Thread: Vps

Vps

Though I disagreed with the level changes for bs, it did bring life to some battlestations that didn't run as well. The bs daily helped too.

But making VPS buyable and allowing ofab to be yesdrop, reverses all those changes. People will just grind vps on their tl7s and buy/sell vps for their alts. Leading to the death of lvl 1 to 214 bs.

Well not death, but those bses will now run less often sadly than they did pre patch.

My solution, make it so you can only trade ofab parts to people of your own bs range.
    Last edited by Anarchic1; Nov 18th, 2010 at 05:59:46.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Or suck it up and deal with inactive BSs and face the fact that PvP really isn't that big of an interest for the general populace.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

I've never really understood why some PVMers absolutely cannot tolerate the slightest possibility that PVP might give you access to a decent set of gear outside of PVM.

Edit: Or that the 0.1% of AO gear that wasn't as easily available via PVM is gamebreakingly bad
    Last edited by Chrys; Nov 18th, 2010 at 06:30:26.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    Or suck it up and deal with inactive BSs and face the fact that PvP really isn't that big of an interest for the general populace.
    It seems that pvm also aint interesting at all as its almost impossible to find a full team of random 6 people willing to do one thing except maybe going afk when you kite them before later levels (at last i dont see anyone on lft on my leveling characters pre lvl 100, my personal record so far up to lvl 50 were 4 people) so you can just quit already. Cya!

It seems that AO isnt a pvp game as there are no people doing pvp. It isnt also pvm as pvm areas are empty. It must ba RP one than!
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 18th, 2010 at 08:19:31.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I find teams for PvM just fine. Yes there are areas of it that are more desolate then others, and times of day when it's harder to get teams.

BS on the other hand is only one of many PvP venues that is largely abandoned and for a significant portion of the day.

There's only so much you can blame on low population.

But then your response is expected, no PvPer wants to admit that they really aren't the majority of the community.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

I can totally understand that being able to purchase VP now rather than have to do BS to get it will decrease the numbers doing BS but I really don't understand why this should upset the true PVP'ers that much.

Reading through previous posts there have been a number of complaints ftrom PVP'ers about BS over the last 6,12,18 months. Some of them that I can sympathise with if I put myself in the place of a dedicated PVP player are

1. Allowing BS daily missions has increased the numbers of PVM players in BS and taken away the challenge for true PVP'ers. This has caused some to quit PVP.

2. PVM VP farmers are ruining the PVP experience by just entering for 1 BS then leaving again. Constantly trying to 4 cap to get it over with quickly.

3. PVM players arranging VP farming events where both sides take it in turn to 4 cap and win in as little time as possible and no one fights.

Both of these last two must be infuriating for PVP players as their part of the game is basically being hijacked by players not at all interested in it apart from quick VP gain.

Now VP is buyable, overall a cause for celebration for real PVP players I would think.
    Yes numbers will go down but the only losses will be PVM players with no interest in real PVP. As a result those real PVP players who quit BS because of the influx of PVM'ers may now return to BS.
    If PVP is such an important part of AO and many many players enjoy it then there should still be enough to fill BS. Only difference now may be that those in there will mainly be PVP players rather than 50% PVM'ers and the challenge of true PVP will be able to be enjoyed by all again.

That said there will still be some PVM players who will not be willing or able to purchase VP through the store so will still go to BS, sufficient numbers I would imagine to fill any gaps when there is a shortage of PVP players.

The only downside I can see for PVP is that you now wont have as many "noob" PVM'ers to easily farm kill points from. But if you really are a PVP'er then that is a good thing as well isn't it???

u really think lots of players will buy vp from store? when almost everyone has millions vp farmed on their accs already and ready to sell it for creds )

Considering 50k VP = €80/$80, I highly doubt too many would buy all their VP.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

It isnt about buying VP for IRL money but about the fact that most of ofab items are yesdrop. BS wont happen as often if at all, especially pre lvl 215. Some people in my org have over 1 mln vps on their characters, thats enough to feed an army of levelers. It isn’t even worth signing up for bs or taking a bs daily if you can beg an org mate to buy a piece of ofab for you. Therefore low level battlestations will run even less often than they do today and it has nothing to do with fact that only 2 people on entire server tolerate pvp or whatever other theory is spread but because of simple fact that you can “pvm” alone (preferably dual logged) while for “pvp” you need to find 5 different people who wont emo / afk / whine / quit / reroll / relog / log off and don’t have daily bs locked that is “a bit” more unlikely.

@Skeli
    I love those anti - pvp walls of texts. Give us, ev0l and deviant pvpers, ability to buy pvm equip and xp for VPs so you, the true gamers, or whatever your carebear forum whining company ltd. is called nowadays, can calebrate "real pvm" without us, kk? I really hate stupidity and manipulation. Do you know what A. Einstein said asked by Nazis about his race?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    @Skeli
    I love those anti - pvp walls of texts. Give us, ev0l and deviant pvpers, ability to buy pvm equip and xp for VPs so you, the true gamers, or whatever your carebear forum whining company ltd. is called nowadays, can calebrate "real pvm" without us, kk? I really hate stupidity and manipulation. Do you know what A. Einstein said asked by Nazis about his race?
    You misunderstand, I am not anti PVP at all. I dont personally like it, true, but I realise that many do and as far as I am concerned live and let live.
    All I was stating is that PVP'ers generally dont like PVM'ers spoiling their real PVP experience, so the fewer PVM'ers that have to do BS then it should be a plus for PVP'ers not a negative.

And yes I totally agree, giving PVP players a way of getting the right equipment without having to PVM would be fantastic. Much as I dont like playing PVP there must be just as many who dont like PVM, everyone should have the choice. Coming from previously playing a game where this was available for those who prefer PVP I know it is possible and I know it works.

I will admit though my very last statement about kill farming may have been slight sour grapes comes from too many times being chased round by PVP twinks constantly chasing and killing me when there were more challenging targets available who actually wanted to fight. But I guess you will always get a minority of people who prefer to do that.

The overall gist of my post however wasn't anti PVP but let people do what they like to do rather than be forced one way or the other. Sorry though that you took it so badly, and where did that Nazi reference come from??? Bit harsh wasnt it?
    Last edited by Skelin; Nov 18th, 2010 at 13:48:46.

I was of a different opinion before but now I realize that BS is affected by VP sales. Not because less PVMers will go, but because the most efficient fmaring of VP, for anyone, is at 220 BS. Why is someone going to slave in level 60 BS to get some OFAB on an enfo twink when they spend 1/4 the time doing it at 220?

If Ofab items are now tradeable, the VP from the BS need to all the same to remove the bais towards the level 220 BS VP farming. If that makes OFAB armors too accessible at the various QL's, then the VP costs for the various QL of armors need to be the same as well.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

i pvm for my vps, when i get started i usually farm 1k a day in le missions. i dont pvp don't plan to either. i also don't plan on taking out loans to buy them. when i run le missions i get aixp and honestly earn the items im gona buy.
    Alaberto 220/20/59 crat - Arnolf 220/21/61 ma
    Graybot 220/18/55 engi - Graydoc 220/25/68 doc
    Grayfix 220/20/58 fixer - Metaphyzzz 220/19/59 meta
    Riiver 220/25/68 advi - Roae 220/14/54 trader
    Troxxin 220/26/68 enforcer - Wolfhere 220/23/65 soldier
    Troxxxin 218/22/51 enforcer - Metaphysss 200/14/44 meta
    Graysdoc 150/17/34 doc - Grayskeep 185/20/38 keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I was of a different opinion before but now I realize that BS is affected by VP sales. Not because less PVMers will go, but because the most efficient fmaring of VP, for anyone, is at 220 BS. Why is someone going to slave in level 60 BS to get some OFAB on an enfo twink when they spend 1/4 the time doing it at 220?

If Ofab items are now tradeable, the VP from the BS need to all the same to remove the bais towards the level 220 BS VP farming. If that makes OFAB armors too accessible at the various QL's, then the VP costs for the various QL of armors need to be the same as well.
    Holy **** batman, then you instantly kill lowbie TLs for your selfish "needs". Sorry no.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds