Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 170 agents needs nerf :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    No, tl5 shades are much worse than tl5 enfs but im trying to proove that ar and aad values alone dont mean a s...t.
    Your mainhand being a Piercing weapon probably doesn't help seeing "normal" enfs with 1he can reach 1.8k AR easily, even heard some rumors of enfs going over 2k-2.2k...
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Both stats are better than my tl5 enf with ql 300 SE ofab head and +27 combined armor. Nerf j00
    Yea, but individual stats don't matter. Clearly, because if they did, my keeper would own all of TL5.

Unfortunately, individual stats rarely count for much, instead it's the toolset used in conjunction with expected probabilities of success/failure in a given situation.

For example, while my keeper might be able to attain 2000 AR, if used in the wrong situation, would mean nothing.

Since we're here, this is exactly the problem with keepers, shades and MP's at TL5. Even though individual players are capable of reaching excellent individual stats, such as excellent evades, NR, or AR, the toolset of the prof severely hampers excellent performance.

Indeed, it is the toolset that we are trying to fix, not the accessability of 300 Ofab, or a better chest symb for 170 soldiers, etc.

Though actually for shades individual stats DO matter because a shade can't kill anyone it can't perk and can't survive if it can be perked through DoF.

Toolset is the main problem as Knuckle says, I would rather have a more well rounded setup on my shade but my toolset does not allow it as my effectiveness plummets. Rebalancing should address some of these issues (mini SHD etc) and hopefully keepers don't get forgotten.

Agents however have a wide toolset at this level with many viable options combined with a lethal alpha. Makes em more fun to stun gnak though
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Your mainhand being a Piercing weapon probably doesn't help seeing "normal" enfs with 1he can reach 1.8k AR easily, even heard some rumors of enfs going over 2k-2.2k...
    can speak from great experiance, that you would be sitting on at least 1900 with challenger, i sit on around 1930 and im a more defense focused equip. with procs its around 2170 or so, so yeah it can happen.

Heas a piercing/1hb which is fine against evades profs i think, but SUUUUUUCKS in enf vs enf fights

Edit: Hey manic
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    Heas a piercing/1hb which is fine against enfs, docs and agents but SUUUUUUCKS against evaders
    Fixed.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Thanks but no, you are wrong. Siukon still has around 10k hp while maintaining enough AR to perk my MP through 2.15k+ dodge def. Hence why I have been saying since the FIRST post I made in this thread that the AI perks shouldn't check double AAO anymore and for the rest peoples should leave the agent alpha alone.
    well, concussive shot is being changed to rifle as attack skill, yes ? gonna be abit harder to land also the nerf. Also iirc perks like CS and pin point are having there execution time doubles, + damaged lowered (at tl5) also the stun duration is being lowered.

MoR, blind rings, abuse Los with root grafts and perk screwing up there alpha and making heal pet get more heals in. use battle prepared kits + stims if you want. withered flesh also (after AS).

maybe we shouldnt be able to use the top challenger, and theres a little nerf inc to rage, but who said killing an agent as a MP should be easy.

This is no were near as bad as fixer vs nt (tl7)
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    well, concussive shot is being changed to rifle as attack skill, yes ? gonna be abit harder to land also the nerf. Also iirc perks like CS and pin point are having there execution time doubles, + damaged lowered (at tl5) also the stun duration is being lowered.

MoR, blind rings, abuse Los with root grafts and perk screwing up there alpha and making heal pet get more heals in. use battle prepared kits + stims if you want. withered flesh also (after AS).

maybe we shouldnt be able to use the top challenger, and theres a little nerf inc to rage, but who said killing an agent as a MP should be easy.

Killing a 170 agent is hard with almost all of the professions.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

But, anyways... Nerf iolanda's agent. That should do for some short time.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Hello?! Did you all forgot tl5 advs? Gtfo agents arn't op
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    LOL
    Pitiful.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

id like to see shade with 1800 ar and 1600 def at tl5

plx?
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    lol

Hello noob. Welcome to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Due to MP being a low hp prof whether they want to or not it's still going to cap. Also, execution time doesn't really matter since getting perked = death anyway. I think they should leave Concussive Shot alone, really, but IIRC the perks are having their execution times lowered in general (excepting CS in an initial doc, which got changed back to 1s after bitching).

Doesn't help.. you've got near zero time to react before you eat dust. If they did like an agent is supposed to do - sneak - there is no way you can anticipate that.

You have no idea.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    id like to see shade with 1800 ar and 1600 def at tl5

plx?
    More like 1500 def, but I didn't both to log on to check

I'm experimenting with a maximum possible AR build on my shade, still a work in progress. I just know that missing a lot of gear I had about 1700 AR so it should be possible
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Who is teh nurfest tl5 profession of today???
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

My level 150 ranged advie, of course.

But Gesef just owns on his ranged advy. He alphakills my enf and, even worse, he seems to be a froob. Nerf j00 all
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jun 25th, 2010 at 12:02:10.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yeah, but we would like a quick pre-balance fix, you know, like BR and GTH one.
    No more half-arsed solutions pls.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

So, lets rather leave it totally broken and OP'd as it is, until god knows when (which will apparently be when hell freezes over)?

Who is teh nurfest tl5 profession of today???
    Honestly, probably Shades lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast