Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 4th, 2009 - Dragoncon

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    The nurse was part of the 'crash story' and the 'crash story' was moronic. Every shuttle that lands on the planet crashes? And everytime you did it it's the same crash? And everytime the pilots sound like 14 year olds in a school play about driver safety saying "Oh no!". The production qualities - specifically voice - were profoundly bad. So, no crash, no nurse, some other NPC or agent of instruction would be fine.
    Cruel cruel man! You've crushed my dreams of being a voice actor...What the hell am I going to do now?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Means.... read my pm plz.....

You get a free cookie for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Cruel cruel man! You've crushed my dreams of being a voice actor...What the hell am I going to do now?
    guess its back to directing games!

...and annoying famine when he gets over there with that tape of the dragoncon party video to have it processed

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

The trees in the air thing reminded me of an issue that i'd like to see looked into at some point. If you roll a bunch of missions in Milky Way, you are likely to have 1 or 2 where you end up at a jumble of rocks instead of a mission entrance. No doors, no caves...used to fly/run all around where the waypoint pointed at, with no success, because the entrance just does not exist any more. Any chance you could fix that issue?
    If you need i could probably roll a mission like that, but I don't really want to sit in petition for 4 hours (or so...always takes ages and usually i end up being afk when they finally do get to me) just to find out, or get told there's nothing they can do.
    P.S. Thanks to Shadowgod for filming the Q&A!
    Last edited by gimpmasta; Sep 15th, 2009 at 07:43:44.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

i m still interested in the current state concerning dnw/chartransfer mentioned in fwm 10th july and the plans as well as your deliberations about that colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    i m still interested in the current state concerning dnw/chartransfer mentioned in fwm 10th july and the plans as well as your deliberations about that colin.
    I think he has made it clear in these forums that no decision to pull the plug on DNW will happen until the new engine is in place and some time has elapsed after that to evaluate how DNW responded. Since allowing transfers prior to that would instantly kill the server you can readily deduce there will be no such transfers made available in the near future. My guess is your developed chars on DNW will not have any chance to get on another server before about March or April of next year at the earliest, if ever.

If you want a char on RK1/2, roll one and get to 220 or whatever.
    I am Dagget

Ok maybe im new here ok i am. but 1 thing hey loosen up itsa a game 2. yeas im paying and been last month 3rd have fun and do what u can do. 4th hmm ALL ur imagination

Quote Originally Posted by RealColtaine View Post
    Ok maybe im new here ok i am. but 1 thing hey loosen up itsa a game 2. yeas im paying and been last month 3rd have fun and do what u can do. 4th hmm ALL ur imagination
    Huh?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    I think he has made it clear in these forums that no decision to pull the plug on DNW will happen until the new engine is in place and some time has elapsed after that to evaluate how DNW responded. Since allowing transfers prior to that would instantly kill the server you can readily deduce there will be no such transfers made available in the near future. My guess is your developed chars on DNW will not have any chance to get on another server before about March or April of next year at the earliest, if ever.

If you want a char on RK1/2, roll one and get to 220 or whatever.
    Except RK3 wont last until the new engine is out, there's about 200 people total on the server at any given time.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Dance. There's always dance!

You've got good presence. You can use that for a second career as a motivational speaker doing corporate appearances. "Turn a Cold Call Warm!" "No Means Maybe!" "It's Not Corporate Liability if We Can Buy the Jury!" "Why Your Managers ARE Better Than You..."

Seriously, your apparent capacity to present well serves us all well. It's going to come in handy when you need to pitch to whoever holds the purse at FC why AO needs the money for professional production on the intro.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    Dance. There's always dance!

You've got good presence. You can use that for a second career as a motivational speaker doing corporate appearances. "Turn a Cold Call Warm!" "No Means Maybe!" "It's Not Corporate Liability if We Can Buy the Jury!" "Why Your Managers ARE Better Than You..."

Seriously, your apparent capacity to present well serves us all well. It's going to come in handy when you need to pitch to whoever holds the purse at FC why AO needs the money for professional production on the intro.
    We NEED Christopher Walken!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Means, open FWM 11th. This is wrong thread!

Sky will fall down!
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

I 5000000000% support Christopher Walken doing the voice overs for the start of AO, I'd watch it every time I play, even if I'm dual logged.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

/this
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

*walks without rhythm*
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

This is an example why we love you... lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Yes, but listening to newbies in ooc saying "Help! this is the fifth time my shuttle was shot down. What am I doing wrong?"--never gets old
    this

also, means, any ETA on us getting the intro movie back? (or some new & updated intro?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

I'd never heard of that guy before but ... epic guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I'd never heard of that guy before but ... epic guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U
    You missed a lot of good movies then.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You missed a lot of good movies then.
    For real. I actually feel bad for Lupu now. lol.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast