Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warping/Difficult to zone/Rubberbanding

Warping/Difficult to zone/Rubberbanding

Anyone else experiencing all the usual FC goodies listed in the title?
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

I noticed. I keep warping/rubberbanding a lot since the patches today. Also a lot of the time zoning doesn't get triggered. Zoning takes a long time. My 220 doctor actually got nibbled to death by GREEN mobs in the time between zoning started (screen went black) and actual zoning. I get a lot of "no line of sight" spam even when I am standing on top of the mob. Sometimes it takes forever before I start actually casting although I get the "executing XXX" message in chat. The list goes on and on...

No problems for me here in the UK. Did a Beast raid earlier and it played fine.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I got the same undocumented negative product enhancement in the last patch series too, my toon has died a few times as a result, and more often I have thought I have run to grid terminal or something, used it and after several seconds bounced back to the gate of Rome Red as an example. Making playing very annoying indeed.
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

its your isp.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Also been having the same type of issues in game since I got home today, fwiw.
    Uk
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Never had any problems until the last 2 patches. Now it is a real PITA.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Started rubber banding after 18.3 patch, wasn't rubber banding before they fixed "client -server sync" issue which actually created the same issue for me

No rubberbanding, but nanocasting often seems delayed in some zones (OA), and definitely more zoning problems. Often D/C on zoning as well. Don't even team now since the constant D/Cs would annoy the hell out of anyone teaming with me :S

Has anyone tried reinstalling AO from scratch and seen an improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    Has anyone tried reinstalling AO from scratch and seen an improvement?
    I did. Rubberband is 100% in pen. Its prolly something weird that makes AO think you are inside something and warp you back to the last "unstucked" place.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

WTB an option to revert back to the old code for client-server sync fix patch and after that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I did. Rubberband is 100% in pen. Its prolly something weird that makes AO think you are inside something and warp you back to the last "unstucked" place.
    Thanks, you saved me a lot of time and effort

they'll find a way to fix it...

until then the official response is: its your isp. if you think it was the patch that did it, its just coincidence that your isp decided to suck at the same time patch went live. also, if your harddrive is full of pr0n, all your programs will still run normally, but ao has pron detector built in with latest patch that purposefully makes your gameplay experience degrade upon detection or said pron. last but not least, if you have recently used your pc for anything other than AO, you are now at risk of AO not functioning properly. this is due to the finickiness of the coding of AO, and just like a house of cards, a small breeze may cause everything to callapse. so, if you've recently opened a text file, clicked a link or have done anything at all besides play ao on your pc, you are the cause. if you have pron on harddrive, you are also causing AO failure. if neither of the above apply, then it is coincidence that your isp decided to start failing after patch went live. thank you for playing ao.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

^ Standard rudimentary AO Customer Support answer.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Noticed rubberbanding in Penumbra when you don't wear the glasses is horrible. Every 5 steps forward snaps you 4 steps back. Took my doc (not enough adventuring!) around 15-20 minutes to run from the portal to the fortress.

Seems like a funny conclusion to blame the glasses, but my dual logged shade didn't get any rubberbanding at all. I've also been having the same issue some time back when I ran through on the shade and didn't want to unequip the helm I wore. That time I caved in and swapped, and it worked fine.

Ah well! Just thought I'd share this exciting story.
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

Aye some rubber-banding is known to be connected to environmental effects. This is actually a known connection that goes back to closed beta testing of SL. Worst back then was if you zoned out of the pool with the aquagear on... then you boinged around in Adonis like an insane person.

It has to do with the effect causing synch issues and is one of those things that needs to be balanced... too much correction in either direction can end up causing problems. This is also why rubber-banding resurfaced as an issue recently, when FC were adjusting the synch mechanics in order to address kiting/run-speed changes etc.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Aye some rubber-banding is known to be connected to environmental effects. This is actually a known connection that goes back to closed beta testing of SL. Worst back then was if you zoned out of the pool with the aquagear on... then you boinged around in Adonis like an insane person.

It has to do with the effect causing synch issues and is one of those things that needs to be balanced... too much correction in either direction can end up causing problems. This is also why rubber-banding resurfaced as an issue recently, when FC were adjusting the synch mechanics in order to address kiting/run-speed changes etc.

X
    So ten years and they still haven't fixed it? Seems par for the course with FC.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    Maybe change the code entirely..it's enough with visulals/animations being underwater for the player, for me at least.

Bump... major annoyance. Took me like 2 minutes to get from Pande statue to Omni HQ.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Bump... major annoyance. Took me like 2 minutes to get from Pande statue to Omni HQ.
    How many times did you rubberband? We could make it a competition to see who rubberbands the most My record is 7 times I believe.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast