Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random crashing..

Win7 64bit
    Install location = C:\Anarchy Online
    Using Kaspersky AV 2010, active & up to date

I'm sending crash reports most of the time. From memory it seems to be complaining about syswow64.dll or something similar
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    Windows 7 - Check

Installed in "Program Files" - negative

I can't guarantee that it was the culprit; but since my Kapersky had expired (free trial with PC) - I uninstalled it and went with MSE - no crashes since then ...
    Hmm... Kaspersky here aswell. I'll try and let you know...
    Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustür stattfindet...

Quote Originally Posted by pandemonica View Post
    Win7 64 here. Random crashing since patch.

Also since patch AO crashes every single time I log off with client.exe causing an issue with some dll I can't recall the name of at the moment.

Been sending the error reports.
    having the exact same problem here. so a fast fix, or a temp solution to this would be very nice

While I do experience random crashes I never crash when logging out.

I am also on a Win7 64bit system. I dont have any spyware or virusscanner installed however (other than the inbuilt windows firewall, and the physical firewall built into my router).

Every time I've had a crash on exit since this patch has been because I've been screwing with the UI. After I had finished installing/configured my UI it was fine.

Has nothing to do with the UI here. Due to another issue, I re-installed AO on sunday and had the same on-exit crashes before I changed my GUI back to the custom one I'm using.

On a side note, I'm sure FC is already being flooded with automatic crash reports. They must be aware of the issue.
    ಠ_ಠ

Just to throw another log on the fire. AO crashes on me 95% of the time also. Win 7 x64. AO installed on different drive. Other than that, nothing has been altered ( ie: gui ). Running Mcafee antivirus & firewall. I never had a problem until the 18.4 patch. Also it sometimes saves my preferences and other times not. I have to use task manager also to end AO when it crashes. I saw in the last crash report it was from the ntdll file. I don't know about any of the other crashes since I didn't check the report, I just sent them in. Very annoying indeed. Last time it happened I had to reboot because the AO window ( black screen ) was covering up 3/4 of my screen and hiding my task manager window and right clicking on the taskbar icon and trying to close from there does nothing.
    Last edited by NPS; Nov 24th, 2010 at 23:36:34.

Confirmed Crash while zoning on 3 characters (3 diff accounts, 2 diff PC's) - which I hadnt got since I repaired my connection. It happened only since last patch.

System XP SP2 and 32Bit Vista.

Oh, and btw: Did FC established forum on Dial-Up Connection? It works terrible!!!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I've created a new thread on the tech forum, it seems to be different to the other crashes people are reporting there

PS - Bump! What's going on FC? This is getting annoying!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Fix that come on that is boring
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

i never crash on login/logout, it's always in completely random place at random time

Win7 64bit, AO crashing every time I log off the game, this is on a new gaming rig, what... the... hell?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I got the same problem, i crash like 19 out of 20 times i log off...
    Win 7 64bit average everything
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I am also crash alot where before patch I nevered crashed. I crash zoning in the areas between ICC, APF and Xan. Huge server lag in Xan area.

yes, i'm having a lot of crashes too (mostly on ai dailies). winxp/ati gfx card here
    Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

There is also a thread about this in Tech Help http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=584501 if anyone is interested. Unfortunately no one has found a solution there yet either. Just been gathering more specific info about it.

Happens to me at least once a day. Very annoying, especially when you have two accounts running at the same time.
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12