Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm518 View Post
    THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST WAVE OF PROFESSION BALANCES! .

So profession balancing just gives AS to everyone .. they need a AS fix not jus5t give it to everyone

It needs to be lessened more then given, AS is overpowered and there is nothing you can do to evade it. Its pure and udder bull****

AS need to be removed from the game/locked to agents only or add a defensive check on it. We don't need more AS weapons, this games PvP is broken because of it.
    Gajming - 220 MA
    Crattomattic - 220 Crat
    Vrezafk - 220 Engineer
    Constantly - 210 NT
    Keepomattic 150+ Keeper

The AS pistol is a replacement for the Onehander?

Onehander is a shotgun. If this AS pistol is supposed to be some kind of replacement for the onehander then that implies heavily that a onehanded shotgun was a natural part of the adventurer setup.

Well it wasn't and it never should have been.

How about we make specials and perks 25-30% less powerful across the board and then make normal damage more powerful to compensate?

I remember when this game was 70-80% normal damage and 20-30% specials. Back in those days, specials were actually.. "special". Since many years ago, specials became 90% of the combat and normal damage was just a 10% bonus (for some professions at least).

Perks are not "perks" for some professions. They are part of the main DD-part. Which is silly.

Putting aimedshot on a pistol is a step down the wrong path. We should be going down the path that leads the complete opposite direction.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    I asked Means about that earlier on testlive. I was told to speak to Genele, the dev responsible for it, so I did. I was told:

"Because adventurer got only one pistol that supports full auto. And aimed shot fits much better with the adventurer toolset." and "you dont have any buffs not perks or anything else that fits with the full auto."

I tried to explain that the majority of ranged adventurers would prefer FA support (as I feel is quite clearly evident by the many posts about advy pistols in the adventurer forums, page after page of suggestions and discussion in the "adventurer pistols" thread in game suggestions and the feedback posted to the 18.1 forum so far). Additionally, we've had an adventurer FA pistol for over 5 years but a total of 0 advy AS pistols since, well, ever. So in that regard FA fits *much* better in our toolset than AS does. However I got the impression that despite all this she couldn't care less, unfortunately

As for the AS pistol - I was basically told it's a replacement for the onehander. I was asked if I used the onehander, but I reset AS some time ago so I replied that I don't and was told "most ranged aventurers do" and "we dont like the onehander. it is ugly. its old and we cant make anything better than it without making a new gun". Sounds to me that FC (well, Genele) doesn't understand (or care) that people use AS pretty much because they have to, because their other tools are insufficient. Ranged adventurers use AS more in PvP because we don't have enough FA & AAO to make FA reliable enough whereas AS is a guaranteed hit. Even so, most ranged advies swap to use both FA and AS in the hope that FA will at least do *some* damage.

This whole "no band-aid fix" thing reminds me a lot of Gaute's infamous "there will be no camping in the shadowlands" quote.
    If this really is the case it just shows how some people at FC just dont seem to have a clue, i hoped for better and i even expected better...

Please Means, dont go this route...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Putting aimedshot on a pistol is a step down the wrong path. We should be going down the path that leads the complete opposite direction.
    3 thoughts, one serious, some not.

1. enforcer blunt weapons fix: AS on support beam
    2. I can haz AS on cyberdeck since everyone else is getting it?
    3. Just once, I'd like to see broken mechanics addressed by fixing the mechanics, not the item database.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I remember when this game was 70-80% normal damage and 20-30% specials. Back in those days, specials were actually.. "special". Since many years ago, specials became 90% of the combat and normal damage was just a 10% bonus (for some professions at least).

Perks are not "perks" for some professions. They are part of the main DD-part. Which is silly.

Well spoken, you put it in better words than I could have.
    That is the way I would like it to go too.

It would also mean a revival of Fixers, as there speciality is evading normal damage.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

New appartement looking nice aswell as the vehicle, I definatly get a kind of Noir feel from it.
    But yea i´d say it fit alright with the sort of cyberpunk influenced anarchyonline. Great style!
    [Influenced by the scifi/cyberpunk flick "Immortel (ad vitam)"-2004 by any chanse?]

Cant wait until we get a confirmed or atelast a resonable Idea what the price will be.

As far as putting Aimed Shot on everything but a punchdagger well.. dont like it, dont care for it. Consider it a big step in the wrong direction, but thats just me.
    Would really like an agent overlook soon, especially if everybody will end up using AS >.<
    [The fondness of the memories hunting by foot on Rubi-ka disappearing from view ASing and it beeing "uniqe" to my favorite profession has long since gone yea, but I still cherish it]
    (if that makes any sense to you let me know )

/ps: ofc big thanks for considering and de-facto adding to falseprofession toolset. although mostly useless its a marvelous step in the right direction. just... dont add AimedShot to everything... and atleast add a BIG scope or whatnot on the pistol so it makes a little sense. Hrmm well, It might not.. but then that is the problem, isn it..
    Last edited by PereatMundus; May 16th, 2009 at 10:55:31.
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Should have a 'Professional only' requirement on it

And yeah, I'm biased
    oi stop stealing my ideas! :P

oh and might i just say...

First to own a charon in game! nerf me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Some of you people really need to stop being such lunatics and stop confusing Aimed Shot with a capped hit.

The new AS pistol is in fact nerfing AS , because for its users it will stop being an ultimate-doomsday tool , and will become what it should be: just another special attack, with damage potential not much higher then 1.5-2.5k, , maybe 2-3k for Adventurers.

Basically it will be a Burst with longer recharge that doesn't miss, and with a potential to score a lucky capped hit once in a blue moon (i'd estimate that would be maybe 1/15 shots for Adventurers).

I guarantee you that if this in fact goes live , once people start equping those pistols, you will see a massive decrease in how much damage AS will be doing to you. We are talking at least 50% reduction, propably more.

Biggest amount of damage from Pistol users will be done through other means, like regular hits and new perks.

That's it. Burst with longer recharge that doesn't miss. Aimed Shot doesn't equal a capped hit. Thank you.

It always upsets me that everyone seems to think they have to have AS... specially when I see fixers running around with it and such... what ever happened to class uniqueness...

Personally I think the onehander was always a big mistake and a step back towards caterwaul wars...

that's the thing IT DOESN'T MISS how are you suppose to be guaranteed to NOT MISS an EVADE PROFESSION? That's just dumb the whole point of evades is to not get hit a "special" that NEVER misses is beyond stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Phatchick View Post
    that's the thing IT DOESN'T MISS how are you suppose to be guaranteed to NOT MISS an EVADE PROFESSION? That's just dumb the whole point of evades is to not get hit a "special" that NEVER misses is beyond stupid
    Perhaps its because its called Aimed Shot. You know. A-I-M-E-D?

on a pistol lol so your gonna stop stand still for more then a quick second and A-I-M with out running around like an idiot? Or just shot like a normal shot? Guess since its A-I-M-E-D you should be made tostop running turn and face your target wait while you sight in and then fire or would that ruin all your hopes of jsut being able to kite still lol

and on a pistol? in one hand? ever fired a gun? A-I-M while holding 2? haha Just gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Phatchick View Post
    So profession balancing just gives AS to everyone .. they need a AS fix not jus5t give it to everyone

It needs to be lessened more then given, AS is overpowered and there is nothing you can do to evade it. Its pure and udder bull****
    As far as ia m concerned no prof other than soldier should have full auto either but there it is.

I am sorry but you cant always get what you want. You think you can do a better job? Get a degree go to funcom and PROVE IT. Otherwise vote with your dollar and stop bitching because it wasn't your perfect world. I am really getting tired of the whining.

and yet you whine about my whining ... /fail

i like how he made it "cryday" as if to imply he knows these changes/additions would piss everyone off and make them cry about it.

smart man, smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Perhaps its because its called Aimed Shot. You know. A-I-M-E-D?
    Therefore all other shots are simply 'spray and pray'.
    Nanobots have to be pretty damn uber to fix everyones shooting.
    Auto-aim ftw xD

"...you saying I can dodge bullets?"
    '...you won't have to.'
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why is it that AoC has about 120 people on the Dev team while AO has 11? Couldn't Funcom do a small/temporary "profession balance" to help get AO's new engine out before "soon"? It just seems to make more sense to get both MMOs visually up to date & making some money than to keep the current gameplan. The longer it takes for the new engine to be released, the more of the people that have been "waiting for the new engine before returning" will never return.
    Bump for that.

Anyone sees any potential problem with that new vehicle+soldier... ? trader perma 100% reflect anyone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    Anyone sees any potential problem with that new vehicle+soldier... ? trader perma 100% reflect anyone ?
    Chance of break on attack 100
    Chance of break on debuff 100
    Chance of break on nano 100

Not really no...

Quote Originally Posted by Solssss View Post
    i like how he made it "cryday" as if to imply he knows these changes/additions would piss everyone off and make them cry about it.

smart man, smart man.
    that's the best part! if you take away a toddler's toy and tell that toddler it's time to share the toy with others because its their turn for a while... well, you get Cryday.

It should be made a global holiday on RK! May 15th!
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast