Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whoever planned the BS levels should be fired

Whoever planned the BS levels should be fired

Ok, we've all had a little fun. Now, it's time to make BS the way it should be.

I don't care about lowby PVP, so I won't get into it. However, ANY level that is in contact with SL levels for PVP currently, is just stupid.

In case FC employees have forgotted what SL dings are, they are 5x a normal level.

Ok, so, anyone want to do a bit of maths with me here?

101 to 150 level range is 50 levels.

Fine. no isse.

151-174 ---> this is 24 levels. umm, why? esp when you look at the next range:

175 to 214, where 200 to 214 is worth five levels each (214-200)*5-175= 95 LEVELS.

Lets get this straight. SL levels are worth 5 each. Now, taking that into consideration, and that there should PLAUSIBLY be enough people to populate 3 different BS's, lets sort this out, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT what Means said in a FWM lately: "PVM twinks are retard gimps, and they should occupy the top level; the PVPers, who ruin all the fun, should have to work hard for their kills" FINE.

So, if the PVM "twink" retard gimps are going to be at the top of a BS range, that would obviously be 150.

So, FC changes the the TL4-5 BS. GREAT, we're doing ok so far, and the PVM "twinks" can shoot at the PVPers 40 levels lower than them and feel good because they can finally get a good fight (gzz omni).

Now, clearly Means didn't follow through on his idea, or, it's half baked and he's still working out the implementation for higher levels: So, Means: may I remind you that the NEXT PVM "twink" level is now 200. So, wheres my 151-200 BS where the level 200 PVM "twinks" get to rawk out hard on the TL5 PVPers?

Obviously, that would leave the rest of the SL range with the 220's. FINE.

201's start getting access to a WHOLE slew of new items, and LOX items and BIG weapons. Do they REALLY belong in a BS range with TL5's? level 175-190 toons, hell, even the 200's and the 210's are just getting WAXED by the 214's.

At 214, currently, you are completely, and I mean COMPLETELY invincible in the 175 to 214 BS. This is the most POORLY planned change made since I've started game.

So: I propose the following:

Level 101-150 (50 level difference) is fine, no beef, the 150 PVM "twinks" are such a load of tards it's like taking PVP points from ... well, PVM "twinks" lol.

Level 151-200 (50 level difference) is fine, the 200 PVM nabs can have another heyday, just like Means promised them. The PVP twinks at 165 and 170 can have a fun time trying to kill them. This would be ideal

Level 201-210 (50 level difference) is fine.

Level 210-220 (50 Level Difference) is fine
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 20th, 2010 at 09:54:47.

It could take me few hours to copy/paste all the quotes from people QQing about possible 151-200 BS range. Things that were said by players about that idea when it was announced were real bad... As usual those who are loudest win. Not much to say about it.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

is that a bump or a "you're wrong" ?

Funcom employee

I agree. This isn't "done". It isn't forgotten either.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Means, why don't you give lower level ranges a nano which bolsters them to the according max level on BS? So they get some HP, some Attack-Rating and some Nano. The nano should work on the stats of the toon, so no tricks can be done.
    You could take as Value what maximum can be achieved in that levelrange and scale it down by 40%. Then you might have the average toon. I guess. But just a sample it's you who needs to do the math .
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I agree. This isn't "done". It isn't forgotten either.
    I like j00! Unfortunately there were many things that were obviously broken and it took years to get em fixed.

The solution is simple:
    101-150: at 150 you have pvp and pvm content (s10),
    151 - 200: at 200 you have pvp and pvm content (s7),
    201-220: endgame.
    Its worth makng max lvl character to enjoy both parts of game.

Means, what we really need is a one phrase: "XXX is done, it wont change anymore". This lack of firmness on your side in last 2 years may be even more annoying that "imbalance".
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I am levelling a fixer and doing the bs dailys and in the time I was in lvl151-174 range the BS only ran twice that I found and died straight after it ran.

So gz to all the people who cried to keep that lvl range intact...

I also thought the 175-214 range was retarded until I managed to kill a 210 shade on my 177 fixer, if ranges had been closer I would not have had that magical sensation But mainly I am just prey to anyone with a few shadowlevels.
    Last edited by Heretic; Nov 20th, 2010 at 12:11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    I like j00! Unfortunately there were many things that were obviously broken and it took years to get em fixed.

The solution is simple:

Means, what we really need is a one phrase: "XXX is done, it wont change anymore". This lack of firmness on your side in last 2 years may be even more annoying that "imbalance".
    well if your sticking the current idea, proposed, wouldnt it be best to to have 201-210 then 211-220
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I would suggest:
    101-150
    151-189
    190-214
    215-220

Which would go pretty much by Title Levels. TL6 brings too much on balance table so separating tl5 and tl6 would be decent option and 190-214 have to be wider compared to masses of 220s, but power cap shouldn't be too large in that range, this would be only range where pvm group is underdog...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    well if your sticking the current idea, proposed, wouldnt it be best to to have 201-210 then 211-220
    201-210 may not run, but otherwise it's a solid idea.

And the mining area really should be looked at! It should be designed to be rewarding for an handful of players (when BS doesn't run), and shold be easy to spot. RP reasons or not, no one will find that pf.
    Last edited by boltgun; Nov 20th, 2010 at 20:17:10.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by ciekafsky View Post
    i like j00! Unfortunately there were many things that were obviously broken and it took years to get em fixed.

The solution is simple:
    101-150: At 150 you have pvp and pvm content (s10),
    151 - 200: At 200 you have pvp and pvm content (s7),
    201-220: Endgame.
    bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post

The solution is simple:
    bump, even tho all the 16x - 174ish twinks would go emo and hit the cancel button...

201-210 would make absolutely no sense, as it would NEVER run.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

My 174 pvp twink vs. some 200 pvm s7 twinks? Bring it on!

Bump for 101-150, 151-200, 201-220

I suggest FC not listen to people on the forums about what the best change is, because I'm starting to get the impression that they can't get any good from us when it comes to "changing" things. New ideas are great, but I swear I could list more stupidity that comes from QQing forums idiots (not directing any insults to you noobas, before you mistake this comment as such) than anything good ever happened.

Either way, if you want some decent pvp on a 151-174 you are gonna have to go to tower wars. There is no pvm content that would restrict you to that range, so arguing that you want to pvp and having easy access to constant pvp content in the form of notum wars just means you actually want to pound some PVMers face in. If you do need ofab or something for this range, im sure you can do it more efficiently by buying or trading for ofab.

If FC makes staying in a certain range more appealing, which supports BS participation, that means less players in other ranges. Unfortunate as it may seem, we do not have the population to support a broad range of attractive gameplay areas that would also support other aspects of AO such as Battlestations.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    As long as there is nothing to do in pvm at 201-210 there is no need to have so small (yup, i dont agree with Noobas that 201-210 ar 50 levels, its only 10) BS range. I guess that all 201+ characters except maybe 5 -10 people on entire server who want to have NW twinks are just grinding up to 220 so from their point of view all that matters is a BS that RUNS so they can do daily mission. With ofabs made yesdrop we can expect even less interest in battlestations as almost no one will do it to get VP. You can buy 1k VP for 1 mln credits and those are very easy to earn at lvl 150. Or just get it for free from your friends. No matter how we look at it, it just doesnt calculate. Than it comes fact that you need to leave SL (primary leveling zone) to sign up for BS and once you leave BS room you may miss invite. Maybe if there was a remote sign up device, but there isnt atm...

So, to sum it up, 201-210 would be just another dead range and there is no point in having it.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    bump, even tho all the 16x - 174ish twinks would go emo and hit the cancel button...
    I wouldnt so it wont be "all". Im pretty sure that people prefer BS range that runs way more than one that doesnt.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I would suggest:
    101-150
    151-189
    190-214
    215-220

Which would go pretty much by Title Levels. TL6 brings too much on balance table so separating tl5 and tl6 would be decent option and 190-214 have to be wider compared to masses of 220s, but power cap shouldn't be too large in that range, this would be only range where pvm group is underdog...
    I think TL7 starts at 205.

having a 214 in contact with ANYONE sub 201, and probably sub-205, is an absolute disaster.

On my 200 twinked doc, I can't even land UBT, a dot, a regular, a burst, OR a fling shot against 214's.

TL6 is F+CKED right now, and needs a MASSIVE boost if it's going to be remotely PVP viable with low TL 7's. It won't EVER be viable vs medium TL7s, and it will NEVER be viable vs endgame.

Hence why there has always been so much fuss about the PVP enabled levels.

214 1hb/1he Enfs are always a joy to fight on an... anything lower than 200. I've been killed by one on my TL6 shade by an Enforcer that didn't even break his capping; Brawl stun, Sneak/FA, 3 perks, and I was down, and the entire time he was still capping Core.

Sheesh.

Oh, and the 214 OFAB soldiers that magically evade everything; that's fun too.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

151-189
    190-206
    207-214
    215-220

alltho, if we had enuff ppl online in ao, the old lvl ranges were allmost perfect, just not enuff players left ingame to keep them alive

@ saetos, love yer siggy mate

Originally Posted by Freor
    It's no longer the same game many of us have fallen in love with over the years when your real-life wallet starts to buy you power. And it's not hard to see where this is leading. Some time ago Means stated they would never ever sell anything other than social items for real money. Last week we heard about XP stims for $ which were originally removed from trading due to "being too powerfull". Now they reveal tokens, VP, Reset points being for sale too. Buyable levels in the horizon. Really... it doesn't take Einstein to figure out where this leads.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I have actually accepted the new ranges and I have no real problems with them, 151-174 could easily be tweaked into 151-190 though
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post

201-210 would make absolutely no sense, as it would NEVER run.
    My 170 twink is no real value at the moment BS-wise since there's nobody to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    214 1hb/1he Enfs are always a joy to fight on an... anything lower than 200. I've been killed by one on my TL6 shade by an Enforcer that didn't even break his capping; Brawl stun, Sneak/FA, 3 perks, and I was down, and the entire time he was still capping Core.

Sheesh.

Oh, and the 214 OFAB soldiers that magically evade everything; that's fun too.
    201-220 would probably be more balanced than the current 175-214.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast