Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDM.Keylogger detected in CLIENT.EXE

PDM.Keylogger detected in CLIENT.EXE

I just finished upgrading with 18.4 patch and now, when I launch
    \PROGRAM FILES\FUNCOM\ANARCHY ONLINE\CLIENT.EXE
    Kaspersky 2011 detects PDM.Keylogger

Does anyone have this problem?

It might be detecting the awesomenium.dll (or whatever it is) that attaches itself to client.exe to run the ingame shop. Apparently Norton doesn't like it either. I'd just tell kapersky it's ok.

kaspersky 2011 as bad as norton

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    kaspersky 2011 as bad as norton
    What do you use?

I use vipre. non firewall edition.
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caighil3 View Post
    I use vipre. non firewall edition.
    I use that at work, Enterprise version is horrible.

Wow! A heuristic scanner finds a false positive! That's new!

What antivirus do I use? Why, I don't use antivirus at all! Because what on earth is it good for? The thing is, it's pretty much impossible to become infected with virus unless you yourself install it! Am I stupid enough to do that? No.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

i use nod32 on desktop and mse on laptop
    ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What antivirus do I use? Why, I don't use antivirus at all! Because what on earth is it good for? The thing is, it's pretty much impossible to become infected with virus unless you yourself install it! Am I stupid enough to do that? No.
    Ditto! Oh, and QFT!

FC is stealing your AO account!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

but the unknown setup.exe looks so tempting!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    FC is stealing your AO account!
    We like!
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

See, even the antivirus companies consider the shop as bad thing!

It's good for those who don't really know what they're doing.
    When assessing what kind of advice to give a large populance, there's two kinds of people to consider:
    Those who think they know what they're doing, but don't; and those who know what they're doing, but think otherwise. Usually, you only concern yourself with the first.

Giving the first group the advice of not using AV 'cause "it's unnecessary" is dangerous at best.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I use Kaspersky 2011 too and had the same problem. After looking at the path tho I was pretty sure it's not something bad :P
    Ended up with making it a trusted process and job done.

I rather have an AV on my box since I'm sleeping better when I got something watching over the silly me, even tho I don't install everything that comes across my screen too.

Thay
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Anyone who has to put untested thumbdrives into their computer for whatever reason (e.g. not living in ur mom's basement) risks "installing" a virus so :/
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    I use that at work, Enterprise version is horrible.
    Never tried enterprise
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

Personally I use Avast! and it's not found any virus or anything wrong with AO or the new DLL.

@Masta:

Even though I consider myself smart enough to not install viruses (I've not had one in years) this is a shared PC (my sister uses it when she comes over, etc) and not everyone is as savvy as I am so keeping my system protected is a good thing.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

You call that a virus? Herpes > Keyloggers

If it's any consolation, Kapersky 2010 did it too. And not just for the AO client - for every single other program on your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast