Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A chance for an engineer PVP gun! repent!!

\o/ for morning laugh, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

It would be funnier if it didn't describe our unfortunate predicament so well :P
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    It would be funnier if it didn't describe our unfortunate predicament so well :P
    yes, much like the sad clown...

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    OMG i hacked closed forum and this is what i saw!!!!
    I, ofcourse, cant possibly comment, but i will say that Ocean is actualy a very strong supporter of engie's getting good new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    I, ofcourse, cant possibly comment, but i will say that Ocean is actualy a very strong supporter of engie's getting good new content.
    it's only because he has a 220 engi as well! His sole purpose he told me was to find a weakness for his 220 soldier... But, yea I talk with him in game a bit about our concerns

New sloth looks badass, havent tested it yet though, just got.
    Devil Inside

So, Uaint, how does this go down in the closed door forums?

ROFL! thanks for the laughs!

on topic: I really doubt FC would give engineers an AS weapon this powerful and nerfing the trader's new pve toy would cause a river of tears. The idea to expand on the remod design would be nice for pvp. Personally I would like a heavy snare proc or a very big AC debuff.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Lowering reqs and adding AS doesn't nerf its uses for traders!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

They wont give the shotgun with its current dmg stats to engineers either.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado35 View Post
    They wont give the shotgun with its current dmg stats to engineers either.
    Why not?
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

So, Uaint, how does this go down in the closed door forums?

Uaint: Xan of Greed for engies pl0x, with da AS!
    Dev1: No! absolutley not! We believe engies are fine- using powerful, recent weapons that mesh perfectly with the toolset we have supplied them via engineer ofab and control symbs.
    Harios: New 2he for enfies pl0x, with da good mods!
    Dev1: Of course, right away. We can't have enfs falling behind, using outdated weapons from as many as 2 incremental patches ago. Means!? MEANS!?!!
    Means: On it sir. AAD, we have some of that left over in the stockroom right? I'll slap it on there.
    Harios: Sweet more AAD! I'm a bit short of nanoskills can you throw some in there too?
    Uaint: But...but...
    Dev2: I'll work over the weekend for no pay to get those nanoskills on there Harios. Don't lose any sleep.
    Harios: K. Coooooooookiesssssssss.
    Uaint: But...but....my people are starving!
    Dev1: Engies got uber mines. Here's some melee damage sword for my adv, noone will use that prolly.
    Dev2: Any luck adding more pet obstacles to the BS? Maybe some magnets so only robotic pets are effected?
    Means: We tried, it kept teleporting the pets to their targets.
    Dev1: Avast! Thank goodness we cancelled that addition.
    Uaint: I beg you! A weapon engineers can use in both PVM and PVP, that's recent, with support in symbs and perklines!? Anything!?!?
    Ocene: No way engies are way OPed already! One ripped my AMS yesterday!
    Ebondevil: I concur with my esteemed associate Mr. Ocene. An engy drained my nano once, and I had to kite all the way to a teleporter. Nerf RI.
    Uaint: pls pls!
    *crat and fixer profs try to yell nerf but are bound and gagged in a nearby closet*

Hahaha this is pretty much it . But you forgot the BH/Devs warping us to Beast when we get too vocal .

They dont warp me to beast, but I think thats because they know I would kill it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    it's only because he has a 220 engi as well! His sole purpose he told me was to find a weakness for his 220 soldier... But, yea I talk with him in game a bit about our concerns
    Yes , that was the original intent..

same idea behind my 220 doc/advy/NT/agent/shade and crat.

But then I actually started liking engis..so I made a second one. My first 220 engi became a TS toon, while my second one just dinged AI30 and is getting all the nice gear. I even did Scheol quest for him, and omg after my NT, I promised myself: never again!
    It's the most advanced toon I have atm beyond my soldier, and I'm quite proud of it, even though I'm still learning it, and still need to IPR to raise Chemistry, cause I spoke to a few of you.

When your main is a soldier, you think it's that easy for all profs to level up, and you get a cold shower when you roll something else like a NT, engi, MP, trader.

Raising an engi today is real hard, raising two, is insane. Getting them OP, requires astronomic work. And the best help comes from people that live and breathe engis, like Tehe, Feeble, Moon and a very few others.

Engis defenses are amazing 1x1, the best probably. But it's not necessarily the case in mass pvp (even though it's a major plus for teams there). What I mean is that when you're called and 20 people unleash 2/3 specials on you, your 7 blockers don't last long.

