Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please fix AFK on BS

Please fix AFK on BS

thats simple - you cant use manual AFK if you under attack.

this not sploit discussion, just suggestion to adding in to patchnotes
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Agree.

The auto-afk was invented and brought IG to reduce the numbers of leecher on the BS. At the beginning it was a nice idea and I thought that things would go better now. Reality nowadays has nothing to do with this idea anymore.

- Leechers are still leeching. It is easy to eat, talk with your friend etc and hitting only one key to avoid this kickdown. Rumors say that some of them got Scripts for this... But... rumors... *cough*

- Newbiebunnyplayers with AS but no skill are now loved ! Farming dmg and gain one Title after the other but then when they are under attack and in danger to be asskicked by a Player in titlerange.... [use macro /afk]. Zoning up again - new try, new luck.

I like ganking. I like farming titles, absolutely. But THIS kind of unfair play it far too much to accept. Its not directly a Sploid (each inventor of this goddamn stuuupid idea must have known this - otherwise... omg) so I think we can talk about this without flaming, blaming and so on. The fact is that this possibility of titelsaving is unfair playing - me and very many of my orgmates and friends feel griefed by this. Kinda... yes, for us its harrasment. " Fight with your skill, die with honour! "

Please Sil and Co. do something about this. Don´t let AO get even more and more unfair and unbalanced then its allready is.

Best regards
    Dumonde RK III
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

If people are willing to go to the back of the BS queue to save their titlepoints, let them have it.

Make auto-AFK impossible when you have agg, make fake-afk under agg a title-stripping choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

you dont have to fix afk.. if you fix titles.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

I sincerely think this function will not be changed. Changing it will subtly hint that FC's intent for titles is broken. The reason people /afk and the reason people get MAD about it is simply: titles. Gaining or losing titles is the reason for hostility toward /afk. I get pissed about it too, I don't do it, but last time I did get pissed about it, I asked myself why I was so pissed. Simple: I wanted that person dead.

If that person leaves BS by whatever means, you can consider them as a kill. Why? Because they are no longer in the area, they still have to go through Containment Room and Rebuff and then enter the fight as if they had died. Nothing different except the fact they didn't actually "die" and register a kill for you for your gain of PvP points/e-peen, or the loss of their PvP points/shrivelling of e-peen.

So, it's not going to get fixed in my opinion.

i use /afk alot when i want to leave bs, instead of trying to run to the middle to get out each time and get killed at the portal, and then have to try rerun to middle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidflame View Post
    i use /afk alot when i want to leave bs, instead of trying to run to the middle to get out each time and get killed at the portal, and then have to try rerun to middle again.
    it's fine for that, i think you shouldn't be able to afk while under attack, maybe have to sitdown to do it as well.

@Righteous
    it's fun to make trash talkers lose their titles imo kinda a slap to the epeen if you know what I mean
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

/afk on BS = Go clean garbage every time?
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

yus!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    you dont have to fix afk.. if you fix titles.
    That is... remove the useless PvP titles in a game where PvP will always be broken and unbalanced.

As for auto-AFK on BS, it makes sense and it is the most basic counter-measure to leechers there can be. Instead of disabling auto-AFK though or whatever, there should be an INCREASE in the reward (in terms of VP for that individual) for capturing control points, that is the best way to encourage involvement.
    Clan Agent Mrbbad &
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat Rockstar! Mrbb &
    Clan Rockin' Doc Drgaius &
    Clan Engineer Rockstarr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account Created: June 27, 2001.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any problem with it, I mean if somebody afks out they aren't helping the side they are on, and probably aren't trying to capture points, they are just there title farming, its their game let them play it. All I can say is if you want points on somebody, use tactics, and bring more friends if you want 'em dead.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

the real solution is :
    - continue to kick afkers < what else ??
    - process removal of pvp titles < yes i mean it
    - make the enter queue window pop at RANDOM position < and this is important

then i can see those consequences :
    - titles farmers won't leech VP of those putting effort and coordination on taking and holding spot (i have already posted about this)
    - nobody would have anymore interest of xploiting /afk to get kicked from BS (no useless title to keep safe)
    - people could eventually start to really play BS in a MMO way (multiplayer = coordination = communication = help each other intelligently) instead of doing pointless runs to find an easy gank target without securing or attacking any spot of the BS. and that's what i'd like to see in BS and anywhere else.

and for the cheaty afk VP leechers (using a tool to "pretend" being at keyboard) ... they're still helpless i don't see what to do about it if they don't understand that they're spoiling a slot in BS making their side unbalanced = less VP for them = more fake-afk leeching and more time to get at same result.
    still, making queue pop at random position would prevent using tool to enter BS more than once to fake-afk leech.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

the real solution: remove titles fromg ame they have no purpose everyone knows the good pvpers anyways

Quote Originally Posted by tehtweeky View Post
    the real solution: remove titles fromg ame they have no purpose everyone knows the good pvpers anyways
    remove you from the game.

/bump for the original poster's idea.

no /afk while under attack.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

not a personal attack on original poster
    but are you there to farm titles? or to farm VP?
    IF your there for VP, then your side gets the bonus from the afk meepers
    IF your there to farm titles, then your just as bad as the afk meeper
    Gotrice: 220/25 opifex (retired, too unworthy of my CC)
    The Renaissance <3
    quitted.
    Playing WoW with the other young children.
    Sneakyrice on Frostmane (US)

the macro for BS:

/macro OMFG_MY_TITLE______________________________EVAC /afk

In other words: bump, remove /afk in BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    not a personal attack on original poster
    but are you there to farm titles? or to farm VP?
    IF your there for VP, then your side gets the bonus from the afk meepers
    IF your there to farm titles, then your just as bad as the afk meeper
    maybe hes there for pvp? pvp isnt fun when people you are trying to kill leave without any harm.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    - Leechers are still leeching. It is easy to eat, talk with your friend etc and hitting only one key to avoid this kickdown. Rumors say that some of them got Scripts for this... But... rumors... *cough*
    This was explained to FC while this "improvement" was still on test and was promptly ignored.
    This was brought up on the patch board as soon as it hit live - and was promptly ignored by FC.

Hitting the keyboard, using a macro to move the toon (jumping, dancing, running in a circle, whatever) while in sneak, using one of those "pecking birds" - there are lots of ways to avoid auto-afk and they were all explained to FC early on. And promptly ignored, of course..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    But THIS kind of unfair play it far too much to accept. Its not directly a Sploid (each inventor of this goddamn stuuupid idea must have known this - otherwise... omg) so I think we can talk about this without flaming, blaming and so on.
    Indeed it is not a 'Sploit.
    In fact, Sil himself has said that it is working as intended - as quoted by some FC employee in an earlier thread on the subject. It's still here somewhere, I think, but I can't be bothered to search for it.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast