Thread: Silirrion, this "Trick Boots-thread" got your name on it.

Silirrion, this "Trick Boots-thread" got your name on it.

Greetings, Sil' and fellow forum members!

I've been searching forums for "trick boots" and read through all in-forum threads (with trick boots references) as well as googling to no use.

Nobody seems to have any useful answers at all. Some think they may drop from aliumz, others say they may be found in SL chests.

However, the key word here is "may", nobody "knows".

Has anyone actually seen these boots ingame? Anyone got 'em? If they actually drop in SL, where can they be found? In static dungeons? In what part of SL do they drop?

Sil, are we able to get these boots in game or are they not available? You don't need to say how and specifically where to get them. However, would appreciate either a "No, these can't be found ingame. They are withdrawn from loot-tables" or "Yes, these can be found in SL, but I won't say where".

So, to sum it up:

Sil: Answering if these are ingame/we are able to get these or not would be highly appreciated.

All others: Anyone who have info about these, please speak up. If you're just guessing, please don't post at all.
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

They drop from the mob that stands next to the mob that drop galactic gems.

Oh that one, you need a raid of 100+ level 230/30ai/40le/72newexppack1/160newexppac2 to kill him though. :O

Retired Doc Professional
    theres lots of items in the db that arent in game

Quote Originally Posted by aomainframe.info
    Disclaimer: This data is raw and may show items that do not appear in-game. Please do not use this data to whine at Funcom if items don't show up. Have fun. =) Friendly questions, comments, and bug reports are welcome to jaydestar@hotmail.com
    if you cant find 'useful information' on an item, chances are its not ingame.

the best bet would be to join a helpful org who knows what their doing. usually they can guide you along things like this
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    theres lots of items in the db that arent in game

if you cant find 'useful information' on an item, chances are its not ingame.

the best bet would be to join a helpful org who knows what their doing. usually they can guide you along things like this
    Thanks for making the first serious answer in this thread. I think I'm in an org that know what they're doing, members are helpful as well as the org has "been around" for quite some time. However, sometimes it's hard to say if an item is "broken", not in-game or just not only discovered yet. Compare with the CoH chest-issue that FC refuses to give a clear answer on.

Would appreciate an official answer from FC, but I guess that won't happen and the sad part is that I really can't understand why?

For the record, I've been around for quite some time. Being born in '74 and been playing computer/video games since late 70's early 80's I've seen lots of good games come and go on various platforms. But I still have to yet see another game in which the communication between the producer and its customer base is so erratic. Sometimes you get full coverage and detailed answers, some times you're just met with silence or cryptic answers. And I don't think the lack of answers in this case is because I'm being offensive, rude or using a bad language or attitude. Although I apologize for any misspelled words or grammar errors, English isn't my native tongue, as you may already have noticed.

I've never been approached this way as a paying customer no matter if we're talking other games, or products or services. I'm myself working with business relations and have so done in my last three employments since 1997 and I really can't see how FC's ways of doing things and their nonconsistent way of communication in any way do them nor the player base any good.

There's a reason why players are still around playing AO and it's not because of the graphics nor the customer support given by FC, (or not given, depending on how you look at it). I think many other players including myself play AO because of its very complex nature and its vast number of possibilities. Sure, the graphics was good a long time ago, it's not today, but it's still doing its job. What still is very good though, I think is the music score, which creates an awesome atmosphere. But to get to the point, we like AO because you really always got something to learn, something to look forward to. AO is very complex and that's why it's so popular. The difficulty, the many levels etc, make you look forward to keep getting better and it's a good thing that this really takes time, compared with many other games.

PvM-wise I guess AO is still very good and fun. But talking about PvP I think FC is destroying for themselves and for us players what they've been building up over the past years. Making PvP too fast (in BS for example), nerfing evades/defense (yes, I'm MA so I'm a bit of a "disqualified witness" in this issue) they're ruining the fun part of the PvP in AO. When there's no difference between the gimp noobs and twinked oldtimers who know what they're doing, you take away the incentive for old and new players alike to improve their toons and equipment. You also take away those hours invested by the oldtimers, not a very friendly act of handling if you ask me, not to say disrespectful, even.

I'm neither a gimp nor a twinked player. I've got a full time job, girlfriend, sportstraining, several interests outside AO etc, etc so I can't play as much as I want, even though gf thinks it's way too much as it is. Anyway, I'm still playing this game because I love it. Even though its outdated graphics and graphics engine it's still among the best games I've ever played and also very addictive. (Good graphics doesn't automatically make a good game, but it's a bonus.)

How come this is true? Well, this far Anarchy-Online has been like poker or chess or any other good and fun game and CLASSIC game. It's easy to learn well enough to get going, but it'll take a very long time to master. This is really the recipe for a great game. However, now FC wants to make it too easy, they're trying to make it "too" accessible, too easy, but what they're missing is that if they do that, they make AO way less fun and this is where they're heading PvP-wise at the moment being. I hope they will start to listen, perhaps not to me nor the 12-year old whiners, but to the veterans that still are in-game.

To sum it up, I love AO as much as my gf hate that I put so much time playing it. I do think FC in the core is a good company, but perhaps need to rethink their customer relations strategies and see how they can improve their ways of communication. I truly think Sil is a good guy, but I don't see why different issues and questions are being handled with so shifting "quality"? Perhaps it's because of lack of time, perhaps it's because of something else?

Finally, the latest patches have been very good, fixing old issues, giving us better equipment, making PvM-better, but the PvP is broken at the moment. I sincerely hope that FC will keep going, trying to enhance the game. None is perfect, I'm not and FC neither. When I do mistakes, I try to correct them and I hope FC will try to correct theirs.
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...