Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: wtb old nano icons back

my mirrorball says "2207030 FC points for a magical item that enables old icons" from item store

It's not just the nano icons, but some of the perk icons look horrendous, especially ones that are the start of chains (Unsealed Blight/Capture Vigor/Stab/Double Stab).
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

The nano icons look horrendous, the longer shortcut bar is cutting into my windows, and the big fuzzy perk icons are literally making my eyes hurt.

So... yeah, /signed.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

They said they recolored them based on their type... totally don't see what they were going for, it just looks like another border.

Instead of upgrading the nano icons, they should have spent more time on the perk icons so they don't all look the same.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

For keepers its a lot of yello, but thats alright. Reminds me of my first experience with Ryanair Perks, procs, selfbuffs and buffing part of aura are yello while base for auras are green. Looks like OB/basics are white. Can live with this.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

OMG the perk hotbar icons are HORRIBLE.
    Looks like they have been doodled in paint and added a blur filter on em!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post
    They said they recolored them based on their type... totally don't see what they were going for, it just looks like another border.

Instead of upgrading the nano icons, they should have spent more time on the perk icons so they don't all look the same.
    Yeah make the actual icon look different or something not make some retarded border that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Makes everything look so square-shaped as well ugh...

Everything looks pixelated and lower quality now. Not sure what exactly was done to the icons, but they look stretched and just bad now. I am sure you guys can do a better job than this. Come on guys, upgrade != lower quality

Okay, I hate to add to whine threads, but I have to admit even ignoring the pixelation and rainbow colors everyone else has been complaining about so far... my main issue is the increase in hotbar size. Not everyone can afford a huge monitor and I'd kinda like to have the option to get my previous amount of free screen space back, lol. :s It's not a huge difference in theory, but it's big enough that I've had to rearrange my GUI a fair amount and it can't help but be bothered by it... :s
    :E

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpedinc View Post
    One of the most nonsensical fix/change ever.

It doesn't benefit anything except degrading the looks of the GUI.

Agreed.
    /signed

revert them back
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

im usually not supporting any reverting... but I fail to see the benefit of having borders, its a mere shock to visual taste at the moment
    I think most players already know which nano is good for what etc.

so yes, if its possible, revert it

otherwise most changes seem pretty nice
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Horrible looks on icons in ncu/pet window, can barely make out what icon it is depending on resolution, other than that they are very ugly and squashed with that silly border, specially in pet window.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

They're okay but it doesn't feel good to have another border under the classic border on the ncu window. It make them quite small.

If they could overlay the normal borders it would be perfect.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

My doctors hotbar looks like a 16 colors 1985 atari game now. >_<

I don't dare to log my shade.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Well I haven't gotten to see them on my own itty bitty laptop screen since I keep getting a patch error, but I have seen them on my husband's screen and they are horrible! Bring back old icons!

/Signed Enchantress
    Enchantress - 220/30 Adv----- -Hunnee - 220/30 Trader
    Suur - 220/30 Enf-----------------Schnappi - 220/30 MP
    Callmeina911 - 220/30 Doc-----Barwench - 220/30 Keeper
    Xpmeh - 220/30 Crat-------------Upho (UFO) - 220/30 Soldier
    Nightshade69 - 220/30 Shade
    Hunneebadger - 165/22 NT--------A few others I don't play as much
    Hunneedew - 60/6 Enf
    Spioonix 110/12 Agent

ccl, they look fine to me

the perk actions look like the ones after SL got released iirc, at least now the clear distinction between the 2 bio perks is back

The more I play the more I dislike this. I have my ncu window in list mode and this makes it alot harder to differentiate between what is running, it is just a smeared mess.

Can we not get some comment from FC about why this was implemented? It appears to be almost universally hated and I can see absolutely no need for it.

I am finding this more and more offputting to my gameplay rather than getting used to it.

Why oh why oh why oh why FC?

Sort it out ffs.

I can't help but think the new Icons were made on "Take Your Kid to Work Day". They are horrible. I run 7 to 8 Hot Bars at a time on my one toon and now I've lost quite a bit of "Clean" Space on my GUI (Area where I can see the game and not a Hot Bar/Window) because of this.

Please tell me these Icons were just a Mistake and will be changed back to the old Icons in the inevitable "Made-a-Mistake-with-the-Shop-and-Have-to-Fix-It" Patch
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."-Occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.
    AO will survive.

any time I log into AO I feel to just log right back out when I see those fugly icons :/

/signed
    Sapna
    Imag3
    Bisque
    Onnz
    Helpmepls

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast