Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: wtb old nano icons back

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    yeah, standart 18.4 gui without borders
    1. download http://www.anarchyonline.org.ru/GUIGFX_M.zip
    2. unpack 2 files from archive to "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives"
    3. select new gui in launcher settings =)

both notum and dovve will fix it too i bet )
    gr8!! u just made my AO screen pleasant again!!!
    now il try to see how to fit em into my custom gui tnx tnx tnx
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    oO So we have to "patch" AO and fix bad design on our own now... nice!
    now just to find the way to patch the item shop out of the game and were on right path back again,,,
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    now just to find the way to patch the item shop out of the game and were on right path back again,,,
    this --^
    </3 Korea Online
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Kinda wondering why peopel wont just wait for a week or 2 to see if they get used to the icons and such? Surely most of you who have been in this game for ages know better than insta-whine about something as trite as looks of a nano or a button untill you look at it for some time.

Just my 2 cents tis all. Im not going to emo rage/quit over something as minor as this.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    this --^
    </3 Korea Online
    shameless promotion of an idea stolen by me from CCP ( Eve Online's dev )

Real Money Transfer - HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE

i think you'd like it
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    Unbind the key, and comment the button out of the xml, voila you can't access it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post
    Kinda wondering why peopel wont just wait for a week or 2 to see if they get used to the icons and such? Surely most of you who have been in this game for ages know better than insta-whine about something as trite as looks of a nano or a button untill you look at it for some time.
    I looked at them every day & disliked them more, and I'm quite aware of whether I find something bearable or not thanks. I went about trying to fix them & worked out how, so I think that's actually productive, no? kinda wondering why you felt the need to be so patronising.
    Last edited by Kari; Nov 21st, 2010 at 22:13:14.

Tl;dr version: People can easily fix the icons if they don't like them, and the cash shop is not even needed to enjoy the game so what is the point of this whining?

Version for people who don't mind reading:

Perhaps I'm just posting in the wrong thread, given as I do not belong to the group of those who really feel inflicted, pained, or otherwise disgusted by the new nanos icons etc.

Personally though, I do like the look of the new nano icons and glad they were introduced. Seriously, perhaps it could've just been done as an mod, but what is done is done no? That being said people still have the option to use the old nano icons, in the form of a mod if what I read is correct and from what I've gathered (since I've not really messed with gui mods) it is not really a difficult process to do so there you go.

As far as the cash shop idea goes and that Korea Online thing. Doesn't really stand up since the idea of a Korean Cash shop involves items you need to buy to enjoy something that's not the bare bones game while losing out in a competitive way to any player who (ab)uses the cash shop for items.

Here tbh, the cash shop items are not needed to enjoy the game so if you don't like just plain and simply don't use them! Only thing you might miss out on are a few appearance items which if you'd been around long enough you would've/could've collected them already. Or even just a bit slower leveling (well crap takes you a whole day to get to 205+ instead of half a day leveling on hecklers), if you don't want to pay money for the items.

And if people want to buy them? Great! They get what ever they wanted to pay for and it helps FC out a bit.

Sorry for the wall o' text but yeah... I still do not get what all the fuss is about, sorry guys :/

Agreed with Chibi....

New icons look fine - just unfamiliar. Actually after getting used to them I like them a lot better.

And the crap available in the shop, by and large (leveling services, token service, AI armors) have been available for "over 5 years" with "no account bans" from a third party website for real cash.

FC stealing the money from these jerkwads is a fine thing IMO. This stuff all existed (with the exception of the social armors, but really? who gives a crap? I'd still rather farm OmniMed battle armor than pay for it) The only logical objection would be that you yourself are losing money from this - i.e. no longer being able to ebay items via a "reputable, customer service oriented" third party site.

Just my opinion mind you.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post

Just my 2 cents tis all. Im not going to emo rage/quit over something as minor as this.
    EDITED: its wrong to bitch abt this to some1 that doesnt get it
    seems we found a way to remove ****ty icons from game, tnx for all support everybody.
    Last edited by WizMeister3000; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 09:43:46.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    You..what?
    Usually game resolutions are not measured in video resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    He just wants to point out that he isn't running interlaced.

Actually it comes as little surprise that the people who would complain about a few pixels of colour would also pick at that. Coming from a video background it was the term that sprang to mind.
    Last edited by Structure; Nov 23rd, 2010 at 03:22:38. Reason: less inflammatory

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I play at 1920x1080 or 1600x1000 if windowed. the GUI mess is simply one of too many superfluous lines, aside from the fact that the icons were too big yet unintelligible (too much the "same") anyway. We should get that guy who did the unique graphics for rings to do an update, but as a free mod I can't imagine what the recent changes be like on my old machines (1200x800 or w/e) which were hideously cluttered
    That's already happening and the coloration is in preparation for that. Only it was put out a bit too early.

Also, why on earth would you play in two very different resolutions, one of which doesn't even fit on your monitor, or so it would seem, based on the 1920x1080 part.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Structure View Post
    Actually it comes as little surprise that the people who would complain about a few pixels of colour would also pick at that. Coming from a video background it was the term that sprang to mind.
    If you notice then I'm not complaining about this in the slightest I just find it amusing that people use video resolution denominations, which really don't make much of any sense, to tell what resolution they play games at, when there's no correlation between the resolution of a video, which I think I've yet to see any actual video run at, and the resolution of a videogame or PC monitor.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

That's already happening and the coloration is in preparation for that. Only it was put out a bit too early.

Also, why on earth would you play in two very different resolutions, one of which doesn't even fit on your monitor, or so it would seem, based on the 1920x1080 part.
    Why not? My monitor is 1680x1050 but I play in a 1440x900 window so i can access everything in windows very easily whilst I am playing and really don't care about having AO fullscreen.

If you notice then I'm not complaining about this in the slightest I just find it amusing that people use video resolution denominations, which really don't make much of any sense, to tell what resolution they play games at, when there's no correlation between the resolution of a video, which I think I've yet to see any actual video run at, and the resolution of a videogame or PC monitor.
    To be fair the ATi drivers ( yes, latest Catalyst ) list the resolution my current monitor runs at as "1080p", there is no actual 1920x1080 option - and yes that made me scratch my head too.

Somewhat offtopic, but where the hell has 1920x1200 gone on new monitors.

1920x1200 were sacrificed when marketing found out "1080p" sounds cooler.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Why not? My monitor is 1680x1050 but I play in a 1440x900 window so i can access everything in windows very easily whilst I am playing and really don't care about having AO fullscreen.
    I don't know, for one i would wonder why the fullscreen listed was 1080px high and the windowed was 1200px high.That doesn't make any sense.
    The Red Brotherhood

ndGUI might be solving this 'problem' soon(tm). Check Knowledge Database forum for updates tomorrow.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567