Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope what i have left only (Means play this agme sometimes)

Hope what i have left only (Means play this agme sometimes)

Seriously ,whats going on with who is in charge of this games balance.It will be way to late to balance professions with whoever was behind this adv enhancment because he/she does not know anything about this game.I am not just whinning and i play shade opi over 3 years and do not whine till now.But enough is enough.Yeah i know ,you guys can not fix something which you have no clue about it.Not gona write history here bcs i am not histricians or what ever but here my 2 cent
    1)Adventurer is evade class with higest heal among evade class

2)Adventurer is evade class with only one access to Biococon

3)Adevturer is evade class with new pain in ass perks

4)Adventurer is eavde class with unrootable and high nr

5)Adventurer has best aimed shot gun ingame

6)Ranged adventurer can get the most ar close to soliders thanks to enginer pistol buff

with all this why to start balancing something that does not needed balance? I am not saying that you guys are bla bla becasue i am sure they are decent in game making as coder or what ever but keep in mind they still can not put a new engine over how many years? If you guys had hired a chines computer guys they had wroten this game 7 8 times in these years we been told someone working on new game engine.But still not complaining but the thing is THEY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING MORE THEN A noob (WHO JUST STARTED TO PLAY)ABOUT THE GAME.this is what hurts this game actually not the slow lag full of game.

No i am not ccanceling my account and bla bla bcs no one cares about it .Can not cancel to becasue i am addict of my shade but evryday my playing time and the fun i was getting form it goes down.Do not know how much long i can stand
    Ps sry for not perfect english

I shall quote the former GD

"dying should be fun"
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Advy is suppose to be the best all around class, decent at most everything

Advy is not the best healer

Advy is not the best Damage

Advy does not have the best reflects

Advy does not have the best HP

Advy does not have the best evades

Advy is the all around prof. I do not have one, but if you think they are so overpowered roll one and go around and solo.

Mind you, you prolly one have one prof. that you play that needs help, and thats why you are whining cause you cant kill them.

open for the flames.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by tyfowler View Post

Advy is the all around prof. I do not have one, .
    then not talk something you do not know ?and i do have 220 adv thats why i am talking

Its about time RANGED Advys got some lovin...leave us alone.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I got to the part where the OP is an opifex shade trying to pvp and then I stopped reading.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Advy, being 2nd best at everything in every category, comes out damn good overall.

Why shouldn't non-trox shades be allowed to PVP sterva?

Bump for Babek, best PVP shade on Rimor
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I got to the part where the OP is an opifex shade trying to pvp and then I stopped reading.
    I'd listen to an active shade PvP'er over an lolstun crat any day.

@ Babek - I think FC is planning some heal and/or evade changes which will probably lessen the current OP state of advies.

Bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Whoa, Comi plays AO still?

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

The concept of an adventurer being the most rounded class is fine. However, Babek is still right in saying that, the way mechanics are currently, being the second best healer, the second or third best damage dealer (in PVP, probably the first or second, behind engies, due to being able to land perks and AS), having solid evades, having great run speed and resistances to roots/snares, and having damage mitigation in the form of absorbs makes for a profession that is overpowered in the truest sense of the word, because no profession can counter ALL of that except in exceptional circumstances.

Melee advies were, in my opinion, rather balanced because, even though they were very strong, they were still fallible, mostly because they usually had to work a little bit to kill their opponents, since SA is on a longer recharge than AS, and their perks are harder to land. Ranged advies are not invincible, either, obviously, but the fact that their ability to deal damage in PVP is so much greater than their melee counterparts allows them to kill many professions without even needing to use their defensive toolset. This translates to having those perks/abilities up more often, so the professions that might actually BE tough for a ranged advy (speaking in a mass PVP setting, like towers or BS) have to go against all the tools. In the end, the overall effect is that they are in defenseless situations less often.

It's clear that ranged advies can't return to their previous state, and I can't even think of a nerf here that would make sense, since their 80% pistol perks are tied to 3 or 4 other profs' abilities as well, but it's also clear that this latest change to ranged advies put them in a position of strength that's excessive.

All this being said, engi PVP still isn't balanced either, so w/e ;p
    Last edited by avo345; Jul 18th, 2009 at 21:23:41.
    Paratrooper (aka tarapooper/P-Rex) -> 220/30/70 Soldier

Satyavati -> 150/7/39 Adventurer

Politie -> 208/20/57 Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by babek View Post
    5)Adventurer has best aimed shot gun ingame
    Hahahahahahahahaha... oh god are you serious?
    Also, the troller gun isn't adv only in case you didn't notice
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Why shouldn't non-trox shades be allowed to PVP sterva?
    Did I say that? (no)

Balance is all a matter of perspective. Most people do not possess the skill or the patience or the gear to be good at pvp on an opifex shade, because opifex shade pvp is difficult.

Adv pvp, on the other hand, is not difficult.

Difficult/easy are not equal to balanced/unbalanced, although some people of less tutored intellect might want to equate the two.

My real point was that everything looks OP to an opifex shade struggling to learn how to pvp well. I can only take someone so seriously when they're playing one of the hardest prof breed combos to pvp on and using that as their basis for calling other profs over powered. Their bias is that they play a difficult profession and they see easier professions as over powered, which isn't necessarily true at all.

Perhaps FC needs to boost up opifex shades a bit, or maybe shades need to come with a clearer warning so that when noobs pick them they know what they are getting into, but the simple truth is that not all opifex shades suck at pvp--some of them are quite good.
    Last edited by Sterva; Jul 18th, 2009 at 22:55:21.

Most annoying shade i saw was opi too ^^ But they are rarer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Did I say that? (no)

Balance is all a matter of perspective. Most people do not possess the skill or the patience or the gear to be good at pvp on an opifex shade, because opifex shade pvp is difficult.
    i just want to point out that babek has everything, and is skilled

Shades are fine, quit whining. In fact, what has happened to Shades shows exactly this game has went into completely wrong direction. The class which is supposed to ultimate ganker with minimal defenses, suddenly has absorbs, hp drains over time , and healing weapons, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever in AO profession system.

And as the result of "if they cry, don't bother trying to redesign, just give stuff" policy, Shades can heal quite good, they have absorbs, on top of having pretty good evades . Sorta like... i don't know...Adventurers?

Oh, the irony.

pistols are op simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    i just want to point out that babek has everything, and is skilled
    Perhaps, but if he is still /failing at pvp, then he is still missing something that the successful shades have, and it isn't a breed issue.

Make no mistake, there are some opifex shades that are damn good in pvp.

Talking If it walks like a duck...

My reading of Babek's post is that Adventurers have easy time in PVP compared to other classes. Babek then followed up with a post clarifying that she has a 220 Addy and so knows first hand just how 'easy' Addies have it in PVP.

In a balanced PvP system, no class would have an "easy" time, likewise no class would have a "hard" time either.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

My personal opinion is that Pistols are overpowered way beyond sense or logic.

Imagine sending a squad of marines on patrol outside of the green zone with pistols.
    Babaoroody
    - TL5 Clan Enforcer/Atrox - Rimor (RK2)
    Babacratus - TL3 nano Crat
    Babaente - TL3 nano NT
    Tireen - TL3 solitus TRD
    Babaengy - TL4 Engy
    Babaemphee - TL4 MP
    You should read my Blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by babaoroody View Post
    In a balanced PvP system, no class would have an "easy" time, likewise no class would have a "hard" time either.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You could not be more wrong.

There is plenty of room within a balanced system for some professions to be easier or harder to play than others, while everyone is balanced still. A system is balanced when the amount of effort that you put into it equals the amount of returns that you get back out of it, and the system doesn't include retarded crap like 'i win buttons' and 'luck of the dice' mechanics.

example: prof A is difficult to play but offers high returns for practice/skill/equip. prof B is easy to play, but offers less returns. Or, let's make it more concrete, shades are hard to play, but when they are played well, they can often kill their opponents in the blink of an eye. advs are easy to play, but will never kill many professions with the same efficiency as a shade.

If every class were equally easy to play, not only would this game be boring as ****, but it still might not be balanced.
    Last edited by Sterva; Jul 19th, 2009 at 01:31:32.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast