Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    Demoder is working on a new map/gui patcher written in C# instead of php and its starting to look good. She is working on loads of other projects and this isnt the most prioritized one, but a new updater is coming.
    I never really looked into this, but I think there are several applications available that can create "byte patcher" packages; since they only contain the parts of the new file which are different from the previous version, their size can be a fraction of the whole file to be patched.
    It would remain to be seen how well could this be applied to image files which may completely change from version to version due to the internal data compression of the image format itself.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

That's kinda how my patcher works.
    Some info about AO planetmaps: The .bin file is a series of 128x128 px image files representing the final map.

May patcher basically recognizes images in a .bin file, generate a file representing this structure, and export the whole thing as a "patchserver".
    The patcher on the users end basically indexes everything in the respective subdirectory in the users PlanetMap directory, "decompiles" the .bin file, find out which images are missing and download only those.
    This makes it not require separate patch definitions for the various versions, as it generates them on the fly, so to speak.

The patcher is only effective with non-lossy compression formats (such as png), since lossy formats will generate a different result every time you compress the same image.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 15th, 2010 at 10:25:46.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Please Funcom, built in this fantastic map in the game. So new users will not be lost when they first try AO.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Ah, didn't know AoLoX was integrated into AoSL, is good to know, thanks

As far as download managers go, does anyone know of a decent on? the one the comes with Firefox isn't all that great :/

Loses source file locations a lot; and makes you start the download all over again.
    SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK!

Lilsneaky - 216 Opi Agent - Endgame Coming Soon!

Proud Squad Commander of Carpe Nox Noctis

Quote Originally Posted by BodomBeachTerror View Post
    Ah, didn't know AoLoX was integrated into AoSL, is good to know, thanks

As far as download managers go, does anyone know of a decent on? the one the comes with Firefox isn't all that great :/

Loses source file locations a lot; and makes you start the download all over again.
    I've been using the open source Free Download Manager for years now and recommend it:

Free Download Manager
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

"What is Free Download Manager? It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license."

Works fine up on Windows up through Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

I download a lot of stuff (all legal!) and so it gets used quite a bit here. Works very well.

JMO

Bug report!

Hey,

I notice in Lower Scheol, next to Haxxor and Roxxor, your map says "Clutching Light", but ingame, it's "Cutching Light" without the L. Just a minor niggle but thought I'd report it for completeness the map itself is quite uber.

Edit: It's lower not upper, always get the two mixed up.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Aug 29th, 2010 at 11:48:33.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Just don't ask me about Cutching ;p I know about clutching though!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

On Scheol's Yutto's Knowledge Quest steps 26 and 27 are wrong way around. Should be fixed as this is a quest with needs speed...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I'll check it out, I know that atleast the altitude plates 9,10,11 do have a random order, this might be for other parts too.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Hey,

I notice in Lower Scheol, next to Haxxor and Roxxor, your map says "Clutching Light", but ingame, it's "Cutching Light" without the L. Just a minor niggle but thought I'd report it for completeness the map itself is quite uber.
    It seems that there is an issue with AO itself in this regard...

Pos: 748.4, 1172.6, 180.0, Area: Clutching Light. Time: 2010-09-15 12:46:02 (UTC)

So, both Cutching and Clutching are actually used. Cutching is on the statue, plus on Sphere map so I guess that's why I thought that was the "real" one. Well, it remains a mystery then which to use.
    Ranged roxxorz!

I have not given up, here is a update of my latest work
    http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/images/enhanced_inferno.PNG

The brown/red crashes a bit with the earlier green, but someday all of inferno will be its correct color, not green.

The correct color of inferno is relative to your graphics settings.
    Go to sorrow outlook & check with 16bit, 16/32 and 32bit colors.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Scheol quest, jobe scientist step 24; Twisted shadow and Toxic shadow have their descriptions switched.

Toxic should be DNA sample, and Twisted should be the gravitational metal sphere description.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Are there working mirror sites for AoRK and AoSL? The site behind aomaps.com seems to be down atm.

http://mireiawen.net/Files/Maps/ and http://us1.mirror.jolt.fi/mireiawen.net/Files/Maps/ should have latest maps, unless its changed recently.

Btw, I noticed that Excalibur's End is not marked on AoSL, the Sword in the Stone at the southern tip of Eastfang.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Hosting server was reinstalled and updated to lastest version of programs/services, why it was down a day. I didn't even know this before now because I was not home. Good to see someone got mirrors

Btw, I noticed that Excalibur's End is not marked on AoSL, the Sword in the Stone at the southern tip of Eastfang.
    Fixed, marked Sword in the Stone as important object

AoSL:
    Scheol Knowledge of the Yuttos step 42 is twice (Sifnos and Kalymnos)
    Sagittarius is written as Sarigattus

AoRK:
    195 dynaboss at Mantis Hive is moved west to 1765, 2835
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    AoSL:
    Scheol Knowledge of the Yuttos step 42 is twice (Sifnos and Kalymnos)
    Sagittarius is written as Sarigattus

AoRK:
    195 dynaboss at Mantis Hive is moved west to 1765, 2835
    Fixed, fixed and fixed

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm that Razor the Battletoad pattern piences drops from Maar and Death Wing(and slithers around). I've kinda got confirmed that Xark drops from the same, but I've not been able to confirm it myself. So a confirmation on that would been apricated too.

AoSL v0.9 is now in betatesting and should be out not too far in the future.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast