Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Key Bindings

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You don't understand it correctly. There's no queuing of any kind.
    There is masta. Was testing it out on my fixer right now.

Can hit Reinforce Slugs, then pressing 2 can hit jarring burst, solid slug, neutronium slug, trigger happy and eat bullets all at once. Though the perks have to go through their activation like they would normally. Thing is, lets say you're able to land a spot in someone's defense, you can smash one button that's tied to all your perks and they will all land cause they are checked right then and there.
    Last edited by Spartanx9; Nov 7th, 2010 at 23:37:15.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

/thread delete
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

I don't see the problem ... making key binding combination actually makes it more difficult to manage you actions, not easier, because you are increasing your options. Anyone that is going to PVP with key bindings is going to have a LAWL time doing it. If you can PVP in AO with uber key bindings and it's easy ... the problem isn't key bindings, it's AO PVP. Personally, I think the only thing I will use it for is BS buffing. I want to maintain complete control over my actions, PVM or PVP.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I think binding actions only has advantages. Let's say you bind perks or special attacks...
    a)in PvM it doesn't really affect anything
    b)in PvP, more experienced PvPers can predict how opponent will behave and use tactics

I only hope FC will also integrate timers to this, so you can bind buffing sequence to single key.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't see the problem ... making key binding combination actually makes it more difficult to manage you actions, not easier, because you are increasing your options. Anyone that is going to PVP with key bindings is going to have a LAWL time doing it. If you can PVP in AO with uber key bindings and it's easy ... the problem isn't key bindings, it's AO PVP. Personally, I think the only thing I will use it for is BS buffing. I want to maintain complete control over my actions, PVM or PVP.
    Letting you drop everything with a single button sounds a lot more difficult and I can see 0 pvp'ers ever doing such a thing.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I think:

It's a bad idea. AO PvP has always been about mashing buttons the fastest and I would have liked to see PvP slowed down, not sped up. Using actions and specials should delay the next action, you shouldn't be able to queue perks as you can now and hit players with specials while using perks/other actions.

It's a great idea. I PvP quite a bit at the moment and I swear I've come up against people that are using 'fancy macro' keyboards. Something like this would atleast even the playfield a bit.

I personally don't see the difference between pressing 1 or pressing 1,2,3,4,5.

How does key binding work if you've perks attached that are in recharge? Would you get a long list of spam everytime you use the key and is there a set order and delay you can give to keys?

Guess I need to get on test to see what it's like.

dodging MR perks is gonna be even harder for CiB/deceptive users, as before it was quite normal to get atleast 1 perk in before they'd hit the big aad perk, but now as they'll all queue, i assume they'll all land? Even if the target gets up his stuff midway alpha.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Fumlebien View Post
    dodging MR perks is gonna be even harder for CiB/deceptive users, as before it was quite normal to get atleast 1 perk in before they'd hit the big aad perk, but now as they'll all queue, i assume they'll all land? Even if the target gets up his stuff midway alpha.
    tested. throwing up evade perk after perks have been que'ed land no matter what.
    Secretly Clan

But what are you talking about ? Perks that can be thrown together or perk chains that requires each step to land ?

For example : I use power up on my sold, I need to first activate energize then I have 4 perks that can be used in whatever order.

Do I have to first use energize and then I can bind all the dmg/stun perks in one button ? In that case it's only vaguely faster then facerolling because checks only happens when I press the buttons (and I just press them all at once), it's more comfortable however and I'll gain hotbar space.

Also MR can't be bound there because the mods won't be up when other perks are pressed.

Or can I bind energize first and the whole reaction will follow no matter what? In this case it's wrong because perk chains with requirement get said requirement thrown in the window timing wise.

Okay I guess I have to get on test and see the whole extent of this.
    Last edited by boltgun; Nov 8th, 2010 at 15:16:47.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Or can I bind energize first and the whole reaction will follow no matter what? In this case it's wrong because perk chains with requirement get said requirement thrown in the window timing wise.
    Two case scenarios:

1. Everything bound to the same key:

Energize + all PU perks bound to key [1]
    Hitting [1] will issue 4 error messages saying that Energize isn't running.

2. Perks are associated to different keys, however perks that can be launched together are associated to the same key:

Energize bound to [1]
    All PU perks bound to [2]

Hitting [1] immediately followed by [2] will get you an error message, as Energize isn't running yet, just like scenario 1.

Hitting [1], wait for the little stars, then hitting [2] will queue all the PU perks.

And that isn't different from what we do today, cause today we hit [1].. followed by rolling our finger on the [2][3][4]...etc, and the perks queue up the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Letting you drop everything with a single button sounds a lot more difficult and I can see 0 pvp'ers ever doing such a thing.
    That's just a consequence of the PVP difficulty of AO. Maybe you convinced yourself that facerolling your keyboard is PVP skill and key binding isn't, but they are the same level of skill.

As for binding, it depends how smart the system is. I suspect it is a 'serial' process. If the binding has 5 actions, it completes each action in sequence. If the requirement isn't met for action 3, it just won't execute (like lacking nanopool) or it won't land (like a perk that misses def check). There are actually very few situations where I can think binding will benefit a PVPer. The most place will likely be the opportunistic ganker, who will sit and wait for a specific target with perks up. They usually has a large number of actions to execute to kill anyone anyways. In full on PVP, no one will use these to increase the efficiency of killing unless they are waiting until the perfect conditions are met for their binding to execute while someone is pounding them to death. Pre-programming your PVP != success unless AO PVP really is that crappy.

Honestly, you think it's going to be efficient to key bind MR with 4 perks and specials on a prof like ... Keeper? I don't.

The BIGGEST problem I see with keybinding is AFK leveling. If you can keybind 'TAB', 'F1' and stuff like that, it won't be a good thing.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 16:26:39.

Yeah I just tested and I have to day this : You are freaking out over nothing.

The new binding does 2 things :

- Allow to change a LOT more things : hotbar pressing, team selection, etc...

- Bind specific hotbars to a key. Not all 100 slots can't be bound, only the active line of each 10 bars.

My observations :

- Actions can't be bound to several button so if you do select self+heal, you lose select self alone, this is way far the claims of macroing so far. Only work around is to put something in a hotbar, and that limits a lot the possibilities.

- All reqs are taken in account : as Ocene mentioned. I bound Energize + PU perks (by putting them in order in a bar). Press 1 casts energize (no error message for the others, nice touch), press 2 queue all 4 PU perks plus an error that energize isn't available.

- There is no timers, putting 2 nanos won't work due to recharge.

- Key press seems to do actions in order, from 1 to 0.

There is a lot of possibilities, everything that have chat command, items and action buttons can be queued by putting them in additional hotbars and binding a key, maybe there is something annoying to do. But really it's only an automatic faceroll.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Is this already implemented in live? or still on test. This option will give me a lot more screen. (got loads of hotbars)
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

On test right now.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

If the really mean "all keys", then I am happy.

Not having the ability to normalize the player view (since my laptop doesn't have a NumPad) is quite annoying.

From an attack perspective, it won't change how I do things. I already use multiple bars, and am quite adept at changing between them.

However, If I can summon and buff my MP pets - with a single keystroke - that would make me ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You don't understand it correctly. There's no queuing of any kind.

Don't get it...does it mean we can que up several perks by pressing 1 key or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Don't get it...does it mean we can que up several perks by pressing 1 key or not?
    if the perks aren't chained, yes. so shades benefit the least from this, while othr profession gain more. i had like 10 perks que'ed on my enforcer along with fast attack, brawl, and dimach just to see if it worked.
    Secretly Clan

Ok, if rebalance patch offer more active fighting it's maybe not so bad. Sounds very potent tho.

I don't see the problem here ... if you can't introduce timing to the sequence of actions, it's just single-key facerolling. There's hardly anything game-breaking about that, especially in PVP.

Ok, if you can queue multiple perks to one keybinding, i'm gonna lol at anyone doing that in pvp.

Pvm, yeah I can see that getting too easy, though shades will love it.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast