Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random crashing..

Random crashing..

after last patch, ive been getting random game crashes 3-6 times every day. didnt happen before patch.

anyone else having these problems?

Yes me too. Happens at random, both on zoning and also quite out of the blue.

Before patch, zoning did crash me alot. After latest patch, never. So can't confirm this.

I know 2 other people who has crashes after the new patch.
    Both are on Win7, one runs 32bit the other 64bit.

Win7 64 here. Random crashing since patch.

Also since patch AO crashes every single time I log off with client.exe causing an issue with some dll I can't recall the name of at the moment.

Been sending the error reports.

My AO almost always crashes when I log off since latest patch, and I have to kill Client.exe with taskmanager. Im using Win 7 too. No problems on my old PC with XP SP3 ...

P.S.: Plz give us the old nano icons back!
    Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustür stattfindet...

My AO also crashes, whenever I exit the game.

If I was actually done for the night, this would be nothing more than a minor annoyance. However, since I am probably changing characters - this is a serious pain

using windows xp here, so it's not only windows 7 problem

Corrupted Prefs seem to be the culprit for me

Renamed the individual Char#### folders so it gets recreated when I logged the toon back in. Each one I've done so far no longer causes the crashing on logoff at least.

Going to try copying Chat/Containers/Dock Areas in one at a time and see if I can at least keep from having to set/rename all those again.

If something comes of that I'll update here again.

Yeah me too, Its only happened while zoning for me. Happened 3 times in the 3 hours i was loged on.

Forgot to mention that the crashes happened while zoning thru:
    Whoompah
    BattleStation sign-up area
    Mission
    Last edited by stonehaven; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 18:42:20.

this has been going on for me ever since the patch. On average I crash on logout about 1 out of two times. And it hasnt mattered what character. Waiting to see what specific files it might be since resetting my prefs would NOT be a good option with all the nano bars, and chat windows I have running would be a real pain to reset.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Seems to have started back up since playing for a while with recreated prefs, wtb server side bag names!!!! this sucks

I'm getting a crash on about 80% of the time when I log off. My prefs seem to get saved, which never normally happens with a crash, but it's still very annoying having to end task on a frozen ao window, sending or not the bug report etc.

Win7 64bit btw
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Bump same here Win XP
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Win7 - AO reports crash almost every time Ive exitted game...doesnt really bother me too much but that sure shouldnt be like that.
    Atlantean:
    Nermindgobot 220/30/70 - beloved engineer (=
    Nermind2 150/20/42 - MA - s10 alium's best friend!
    Nermindgrid 150/20/40 - fixer, oh no, not s10 again...
    Nermindmini - secret agent just starting out
    Nermindaad - a starting out crat
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no such thing as real life, everything off the PC is AFK. (c)

Never happens for me; it did happen quite often pre-patch, but post not a crash in sight.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I wonder how many of you guys experiencing crashes on quitting AO, are using Win7 and have AO installed in the program_files folder?

That might be a culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    I wonder how many of you guys experiencing crashes on quitting AO, are using Win7 and have AO installed in the program_files folder?

That might be a culprit.
    Windows 7 - Check

Installed in "Program Files" - negative

I can't guarantee that it was the culprit; but since my Kapersky had expired (free trial with PC) - I uninstalled it and went with MSE - no crashes since then ...

I'll chime in and say that almost every time I log off, the client bombs. Win7 64bit.

And no, AO is obviously not installed in the wrong place. Never been.
    ಠ_ಠ

I have more crashes, lag and rubberbanding as well after this patch.
    It didn't use to be a problem, but now it is..
    Win XP

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast