Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Neutral Hate from a Dev Team that Doesn't Care?

Means already said a few months ago they're not going to give neuts token boards because then everyone would just roll neut. The 200+ side changes are also proof they don't really want us to progress as a third faction. FC implemented neuts just for RP reasons in the first place, I guess they pretty much regret it now
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

How thick are you people, really? You think the dev team hates you because they haven't made a token board? You think you're down-prioritized, like it would take even some effort from them to give you a copy of the existing sided token boards? Well, it wouldn't. And hey, luckily, clue is in the title! Sided token board. If you want one, join a side!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    ... And hey, luckily, clue is in the title! Sided token board. If you want one, join a side!
    Red is a color and Blue is a color
    Green is not Red or Blue
    Therefore Green is not a color

Omni is a side and Clan is a side
    Neutral is not Omni or Clan
    Therefore Neutral is not a side

Omni is a side
    Clan is not omni
    Therefore Clan is not a side

Clan is a side
    Omni is not clan
    Therefore Omni is not a side
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 14th, 2010 at 14:10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    Red is a color and Blue is a color
    Green is not Red or Blue
    Therefore Green is not a color

Omni is a side and Clan is a side
    Neutral is not Omni or Clan
    Therefore Neutral is not a side

Omni is a side
    Clan is not omni
    Therefore Clan is not a side

Clan is a side
    Omni is not clan
    Therefore Omni is not a side
    Your argument is flawed.

Neutral, Omni and Clan are factions.
    The Neutral faction has not chosen a side in the clan/omni wars, thus is labeled "Neutral".
    Omni and Clan are the two sides of the war, which is the main story element in AO (before SL & all that ancient Xan stuff anyway).
    Neutrals didn't pick a side; They chose to stay out of it.

Some days, I think there's extremely few who manage to keep two thoughts in their head at the same time..

Other than that... If Neutrals are to get token boards, they need to lose something else. And then they'd be all cookie cutter like clan&omni, nothing special with them.

Isn't it nice to be able to say "I managed to kill you even though I have no token board!"?
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 14th, 2010 at 16:45:09.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder
    Other than that... If Neutrals are to get token boards, they need to lose something else.
    Sure. I want to lose the same thing omni/clan lost when they went from this board and this token to this board and this token. Oh, wait, what did they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56
    How thick are you people, really? You think the dev team hates you because they haven't made a token board? You think you're down-prioritized, like it would take even some effort from them to give you a copy of the existing sided token boards? Well, it wouldn't. And hey, luckily, clue is in the title! Sided token board. If you want one, join a side!
    Clue for you. I don't want an omniclan token board, I want a neut token board. But also neuts are a side, so where is my sided board? The one with same stats on it as omniclan boards?
    Last edited by drops; Nov 14th, 2010 at 17:30:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    See where I'm going with this?
    You made a decision when you rolled a neutral character. Same as I did when I rolled an Omni character. You have to take the good & the bad that comes with it.
    When I rolled said Neutral characters, there wasn't a way to slap down a credit card number and loot a single item to maximize your "sided benefits" (which is a totally debatable pile of bull, but I'm going to stick to the topic at hand). Frankly, I don't think FC has even considered giving Neutrals good neck items buyable in that in-game shop. Consider this as a suggestion to them.
    This is an MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. If you think using story/RP elements as reasoning for stuff is stupid, you should look into some other genre.
    What are the story/RP reasons behind tokens? There isn't one when you can use real money to buy them, regardless of price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    Means already said a few months ago they're not going to give neuts token boards because then everyone would just roll neut. The 200+ side changes are also proof they don't really want us to progress as a third faction. FC implemented neuts just for RP reasons in the first place, I guess they pretty much regret it now
    A few months ago there was no in-game store that sold tokens for real money. All I'm asking for is a little balancing out of what can be bought. It has always been an argument brought up in Neutral threads that the time-sink involved justified the drastically better stats on sided boards. If you can buy tokens and get your tokenboard for literally 0 in-game effort, then I expect that I should be able to buy the same amount of stats since I will be putting in the exact same amount of effort.
    Your argument is flawed.

Neutral, Omni and Clan are factions.
    The Neutral faction has not chosen a side in the clan/omni wars, thus is labeled "Neutral".
    Omni and Clan are the two sides of the war, which is the main story element in AO (before SL & all that ancient Xan stuff anyway).
    Neutrals didn't pick a side; They chose to stay out of it.

Some days, I think there's extremely few who manage to keep two thoughts in their head at the same time..

Other than that... If Neutrals are to get token boards, they need to lose something else. And then they'd be all cookie cutter like clan&omni, nothing special with them.

Isn't it nice to be able to say "I managed to kill you even though I have no token board!"?
    Neutrals aren't "getting tokenboards" with this suggestion. They are merely getting an option to balance out the concept of effort vs reward. This new in-game store takes what was a legitimate time-sink, drops it down to 0 effort, and still retains the maximum reward.

Please notice that I'm not mentioning this as a way to solve Neutral neck item issues. This is only related to items buyable through the in-game store. Neutral neck items need reviewed from the ground up like Means promised he would, and most likely has been entirely forgotten. If any sided person is allowed to get such massive stat benefits for 0 effort, then I expect the same treatment.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

SultryVoltron: Adding neutral neck items to the store would be providing a significant power bonus via the store, which ain't retrievable in any other way. Adding tokens is just a way of bailing out of the effort to get them (which is near zero if you bother doing daily missions). See the difference?

drops: Being neutral means you're not sided. You're not a side. You're a faction. You might want a faction board...? Guess what, you already have several.
    It's not going to be a token board unless it requires tokens.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

tl;dr:
    Join an actual side.
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Ok, so I want a neut (as a faction) token board. Tokens have nothing to do with whatever RP omniclan conflict there was at some point. Why are there omni (as a faction) token boards and clan (as a faction) token boards and not a neut token board? Because some people's (like the guy posting above me) inferiority complex would kick in if someone perceived as "lesser" would suddenly have the same potential power as them? Is there any other reason? RP went out the window long before, the day first token guns bag changed hands.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Ok, so I want a neut (as a faction) token board. Tokens have nothing to do with whatever RP omniclan conflict there was at some point. Why are there omni (as a faction) token boards and clan (as a faction) token boards and not a neut token board? Because some people's (like the guy posting above me) inferiority complex would kick in if someone perceived as "lesser" would suddenly have the same potential power as them? Is there any other reason? RP went out the window long before, the day first token guns bag changed hands.
    Tokens are given as a reward for you helping side X fight side Y.
    That's a very solid RP argument.

Since neutrals are technically not at war with anyone, there's not a token system for them.

That being said, clan towers should drop omni tokens, and vice versa. That'd rock.

Being neutral means you're not sided. You're not a side.
    This.

Tokens have EVERYTHING to do with your performance for one of the TWO sides you may join.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

So how is buying a bag of DSCDs a reward for helping your side? Hell, how can something you can buy with your credit card be a reward for helping your side? That RP argument was "solid" some years ago, not the case anymore.

Since neutrals are technically not at war with anyone, there's not a token system for them.

That being said, clan towers should drop omni tokens, and vice versa. That'd rock.
    Tokens are something you buy from the in-game shop without helping out your side one single time. That's a very dilluted RP argument.

I expect that I should be able to get the same rewards for not helping out either side, i.e. a Neutral.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

So how is buying a bag of DSCDs a reward for helping your side? Hell, how can something you can buy with your credit card be a reward for helping your side? That RP argument was "solid" some years ago, not the case anymore.
    Bold part: Someone killed sided mobs to get those, and you paid them for doing so. Then you get rewarded with a token for handing them in.
    Non-bold part: No idea. But that one thing isn't following the storyline does not mean they should ditch it all-together.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Tokens are something you buy from the in-game shop without helping out your side one single time. That's a very dilluted RP argument.

I expect that I should be able to get the same rewards for not helping out either side, i.e. a Neutral.
    Except the bit about how paying $ for tokens isn't in line with role play, you're making no sense.

Edit: You're basically saying "I think it's a bad thing that people can buy tokens for cash, therefore I want neutrals to get token boards!". It makes no sense... You *should* be complaining about tokens being buyable, not about neutral neck items.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 14th, 2010 at 20:33:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder
    Bold part: Someone killed sided mobs to get those, and you paid them for doing so. Then you get rewarded with a token for handing them in.
    Non-bold part: No idea. But that one thing isn't following the storyline does not mean they should ditch it all-together.
    So how did you help your side if someone else killed those mobs? Why can't a neut pay someone else kill the same mobs? Stop being a hypocrite. The storyline went the way of the dodo already, you can't pull a "ok, not following the storyline" when helping non-neuts and "not ok, ditching the storyline altogether" when it's about neuts.
    Things you buy with your CC need to be equal for everyone. Tokens for everyone or no tokens at all. Hell, go even further, make token guns/DSCDs nodrop. If you want to stick with that RP, make them be a true reward, not something that show how deep are your ingame/irl pockets.

So how did you help your side if someone else killed those mobs? Why can't a neut pay someone else kill the same mobs? Stop being a hypocrite. The storyline went the way of the dodo already, you can't pull a "ok, not following the storyline" when helping non-neuts and "not ok, ditching the storyline altogether" when it's about neuts.
    I helped my side by being a customer who bought those guns.
    If there were no customers, that person wouldn't have looted the guns (unless they were going to use them themselves).

A neutral could pay someone else to kill those mobs. But neutrals are not employees of Omnitek, nor are they members of the Clan factions. This means neither Omnitek or Clan is willing to give them rewards for doing this.

As a neutral, you could go kill those mobs and sell the guns to omnis/clans, though, and make a profit.

Please learn how an open market works before you try to label me as being a hypocrite.

Things you buy with your CC need to be equal for everyone. Tokens for everyone or no tokens at all. Hell, go even further, make token guns/DSCDs nodrop. If you want to stick with that RP, make them be a true reward, not something that show how deep are your ingame/irl pockets
    Bold part: I agree. I never said that having tokens in the store is a good thing.
    I'm just saying that "I think having tokens available in a store is a bad thing" isn't a valid argument for implementing neutral token boards. It's an excellent argument for not having the tokens in the store, however. But the OP didn't suggest that with a word, nor did you. You're just using a valid concern as ammunition for something unrelated.

Please grow up.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 14th, 2010 at 20:58:10.

So spending creds is worthy of a reward if you're omniclan, but not if you're neut. Hypocrite.

Bold part: I agree. I never said that having tokens in the store is a good thing.
    So spending creds is worthy of a reward if you're omniclan, but not if you're neut. Hypocrite.
    You didn't even read my post. I'm unsure why neutrals don't get rewards from omni/clan, it might have something to do with loyalty. (you'd have to switch to their side to be loyal enough, I guess).

Ignoring you from here on in, as you're not capable of running a civil discussion. You just resort to unwarranted namecalling.

Edit:
    Your reward would be the credits that omni/clan players are willing to pay for the guns.
    You totally ignored that I called you on using a valid concern as ammunition to something unrelated. You resorted to namecalling instead. You *really* need to grow up.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 14th, 2010 at 21:11:05.

Hypocrite. Go buy some DCSD bags off a clanner that killed some omni mobs to get them, yeah, you as an omni are truly supporting your side.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast