Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do these drop?

Where do these drop?

Ok, means said at the inception of the item store that items offered would just be a way to obtain some items faster, ones that don't give advantage but to obtain normally would take time.

So... my question is where can people without money obtain these items through time and energy?

Instant Grid Device
    Portable Bank
    Portable GMS
    Unlimited Maximajack chair
    Unsided faction social armour
    ICC social armour
    Beast social armour

This list doesn't include items that are just there to save grind time (xp stims and such) but items that currently anyone of any level can gain by buying but no one without extra cash can hope to obtain...
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Quote Originally Posted by Casorinth View Post
    Ok, means said at the inception of the item store that items offered would just be a way to obtain some items faster, ones that don't give advantage but to obtain normally would take time.

So... my question is where can people without money obtain these items through time and energy?

Instant Grid Device
    Portable Bank
    Portable GMS
    ICC social armour
    Beast social armour

This list doesn't include items that are just there to save grind time (xp stims and such) but items that currently anyone of any level can gain by buying but no one without extra cash can hope to obtain...
    Roll a Fixer
    Roll a Crat
    Roll a Trader
    Can't
    Can't
    Can't
    Get real beast armor and throw it in social
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

Fixers can make those out of the item you loot from a mob.
    Crats have that
    Traders have that

unlimited pumpkinfloater isn't something that gives anyone any advantage
    sided social armor don't add any benefits but I kind of hate how each side can now wear the iconic armor of the other side and I am highly opposed to this, and think these should be made sided-only, given a playshift req and users who bought them offered a refund.

icc social armor doesn't give any benefit or advantage to anyone
    beast social armor doens't give any benefit to anyone.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    sided social armor don't add any benefits but I kind of hate how each side can now wear the iconic armor of the other side and I am highly opposed to this, and think these should be made sided-only, given a playshift req and users who bought them offered a refund.

icc social armor doesn't give any benefit or advantage to anyone
    beast social armor doens't give any benefit to anyone.
    I agree! or at least make them only wearable by opposed sides when RP is enabled, so players at least have some indication.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Why should you have to roll a certain class to use things that anyone with spare cash can get on any toon?

And as far as I know fixers cannot make instant grids, just a 1 use fixer grid storage item that needs them to refill each time.

And its not about giving advantage stat wise, its the fact that means stated things would be obtainable through time and effort and not just by purchasing, but thats not the case.

You have items that remove unique aspects of classes in favour of anyone who has spare cash.

Items that are better versions of ingame items (see maximajack, only unlimted access one is from purchasing, not able to get via drop or otherway in game, and it actually can give a slight advantage as its a 150 runspeed buff thats usable in almost any area (just not battlestation).

Some fairly unique and rare armours that either cannot be obtained at all normally or those that can be obtained normally are not really available to higher level and then they can't be worn by certain people.

I would love to see the faction social armour at least have their faction requirements placed back
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This chair will be gone when the preorder is done...which should have been Friday. If it is still up you will get your chair when you order...but I will be shutting it down as soon as I can get time with the billing coder on Monday.

We are likely to make other vehicles (like a pink hoverboard...with a bunny on it!)...but this chair will never be sold as a PP-Item while it is up to me.
    Unlimited Maximajack Chair is just a slightly altered skin of the Loungemaster or a completely new item?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

The Maximajack doesnt make you cross you leg.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Unlimited Maximajack Chair is just a slightly altered skin of the Loungemaster or a completely new item?
    Its the halloween floating pumpkin chair.

Its completely different, you look like a large floaty pumpkin with your head and feet sticking out.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

well usnided armor kinda ruined my 5 year old quest to have a toon wear omnimed armor. It's the 2nd half of why I rolled copperneedle years ago. Found omni surgeon cloak in a BY threw it on an omni doc... and thought hmmm omni med armor looks cool. Been collecting the components I found as the years droll on. Had planned on changing sides to get it on before 200, but social tab fixed that, now I dont even need to worry about doing it pre-200 since the crap armor is social mode.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Why should you have to roll a certain class to use things that anyone with spare cash can get on any toon?

And as far as I know fixers cannot make instant grids, just a 1 use fixer grid storage item that needs them to refill each time.
    Because that's how it is. You're free to not use these items without the spare cash. It is after all just convenience. You can run to a bank or GMS or grid term or find a fixer to fill up your grid beacon. I personally have grown old and timeless enough to see the benefit of some of these things and which ones I won't need at all.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

grid items are ingame, drop in IS - just forgot the name.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Instant Grid Device
    Portable Bank
    Portable GMS
    ICC social armour
    Beast social armour

Wouldn't The Collector be suitable place for those items to drop? Anyone tried it yet?
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    grid items are ingame, drop in IS - just forgot the name.
    1. Super rare drop...only seen them drop like 3 times ever?
    2. 5 Charges per stack
    3. 30+ minute CL lock

Hardly a valid case. I've never used mine.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

not 30+ mins
    4 hours =)

// Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Traders have that

Noob to traders and all that, you mean traders have a way to browse the GMS from other locations?

I don't think the intention was to offer freely obtainable alternatives to everything in the shop. The intention was to release stuff that would be a convinience to you, without increasing power.

But since you seem ok with XP stims, which saves a lot of time, then why is the time it takes to run to a bank or GMS terminal so bad?

As for the social stuff, that's not even convinience. I'd say that's a very good sort of item to sell in the shop.
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

Because that's how it is. You're free to not use these items without the spare cash. It is after all just convenience. You can run to a bank or GMS or grid term or find a fixer to fill up your grid beacon. I personally have grown old and timeless enough to see the benefit of some of these things and which ones I won't need at all.
    They just shouldn't have put profession tools up for sale, not in a fashion they have.

And again you seem intent on thinking fixers can give you an evac item, THEY CANNOT!

The most they can do is give a 1 shot of fixer grid access that you can save, this is not the same as an instant grid nano.

Quote Originally Posted by brbcoffee

I don't think the intention was to offer freely obtainable alternatives to everything in the shop. The intention was to release stuff that would be a convinience to you, without increasing power.

But since you seem ok with XP stims, which saves a lot of time, then why is the time it takes to run to a bank or GMS terminal so bad?

As for the social stuff, that's not even convinience. I'd say that's a very good sort of item to sell in the shop.
    Forgive me, but im pretty sure that means stated that nothing would be in the new shop that wouldn't be able to get without paying/

XP stims are obtainable occasionally during birthday times and of course speed up leveling without effecting other peoples toolsets (even crats xp toolset just works with it rather than being replaced)

Stuff that gives out an entire profession thing to everyone removes uniqueness, fixers grid nano line is longer than some peoples buff lines for their core weapons, now its being offered to everyone for cash? Sure fixer ones may come with a little advantage here and there but enough for them not to feel stiffed?

The GMS and Bank were nice little perks to being trader and crat that fit their characters and such.

As for social items, yeah I don't mind them selling some social items, its just when they start selling stuff that others cannot get or couldn't use without buying them that it gets silly.

I mean a large part of the fun in game for me was hunting down some of the rarer nice looking equipment that not everyone has and showing it off, now not only can people just buy such items, they can buy and wear them even if the actual item in game wouldn't be wearable for them.
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Funcom employee

Forgive me, but im pretty sure that means stated that nothing would be in the new shop that wouldn't be able to get without paying/
    Please post this quote if you don't mind, as I cannot find it for the life of me.

Either way, even if Means did make such a statement, I can assure you that the intent behind it was that the *power-enhancing* items in the new store would not be anything which was not normally found in the game, such as an "Improved Burden of Competence" or anything of the like (and NO, for those of you already leaping for that post button, we're not selling BoCs, improved or otherwise - quit it :P).

For the last several years we've already offered social items through our Phasefront vendor in-game utilizing paid points; this store is no different. Will there be social items in this store that you cannot otherwise get in-game? Of course. Just like there have been social items in our other paid point vendors which you have not otherwise been able to get through gameplay - We've been selling social clothing, jetbikes, hoverboards, leet pets, luxury apartments, and other such stuff for quite some time now without it being available via loot drop in-game. In that sense there's nothing different now from what we've been doing the last several years; just a different interface and a different system behind it. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Appren View Post
    Noob to traders and all that, you mean traders have a way to browse the GMS from other locations?
    http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=257958

Personal GMS, usable by right click, obtainable from the trader shop trader-only vendor.

Trader only to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast