Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Neutral Hate from a Dev Team that Doesn't Care?

More Neutral Hate from a Dev Team that Doesn't Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Tokens:

Token packs will be available from the shop in different amounts. This is an item that has been long requested by the community as it represents a very significant time investment to most players. The end-game boards themselves will not be available and will still need to be obtained in the normal fashion.

I hope this means you will be adding In-Game Store buyable Neutral Tokenboards for the same price as the same amount of tokens that give the exact same stats as equivalent Sided Boards, only available from the IGS and with proper TL reqs of course.

Frankly, I'm a little more than a tad irritated at this totally uncalled for Neutral Hate. One of the major factors that sided people quote as an excuse to not give Neutrals proper tokenboards is time involved to get them. You'll be removing that concern, so please remove the consequences of it as well.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

really an rp reason for no token boards is the dumbest thing i heard in ao. Give the dudes a token board. Seems like the most reasonable proposition of all the junk coming from fc as of late.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    really an rp reason for no token boards is the dumbest thing i heard in ao. Give the dudes a token board. Seems like the most reasonable proposition of all the junk coming from fc as of late.
    ^^

Neutrals deserve a board theyre paying players to RP reasons or not
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    It's not RP. Sided people have tokenboards, neutrals have other advantages (being able to do SL mission for both factions, join any side in BS, use both faction SL gardens, use both faction armor, etc).
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

they have token boards. the xan combat and defense ones are good enough for neuts imo. the dread ones are decent too.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

OMG THEY CAN BOTH SIDES ON AN INF MISSION HOLY CRAP MAN THAT"S SO COOL. I rather have more neuts in this game so bs actually has a better chance to run anyways. Neuts are a huge boost to getting bs running. And faction armor is so updated and crappy it doens't matter.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Neutral Tokenboards for the same price as the same amount of tokens that give the exact same stats as equivalent Sided Boards, only available from the IGS
    so you want uber neutral token boards to be added *only* to money shop? no thanks

there thinking about selling levels, tokens, VP , ofab being yes drop.......heck why not give us neutrals tokenboards your already throwing everything else up in the air. Its not like AO even has any RP story anymore regarding Clan vs Omnis......
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by Leevon View Post
    there thinking about selling levels, tokens, VP , ofab being yes drop.......heck why not give us neutrals tokenboards your already throwing everything else up in the air. Its not like AO even has any RP story anymore regarding Clan vs Omnis......
    Nah I want the token board for free so I can buy the tokens to upgrade the board, just to make it fair to all those sided players. Wouldn't want them to feel cheated out of buying their same board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    It's not RP. Sided people have tokenboards, neutrals have other advantages (being able to do SL mission for both factions, join any side in BS, use both faction SL gardens, use both faction armor, etc).
    The In-Game Shop goes beyond ALL RP justifications for anything. There is nothing even remotely "Role Play" about it. Using RP as a reason to prevent me from affording myself the exact same advantages as sided people enjoy is weak at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    so you want uber neutral token boards to be added *only* to money shop? no thanks
    No, I want sided boards usable by Neutrals added only to the money shop. There's not much of a justification for us to have the same boards as them available by playing the game. But, if any sided player can simply buy their tokenboard with the in-game store, then I expect the same treatment. Let's not pretend like it's hard to loot a Kyr'Ozch helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Nah I want the token board for free so I can buy the tokens to upgrade the board, just to make it fair to all those sided players. Wouldn't want them to feel cheated out of buying their same board.
    Makes no difference either way.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

If I buy you a token board with the monopoly money I'm currently using as currency will you come back to AO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

No, I want sided boards usable by Neutrals added only to the money shop.
    so there's no way for a neutral to get that token board "in-game", only by using the paid thingie. no thanks. ^_^

The In-Game Shop goes beyond ALL RP justifications for anything. There is nothing even remotely "Role Play" about it. Using RP as a reason to prevent me from affording myself the exact same advantages as sided people enjoy is weak at best.
    If using RP as reason to prevent you from using sided items is silly, it's also silly to use RP to separate the player base in three camps; Omni, Clan and Neutral. RP is so silly they should just make everyone neutral. Right?

Neutrals have specific advantages because they don't have token boards.
    If you want the exact same advantages of sided players, get an application form; Or make a sane suggestion.
    You can't just get the advantages. You need to get the disadvantages too:

SL missions: Add a new faction type which is used by neutrals. Killing redeemed/unredeemed mobs will reduce this faction. Killing specific mobs will increase it. Neutral SL missions will have these special mobs. (Read: Only get to do SL missions with people of your own faction).
    Tokenboards: Add neutral tokenboards with the same stats & reqs as omni/clan. Restrict neutral missions to neutral players. Don't allow neutrals to join omni/clan missions.
    Chat channels: Restrict access to neutral channels. No access to sided channels.
    Shops: Disallow neutrals from entering omni/clan shops. Disallow omni/clan from entering neutral shops.
    Add neutral tier armors, which have to be retrieved through doing lengthy camping & spending millions of credits.
    Disallow neutrals from using sided armors.
    Make neutrals a third faction on BS; Don't let them pick omni/clan.
    See where I'm going with this?
    You made a decision when you rolled a neutral character. Same as I did when I rolled an Omni character. You have to take the good & the bad that comes with it.

I welcome this item shop with open arms, on one condition: That the prices make it so what's available makes it a last-resort option. Take the twinking buffs for example: It should be so expensive that I'd only want to use it if I was totally unable to find anyone of the given profession to give me a buff.

Since we don't know the prices yet, there's no telling if these things are going to be good or bad.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 14th, 2010 at 10:35:44.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

/agreed Demoder
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

My toons are neutral and if I really want tokenboards for my toons, I make them sided.

More Neutral Hate from a Dev Team that Doesn't Care?
    Can't speak for the dev team but I know I don't.

Remember folks, Neutral is lack of a side, not a choice of a side.

Realistically, Side: Neutral needs to be changed to Side: None
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

So what have Neuts in their Neck, the first 100 lvl ?
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Oh wow a neutral token thread that derails in a typhoon of bullcrap, how unexpected!

I'm out of this, reading all the 'reasons' provided already gave me an headache. All I'd say on the matter is that until the team really look at the matter, and without rp reasons or flat excuses, we'll keep comparing additions to the game.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

This is an MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. If you think using story/RP elements as reasoning for stuff is stupid, you should look into some other genre.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast