Thread: Unable to open ste statel file for playfield 4605

Unable to open ste statel file for playfield 4605

Recently tried to zone from Inferno Sanctuary (omni) to Oasis with one of my chars when AO bombed to desktop and from that moment on would flash this pop-up at me every time I try to log that char again.

Unable to open ste statel file for playfield 4605
    ಠ_ಠ

Sounds like your installation is corrupt. You might have to reinstall AO. Make sure you backup your prefs folder.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thats what I been thinking, its also why I dont try to zone there with another char. But first I want my moneys worth and a CS person to check it for me.

Though, its sunday and I've been 3rd in the petition queue for 25 minutes now.
    ಠ_ಠ

Seems like sunday ARKs and GMs dont work.

Anyway, I bet the patch is to blame if my AO installation has been corrupted, considering a) the number of people with crash issues on login, logoff or in between (my client crashes almost every time when I log out) and b) this installation is 5+ years old and never got wrecked before - would be a funny coincidence if that happens "just like that" right now.

Well, all this speculation doesnt help me...
    ಠ_ಠ

Which patch they did some re-exporting of zones? Can it be related to this?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I did exactly the same zone the other night, Friday I think, worked fine for me.

So could be a random event or something related to local files.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I cant definitely say what it was. I petitioned twice but gave up after waiting for too long and logged to re-install. After I finished, I logged the char in question, only to find out that a GM moved it to ICC. Thank you GM Ghyx for the second attempt.

I still have to old installation and could try again but I dont want to take any chances
    ಠ_ಠ