A bit like soldier's defenses are awesome in mass pvp, but in a 1x1 situation, after those 1min20...they are gone. So those two profs are kinda the opposite in that sense.

However when you think offenses, this is where something is wrong.

Soldiers got amazing symbs, EOE is working for us. We use HD imps, not weapon skill implants.

For engis on the other side, wearing 5-6 implants to make your offenses viable is nonsense. Pets are a nice plus, but in anycase they are the offensive power. So giving AS to engis (which they already got, let's face it), is I think quite normal.

As a soldier, the only thing that is really pissing me off is how easy NSD lands..particularly with those snares and blinds. I hate debuffs, ok.

What is underpowered, however, is the engi offense. The damn dog is still looking for its target, the damn chicken is still worried about Thanksgiving and so we don't know where it went.
    So what remains is the engi..and 11 secs AS from a KC3 never killed anyone, when AS is the only special.

When you combine the variety of engineers today, some with Bow, some with pistols (tons of pistols there), and Carbines..oh and DSharks, you don't have a cookie cutter.
    And you don't have it, cause there isn't a single viable choice. All choices suck... If one possibility was really above all, all engis would adopt it. Like pvping soldiers.

So, yes, it would be good for the game to give engis a form of reliable pvp gun, something that should be buffed by control symbs. Where both the gun skill, and specials would be buffed by the symbs' mods.

For what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Yes , that was the original intent..

same idea behind my 220 doc/advy/NT/agent/shade and crat.

But then I actually started liking engis..so I made a second one. My first 220 engi became a TS toon, while my second one just dinged AI30 and is getting all the nice gear. I even did Scheol quest for him, and omg after my NT, I promised myself: never again!
    It's the most advanced toon I have atm beyond my soldier, and I'm quite proud of it, even though I'm still learning it, and still need to IPR to raise Chemistry, cause I spoke to a few of you.

When your main is a soldier, you think it's that easy for all profs to level up, and you get a cold shower when you roll something else like a NT, engi, MP, trader.

Raising an engi today is real hard, raising two, is insane. Getting them OP, requires astronomic work. And the best help comes from people that live and breathe engis, like Tehe, Feeble, Moon and a very few others.

Engis defenses are amazing 1x1, the best probably. But it's not necessarily the case in mass pvp (even though it's a major plus for teams there). What I mean is that when you're called and 20 people unleash 2/3 specials on you, your 7 blockers don't last long.

A bit like soldier's defenses are awesome in mass pvp, but in a 1x1 situation, after those 1min20...they are gone. So those two profs are kinda the opposite in that sense.

However when you think offenses, this is where something is wrong.

Soldiers got amazing symbs, EOE is working for us. We use HD imps, not weapon skill implants.

For engis on the other side, wearing 5-6 implants to make your offenses viable is nonsense. Pets are a nice plus, but in anycase they are the offensive power. So giving AS to engis (which they already got, let's face it), is I think quite normal.

As a soldier, the only thing that is really pissing me off is how easy NSD lands..particularly with those snares and blinds. I hate debuffs, ok.

What is underpowered, however, is the engi offense. The damn dog is still looking for its target, the damn chicken is still worried about Thanksgiving and so we don't know where it went.
    So what remains is the engi..and 11 secs AS from a KC3 never killed anyone, when AS is the only special.

When you combine the variety of engineers today, some with Bow, some with pistols (tons of pistols there), and Carbines..oh and DSharks, you don't have a cookie cutter.
    And you don't have it, cause there isn't a single viable choice. All choices suck... If one possibility was really above all, all engis would adopt it. Like pvping soldiers.

So, yes, it would be good for the game to give engis a form of reliable pvp gun, something that should be buffed by control symbs. Where both the gun skill, and specials would be buffed by the symbs' mods.

For what it's worth.
    nice bit of information, but one thing u lack is the fact that Engis dont/will never get anything pvp related, as im almost 100% convinced FC doesnt know what an engi is. The mines were a nice gesture, but dumb as ****, we need snare power a lot more often than 5-6 mins.... the new dog? it's nice indeed, but i'd trade it in a heart beat for a SUPPORTED PVP WEP, any day of the week, but thats my opinion.
    Devil Inside

there is still a chance specifics of these weapons will be adjusted...
    Gief gun
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

pretty please

xan of greed with AS would be pretty bad ass I got to say.

I think the Silverback will be a solid choice in 18.7, that's the setup I plan on using
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Improved remod kthxbye

Really? We're trying this again?
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast