for a run of some Inferno dynas (some of the harder ones too.. but didn't go as far as bigots) and had no trouble whatsoever. I say nub because my crat on Live is 175 and I lack a lot of experience in the profession..
    Malaise now does 1.4k instead of 1k and Workplace Depression no longer init debuffs. It still should be well enough for solo'ing, maybe not in all-out dps gear but that makes sense anyway.

@Cratertina: Yes. Malaise is like UBT on the current 18.7 iteration AND Workplace Depression no longer init debuffs either. We need more pvm crats on testlive so I can play my Doc instead and we can go see how good/bad things are..

That said, it's good for professions to have unique twists.. so long as we get away from clear superiority a chosen few have enjoyed for quite a while when it comes to getting a team.
    We tend to rely too much on certain things and people seem to have forgotten how to play without them.. massive (3-6k depending if you're counting procs landing temporarily or not) init debuffs just happens to be one of those.. let's see where we're headed, though. Might be that nanoforcer has the right idea here and UBT/Zeal will land on everything. It still makes Zeal obsolete whenever a Doctor is present, but with the coming of some better healing hybrids things COULD work out fine.

I'll elaborate because I'm sleepy:

<daydreaming>
    Two team comps with equal success rate and LFT desirability assuming similar player skill:

T1: MA (zazen heal+minor DD), Adv (tank/minor heals), Crat (debuff/dd), NT (dd/minor debuff), Soldier (dd/reflect/tanking if things go wrong), MP (DD and complimentary heals/cc from pets)

T2: Doc (heals+minor DD), Shade (dd/minor debuff), Fixer (dd/hots), Agent (dd/something cool from FP.. debuffs or heals?), Engineer (dd+smaller reflects+blind), Enforcer (tanking/minor dd).

I've left out Keepers and Traders for the sake of 6-man teams but they could be in the place of any dd/buff/debuff prof and be equally viable.

Would be awesome if this was a reality and the major/minor DD were within a reasonable margin (30%?) of each other, as every prof would be welcome in any team without losing the uniqueness they're supposed to have.
    </daydreaming>
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>