Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In game store prices

"[Clan OOC] Notrik: WTS Victory Points Package: 50000, please send offer"

No nodrop tag. People will buy them just to turn it around for in game credits, FC should have just put a "Buy AO credits" button in the item store.

On top of that the special edition ofab backs / helms are yesdrop and on gms now. Wich is just another route to "Buy AO credits". Welcome to the new inflation.
    Last edited by indicas; Nov 17th, 2010 at 18:39:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    Someone will buy the 1k tokens... just wait for it....
    Friend of mine just did, pretty much the minute he heard about it.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    yes that's a better explanation hehe i just hate explaining things sometimes, it just turns out sounding wrong :P
    Well, I'm at work right now, bored, and had the time, so I thought I'd get more specific.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

OK 25k VP costs $50
    SL map costs $25
    Replica sentinel/otaf armor is $1
    replica ai armor is $10
    replica beast armor is $8 dollars
    xpstims are like $15-50 depending on quantity/quality
    social items are way overpriced.
    leet pet is $3

These are round about estimates but are pretty close
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by indicas View Post
    "[Clan OOC] Notrik: WTS Victory Points Package: 50000, please send offer"

No nodrop tag. People will buy them just to turn it around for in game credits, FC should have just put a "Buy AO credits" button in the item store.

On top of that the special edition ofab backs / helms are yesdrop and on gms now. Wich is just another route to "Buy AO credits". Welcome to the new inflation.
    I believe EVE works just fine, with similar system in game.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

This will just bite into the credit selling websites is all. FC might as well benefit if someone out there wants to pay cash for pixels. (Although I still say they are some VERY expensive pixels)...
    "If your not strong enough to accept the truth, you're already dead. You just don't know it yet."

220 MP - Darkmoch
    150 Sol - Javanated
    100 Enfo - JavaJava
    60 Enfo - Darkfears
    1** MA - Darkfu - <3
    & more failed projects than I'd care to admit!

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    This will just bite into the credit selling websites is all. FC might as well benefit if someone out there wants to pay cash for pixels. (Although I still say they are some VERY expensive pixels)...
    Really depends on how much they go for doesn't it? If the cost of buying 500mil is $75 and they can sell $50 worth of VP for 500mil, then wouldn't it benefit the credit sellers? They're selling the VP (or whatever) to the ingame players whom normally wouldn't touch a 3rd party credit seller and obtaining credits to sell to the player whom would.

those prices are too low

skipping grinds should be as painfull as the grinds themselves
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

There is no such thing as too high prices for things that shouldn't be in-game (e.g. vp, tokens). So if it absolutely must be in-game, current price or higher is fine.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Can VPs be used to buy this stuff? Or just FC points?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Only FC Points
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Figures
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I actually wanted to buy some VP myself today when I saw the patch was going live...but the prices really made me think twice about that.

However, what I think I was witnessing was a great revival/revision of BS. Now people have an incentive to grind BS for VP so they can sell OFAB for creds.

And since the shops are still profession-locks Im gonna guess some people will make BS pvp characters of "rare" professions because they will likely bring in more creds pr vp.

So at first I have to say I think the prices were over the top. But as I started thinking about it I think it might just be perfect. Its expensive enough that people will think twice about buying, but at the same time the new mechanics make it very profitable to farm VP in BS.

I would be VERY surprised if the price for a 199 character-package isnt pretty much the same as 100k VP...120 euro/usd. And I think its fair enough. Its too pricy for me, but considering what I've heard in the "grapevine" about prices for being leveled 1-220 I think this is actually pretty cheap, yet pricy enough to make people consider if they find it worth it.

Two thumbs up to Funcom for this change and I hope it brings in enough money to fund AO and even crank out a big ol expansion of the size of Shadowlands :-D
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

I personally don't see yet what the problem is with the high prices of some of the items....like vp or

the token board? I mean, fc still wants ppl to PLAY the game, not just buy up everything they

need for a toon then get bored more quickly. from what i see from stuff like social clothes and fun

little things, they seem fairly reasonably priced, and bigger deal items don't come cheap, that's not

surprising to me, what do ppl expect?? I have about 2500ish points to spend, and I didn't have to

make any extra purchases of these pts other than just continuing to pay for the game. I won't buy

the things that are very high in price, and I don't think my enjoyment of the game will suffer as a

result.

Every single thing in the store is 100% optional, you don't like the price then you don't have to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by certain View Post
    Every single thing in the store is 100% optional, you don't like the price then you don't have to buy it.
    Here, Here

/raises glass
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Prices are too low, $F$C$ introduced the slippery slope, they'll gradually reduce them in time so they can make their $$ instead of the credsellers. It is good to see the player protests had some effect, doubtless the prices would have been much lower to maximise revenue if only the fanbois had spoken.
    How do you mean that it is good to see that player protests had any effect? I mean, really, we have nothing to compare to in terms of pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    I agree, I was just going from your wording. Maybe some items are account wide, some are specific to a character. Or are all items character specific?
    Items are character specific. So you will want to think twice before you reroll the toon if you bought the tokens with real money or got the global bank or gms or veteran healing/nano chargers.... cause they will be gone.

Hmmm.... maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

Prices seems to be right. So AO can be f2p, when new engine comes. BTW I've tried conan on my notebook - 60fps, realy amazing.

I was going to buy some items which I can't get in game (gms, bank, maybe mediklab), but price is to high for me. NP it is an option.
    Dragocz RK1

SHOP prices

6000 points for 2k tokens.
    9600 points for 50k VP ? wtf is this ? a joke ?

In "ofab" shop you can get 2k tokens for 140k VP.

Checking this against shop prices....6000 points should be equal to 140k VP.
    And 9600points a lot more.

I bet there are other possibilities where prices are wrong..
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast