Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: Neutral Application Form

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    It's the thing I never got about the Omni/Clan forms. Omni are The Company. Clans hate The Company. Change sides once and maybe you'd get away with it. Change again (back) and you *might* convince people you were a double agent. But after that you're a turncoat and a traitor and you'd be executed surely? At the very least neither side would ever trust you again. Maybe there's the mechanism - Three Strikes And You're Out. Your only option is to join us weapon smuggling, blockade running, self serving Neutrals since nobody trusts us anyway. And with good reason. Heh heh.
    This is by far... the best mechanic I have ever seen on this topic. It includes most of the parts people love the most (timed lockouts, long-term commitment to achieve, etc). The coding would *hopefully* be very simple. Add a stat to your character, forms reference that stat. Third switch posts a "Your Fired!!!" over your head and you are neutral. Further attempts at changing side result in "Nuh uh, not again".

First form to pick a side counts as 1. SL enabled characters get the extra grind of adjusting faction to be able to swap. Maybe you can add a nice grinder quest to bypass your side count, so if you went Neutral > Omni > Clan > (Third strike, you are neutral)... you can appease one of the sides (thinking a Bazzit style quest) and get a special side form for that. Since your already maxed, the lootable side forms wont work ("Nuh uh, not again"), you'll be stuck on your chosen non-neutral side, as the quest mob for the other side wont talk to you for being non-neutral.

Bump for Neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Now we're getting some sensible ideas up in here! No side change ever. Love it.
    Gotta agree on this one.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

My idea was just a reflection of the BS mechanics for Neuts. I mean we can join either Omni or Clan to make up the numbers. Also we can choose either office for Dailys. I've always played Neutral as I see it: the dodgey folk in the shadows profiteering like WWII spivs running the Black Market.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Is everyone giving up on this idea? Just wondering....
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

So, you wanna be neutral again, huh? (yeah yeah, bad quality, only clip I could find, spare me)

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    So, you wanna be neutral again, huh? (yeah yeah, bad quality, only clip I could find, spare me)
    I love that clip, but what if someone decided ok I want to be sided, and realized oh crap, I think i made a huge mistake? Shouldn't they have the right to come back to be a neutral? Maybe make the price to do it pretty high just like if you want to change your face at Org HQs that is like 25mil or something...just a little idea, I still think this would be a pretty nice idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

I'd pay good money for an itemshop addition that lets my sided chars turn into neuts again

Bump!

This is such a good idea, come back from the dead, my necrominion.
    Bump!
    A cat is fine too. Desudesudesu~

Quote Originally Posted by Pictures View Post
    This is such a good idea, come back from the dead, my necrominion.
    Bump!
    But... it already happened! . You can buy "Premium Neutral Application Form" from the itemstore.

Looking at my posts, I notice I never thanked Funcom. As the creator of this topic and frequent supporter of this cause I want to say: thank you that I could finally turn my toon neutral after years of being Omni against my will <3.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Trussel View Post
    This is by far... the best mechanic I have ever seen on this topic. It includes most of the parts people love the most (timed lockouts, long-term commitment to achieve, etc). The coding would *hopefully* be very simple. Add a stat to your character, forms reference that stat. Third switch posts a "Your Fired!!!" over your head and you are neutral. Further attempts at changing side result in "Nuh uh, not again".

First form to pick a side counts as 1. SL enabled characters get the extra grind of adjusting faction to be able to swap. Maybe you can add a nice grinder quest to bypass your side count, so if you went Neutral > Omni > Clan > (Third strike, you are neutral)... you can appease one of the sides (thinking a Bazzit style quest) and get a special side form for that. Since your already maxed, the lootable side forms wont work ("Nuh uh, not again"), you'll be stuck on your chosen non-neutral side, as the quest mob for the other side wont talk to you for being non-neutral.
    any maybe (to remedy mistakes or alcohol induced judgement) add a nice long quest to be able to subtract 1 switch from the count. perhaps make it heavily involve pvp to show that you're loyal to the faction you're doing the quest for? "help take down X number of tower sites" or "get this many solo kills"
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    But... it already happened! . You can buy "Premium Neutral Application Form" from the itemstore..
    But what about normal applications.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819