Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubberbanding increased ?

same here...
    mitaar confirms this

Well, mostly sync issues in mitaar ofc, but have been rubberbanding a lot(like when kiting hex, perfect timing)
    Last edited by sscorpy; Jun 15th, 2010 at 12:48:13.

Didnt have a problem until I tried doing some hunting around Glacial Hill statue in Pen. Wow.
    Veldt :: [217/28/56] :: Omni Sol :: Soldr :: Current Project
    Staba :: [207/20/43] :: Omni Opi :: Shade :: Current Ado/Pen Dweller
    Easyd :: [150/20/36] :: Omni Opi :: Fixer :: S10 Dweller
    Leade :: [134/04/22] :: Omni Sol :: NanoT :: (Inactive)
    Crata :: [054/02/00] :: Omni Opi :: Bcrat :: Future Project

on my comp which i never rubberbanded unless major lag for what ever reason, i now notice i rubberband all the time....plz fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

this is very annoying in Tower Wars. You running out from zerg, all ok, but pop and you inside of enemy blob - instadied. FC stop this rubberbagging! {Edtied by Zeenab: Profanity}
    Last edited by Zeenab; Jun 18th, 2010 at 06:30:00.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    ....FC stop this f*cking rubberbagging!
    amazing.. I bet no-one ever considered this. I'm sure they'll turn it off right away.

for some weird reason, i only get bubberbanding on one character in penumbra. and got it solved by dualloggin and putting rubberbander on /follow and move with another toon :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I only rubberband when my internet is on the fritz.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Hmm, I had a private convo with someone which I shall not name. The issue seems to be that the network was not meant to handle players going at the current Run Speed they have now. It's just can't keep up with all players, including people in yalms (also affected by rs I believe).

The following is my personal opinion.

There has been rubberbanding since SL came out (I can attest to that).

Currently the dev team is working on fixing this problem by most likely (not going to say this will the solution mind you) adjusting the RS skill. My educated guess is that they will change the RS by title level, so that the network can keep up and the sync issues (rubberbanding) are either eliminated or reduced by a substantial percentage (preferably down by 90% or more).

I highly doubt that the change in RS would affect our gameplay, it may take us an extra few mins to fly from one of a playfield to the other but nothing that would make us go "wtf why am I slow like a turtle?!".

The adjustment is likely to be balanced so that lowbies won't be moving at "Bionic Man" slow-motion run .

The current dev team has done wonders for AO, it has brought it to a new level in my eyes. They are not perfect, but who the **** is? They know the problem, and they are working on it.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I highly doubt that the change in RS would affect our gameplay, it may take us an extra few mins to fly from one of a playfield to the other but nothing that would make us go "wtf why am I slow like a turtle?!".
    Sadly, for most of us, any reduction in run speed will bring the turtle reaction, it's unavoidable. Removing strafe running already did that.

However, I approve of the run speed change. And this is getting off topic so I'll stop here.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Yeah, all of my chars, in all zones, with no other lag, have experienced HUGE increases in rubberbanding. If i try to run a short distance, then sit down, i almost always get rubberbanded back to where i started running from. I have also noticed an increase in failed zoning attempts.

I avoid penumbra since last patches. All of my characters have horrible rubberbanding (like 15mins to get from pen S statue to ergo) if pen glasses aren't equipped the moment I zone. If I equip them and rubberband back to the garden, it will be ok when coming out again.
    Noticed that in clan garden too, I was used to running and jumping on the roots of trees before the statue of transit, but now it constantly warps me back to before trees.
    220 RK2 engineer.

To be honest i dont believe rubberbanding has anything to do with runspeed. My reason for this is I yesterday ran from Yuto's statue to white citadel in Pen with my 205 fixer and way above 1k runspeed, experienced zero rubberbanding.
    an hour later did the same run with my 180 crat and 800 run speed and it took 10 minutes to get from Yuto's to just past the redeemed village, rubberbanding was awfull. I had to start running 10 metres, stop, run 10 metres, stop, all the way just to get there.

I have noticed that in a team however there is no rubberbanding. And I have only experienced it so far in pen, nowhere else. Also it doesn't happen all the time, 2 trips to pen can be fine and the next can be awfull. That points to a server issue to me.

i cant run around the bor anymore, keep geting warped back, it ruins all fun
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

I'm not seeing rubber banding much, but when I do see it, it sucks. Yesterday I was in Ado, ran past the hecks and jumped off the edge. I was waiting to zone when I noticed I was standing right next to a heck, which turned and killed me.

I have no problems in Bor or even at the anniversary part, I didn't see it.

i rubberband everytime i sit down in SL...not happening on RK as i can remember, but in SL it's to the extreme...cant sit down a spot without being warped back a bit..

Yes, both me and mobs rubberband or appear to be places where they are not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12