Thread: Unable to get the info object from the resource database - error

Unable to get the info object from the resource database - error

After upgrading my comp and reinstalling the system, i finally dl'ed ao client and installed it, and started the auto patching process. After finishing it i set up gfx settings and logged onto 1 of my toons,, or at least i wanted too,, The client crashed and i got an error message:

ANARCHY ERROR HANDLING

Unable to get the info object from the resource database. If the problem occures every time you start ao theres a chance your instalation is corrupt. Pls reinstall your client bla bla

That happened yesterday. Since then i reinstalled my system 2 times, even changed a build of the system ( windows xp pro sp2 - exact same as pre comp upgrade ), reinstalled ao countless times, even dl'ed and installed all patches manually. Without any effect at all.

Now come the weirdest part:

After a few tries something made me to try run the client i had installed on my previous comp, on 1 of my old hdd's, wich i got as a secondary hdd in my new seting. The game launched w/o any problems!! I only got a message that the rendering device set is wrong, but the game ran in soft mode. I just had to log off, re set the rendering device, log in and i had a perfectly running ao,,,

At this point i thought it might be something with my new hdd ( seagate baracuda 7200.10 sata/300, old 1s where IDE's ), especially that during one of the countless ao reinstalls, during the auto patching i got an error message that aopatcher wasnt able to upwrite 1 file in my prefs folder ( i believe it was the prefs.xml file, alltho aint 100% sure. During another patching after yet antoher reinstall, i got a message informing me that i should check if i have full access to one of the files being overwritten - i checked both the file wasnt marked as read only, also i tried to find any thing su****ious looking in the administration panel->hdd manager[im working on a polish windows, im translating as it goes,,], didnt find anything), tho it continued with the patching process. So i decided its worth a try to install ao on one of the old 1s ( system is on the new, sata hdd ofc ). It didnt help at all

What i didnt mention before, is that i didnt experience any other problems at all, after my comp ugrade, and the system/ao reinstall that followed it. Everything runs smooth, including all games i tried out since, mainly to check out what my new toy can do. Only problem at all i encountered is that i posted above, unable to patch succesfully ( alltho i didnt get those mentioned above info messages every time - those during patch process ), so i wont get the: Unable to get the info object from the resource database - error message, and my client wont crash on loading.

As for now im clueless what might been the cause of my problem. So pls help meh

ty in advance

insane

[edit] My new comp specifications, in case some1 encountered same or similar problems on same setup: gigabite geforce 8600 gt, asus p5k-e, core2duo e4500 2,3ghz, 2gb ddr II geil ultra cl4 (2x1), and the mentioned already above seagate baracuda 7200.10 160 gb sata/300 hdd

[edit2] Now it gets even more ridiculous, as i mentioned above, when i run the client for an old install on old hdd im not gettin any error messages and can log in and play normally, but when i install a new 1 on any of my old hdd's it end up with exact same error message and client crash. I can copy/paste it to another of my old hdd's and it still works properly, but when i copy it to my new hdd it give me the same error once again.

edit3] So far i wasnt able to neither find the cause of nor solution to my problem. Tho i managed to find a walk around it. Like mentioned above i i had an message informing me that i might not have full access to prefs.xml file, wich prevents it from being overwritten by ao. I tried to instal/run ao from literally each volume on each hdd ( 3 hdd / 6 volumes total ), knowing that windows likes to claim the volume he's installed on his own. The problem occured eachtime.
    Today after last few attemps, and finally giving up, at least temporary, i had the crazy idea to install ao in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\Anarchy Online folder, becouse i knew admin rights to this folder set by windows are full by default.
    Ao installed/autopatched/ran w/o any error.

If any1 could explain why something like this happens on a new comp/system i would be gratefull, aswell able to install ao somewhere outside my documents folder Also if any experiences same/simillar problem to mine, and wont be able to find a solution, try install ao in my documents folder, if no other option avaible,,,
    Last edited by Insane666; Jan 13th, 2008 at 23:07:51.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005