Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Key Bindings

bump for this clear incoming problem
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Guys, take it easy. It's not on live yet.

And it will probably not allow you to queue up an alpha that deals 30k DD at exactly the same 1/1000th of a second.
    Actually, that's exactly what it does. However, I couldn't actually get it to *work* on testlive.

That said, the intent is there, and the intent is terrible. Just disable the ability to put multiple functions on a key and this goes from a game-breaker to a feature a lot of people have asked for, for a decade.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Good, maybe this will give FC some incentive to fix the crappy combat system

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    That said, the intent is there, and the intent is terrible. Just disable the ability to put multiple functions on a key and this goes from a game-breaker to a feature a lot of people have asked for, for a decade.
    When you find me agreeing with Kinkstaah u know you've crossed a line on breaking existing game mechanics
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Actually, that's exactly what it does. However, I couldn't actually get it to *work* on testlive.

It would add them to the queue at the same instnat, but they would be executed in order.
    If that's not good enough, the key binding isn't the issue; It's how perks work that is.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Yeah...I'm still waiting for the naysayers to explain how this could possibly be any different than people using Nostromos.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    It would add them to the queue at the same instnat, but they would be executed in order.
    If that's not good enough, the key binding isn't the issue; It's how perks work that is.
    I know how it works.

The issue is the fact that queing everything in an instant is a massive advantage. The half a second it takes for someone to type 0123456789 is all it takes between win and loss in a game as fast paced as AO is.

Especially if you're melee/kiting/trying to execute as many perks as possible by the time you hit Dance with Fools, and when Dance with Fools actually activates on your character.

If you can't see how big of a change this actually is, then you arent a PVP head that this will really impact (ruin) the game for, and thus, really shouldn't argue in its favor.

Hell, at least force people to download a third party program.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

The issue is the fact that queing everything in an instant is a massive advantage. The half a second it takes for someone to type 0123456789 is all it takes between win and loss in a game as fast paced as AO is.
    Maybe if you're hitting every individual keyboard button with your index finger.

While you've hit the first perk, you should have the rest hit before 1 or two seconds runs by, you won't notice any downtime.

You won't notice anything after this panel.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Nov 14th, 2010 at 13:32:38.

The issue is the fact that queing everything in an instant is a massive advantage.
    Hell, at least force people to download a third party program.
    Sounds like FC is just leveling the playing field between those who use vanilla AO and those who use third-party applications to do the work for them, then. This is only a good thing, 'cause otherwise, people with said third party applications would have an unfair advantage.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

That the game is fast-paced could actually be a reason in the favor of this.

We'll see how the system will be after the rebalance...hope to see more active fighting.

Don't know whats fair about que'd perks >>> activating dof/whatever >>> and checks tho.

Most of what has been asserted here is plain wrong.

Do yourselves a favor, xfer a toon to TL, and give it a try before you say idiotic things.

Binding doesn't allow you to alpha someone in 0.1 sec because you bound a key to every possible attack that exist..wake up people.

In regards to perks does it make a difference if you hit 12345678 in 0.5 seconds or 0.01 seconds? I can't think of many perks with a attack time faster then 1 second. In case of specials you get a Wait for current execution to finish or whatever that line is.

I also do think it's lame to queue up all perks with one button, but I don't see it having that much a game breaking effect. The alphas will not hit / execute any faster.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Most of what has been asserted here is plain wrong.

Do yourselves a favor, xfer a toon to TL, and give it a try before you say idiotic things.

Binding doesn't allow you to alpha someone in 0.1 sec because you bound a key to every possible attack that exist..wake up people.
    No one said that except those like you trying to put those words in people's mouths.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    In regards to perks does it make a difference if you hit 12345678 in 0.5 seconds or 0.01 seconds? I can't think of many perks with a attack time faster then 1 second. In case of specials you get a Wait for current execution to finish or whatever that line is.

I also do think it's lame to queue up all perks with one button, but I don't see it having that much a game breaking effect. The alphas will not hit / execute any faster.

It also helps if your ranging someone. Queue up/ back out of their range.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

So, basically, what prof will gain awesome alpha madness from this? Shades wont, enfs wont because u dont know what order ur perks are gonna execute in, and to alpha some1 efficiently on a enf u would want some dmg then init debuff then some dmg and etc etc, not just random perk execution, i dont know that every prof operates this way, but i cant really see any1 gaining awesome alpha power they didnt have before from this, there is always some form of execution to use ur alpha perks in thats best/most efficient and with key binding its random rly. And i could have already done this a year with G19 keyboard, tested it, and it fails, hard. Even macroing shade alpha perks with flawless delays, its useless in most cases, nothing beats manual, and nothing ever will.

Get over urselfs.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    So, basically, what prof will gain awesome alpha madness from this? Shades wont, enfs wont because u dont know what order ur perks are gonna execute in, and to alpha some1 efficiently on a enf u would want some dmg then init debuff then some dmg and etc etc, not just random perk execution, i dont know that every prof operates this way, but i cant really see any1 gaining awesome alpha power they didnt have before from this, there is always some form of execution to use ur alpha perks in thats best/most efficient and with key binding its random rly. And i could have already done this a year with G19 keyboard, tested it, and it fails, hard. Even macroing shade alpha perks with flawless delays, its useless in most cases, nothing beats manual, and nothing ever will.

Get over urselfs.
    They que in order of your hotbar btw.

So say you bind 1-0 to 1 button it fires 1, then 2, then 3. Etc, etc
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    They que in order of your hotbar btw.

So say you bind 1-0 to 1 button it fires 1, then 2, then 3. Etc, etc
    Oh, was pretty sure it was like if every button was pressed at the same time, random order everytime, still wouldent change much, manually is always better because not every situation is the same, imo.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Oh, was pretty sure it was like if every button was pressed at the same time, random order everytime, still wouldent change much, manually is always better because not every situation is the same, imo.
    PVP is certainly situational and profession dependent at times. But it does add an advantage, how much remains to be seen.

To me, the point is mostly that it isnt something they needed to add. Custom bindings is long overdue, multi-bindings is potentially balance upsetting. So why add it?

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

biggest advantage is but we still dont know if it really will work like that is, that you might only have to be lucky enough and in sync enough for one range check on melee, for ranged it is allready very easy to queue up perks in the order for the best result. even if you still got multiple range checks for each perk action, anticipating where your client shows the opponent and where the server "thinks" he is and smashing buttons while running makes it a melee only problem to time alphas without the help of external tools, so better make in an internal tool !

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post

they will que up instantly tho, and thats the bigger problem, especially for evade profs with active evade perks ( especially if no dmg mitigation is possible on a prof ) that takes time to activate
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast